A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,386
Currently Running With Scissors:
476 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft My Character Swap Gallery  (Read 13290 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Helena Puck
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013 12:36:01 PM »

Here is the package I received from smileyyogini.

Here is a group shot of EVERYTHING! Please excuse the blur. I knew I wouldn't be able to hold the kids back for too long. My son put his little blue fluffy in the picture too just because.

All the goodies fit inside the AWESOME mockingjay draw-string bag. The bag is made from a nice soft t-shirt material with a pink mockingjay design crocheted onto the solid gray crocheted background. I've never seen anything like this is it so freaking cool!

Melody also included goodies for my boys: a mario kart eraser board, a Super hero Squad sticker book, a Spider-man paint set, and Iggy Moshi Monster McD's toy. Thank you thank you thank you! We missed when Iggy was released and my son was so sad about it. I've been looking everywhere for one and asking around. Melody found it for me.

She also sent some wonderful pieces of candy. The dark sea salt chocolate is my husband's favorite and she sent some pomegranate chocolate for me. I'm not sure but she must have checked out all the pomegranate from my Etsy favorites page.

Since I love paper crafts, she also include a tiny shaped punch for my collection.

Last but not least, she made the coolest Wonder Woman goodies!! An apron and a pair of fingerless gloves. It came just in time too. Weather was getting warmer than all of a sudden snow is falling and schools are closing.

Here are some close ups so you all can see the amazingness!

Great job Melody on your first swap! Wonderful job! I love everything!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013 12:38:13 PM by Helena Puck » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bobomom
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013 04:11:41 PM »

Those Wonderwoman fingerless gloves are great!  I also love the mockingjay bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chughes225
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013 04:25:52 PM »

The bag is great and I love the wonderwoman stuff too.  You did a great job smileyyogini.

Now for the amazing package I received from oath keeper.  She sent me some yummy candy that has disappeared with the kids Cheesy She made me two key chains one bobba fett and the other one the 11th doctor. We need fishfingers  Grin. A pair of snitch earrings and a lotr hair pin!

A water color painting of one of my favortie moments of Malcolm Reynold's from Firefly

And my favorite item a Harry Potter bust!

All the detail is amazing.  She said that she isn't good at human figures and she is so wrong.  She did great I love his expression and his glasses. He has already found a home with all my other Hp stuff.

Thank you so much Oath keeper I love everything you made and I would love to swap again. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smileyyogini
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013 05:49:03 PM »

Yay! It arrived!!! There is always that little bit of nervousness when I put something in the mail. But I am very happy to see it got to you safe and sound. Smiley

The bag was an interesting journey. Originally it was supposed to be a crocheted bag. It was my first tunisian and when it was finished it was alot taller than it was wide and making a bag from it would have been really inconvenient to use. So, I asked EVERYONE I know what I could possibley do with the panel and then the drawstring backpack idea came to me.

The gloves are something I duped from Etsy. I just loved them the second I saw them.

I came across the super hero fabric at the store and just had to try my hand at making an apron out of it. I noticed you had some aprons pinned on pinterest. Wink

The rest is just some fun stuff I came across while shopping and collecting my supplies. I really enjoyed getting to know you and crafting for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smiles,
Melody

www.MelodyCrochet.com
http://www.ravelry.com/people/Smileyyogini
http://www.pinterest.com/MelodyCrochet/

Currently stalking the Ongoing Wish Swap 114! Hoopla 14! TM Patch 5!
VERY open to personal swaps Cheesy Message me!
IsikkahJai
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2013 07:05:53 PM »

Holy Wonder Woman!!  Shocked Gone for a day and look what happened!  Grin The gallery exploded!

I'm so SOOO impressed with the Grimmjow. I mean, seriously chughes----are you perfect at EVERYTHING first time around?  Grin And I'm SO HAPPY that Oath got at least one of her original characters crafted for her! I KNEW chughes, if anyone, could do it! YAAAAYYY!!!!!
   Those wonder woman cuffs are AMAZING!!! And I can't even wrap my head around that crochet panel O_O All the little extras are very thoughtful too!
    That LOTR hair pin looks so delicate and beautiful! Is it clay? It looks like marble it's so perfect. I LOVE it! And HARRY POTTER has never looked better!  Cheesy He just fits right in with that awesome collection!

OH MY GOSH LADIES!!! I'm so excited and impressed!!!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013 07:36:43 PM »

Chughes really is great at everything the first time around IsikkahJai. And I am indeed very happy my partner was willing to craft something for me that came out of my own head Cheesy And to answer your question, yes the hair pin is made of clay. A mix of super sculpey and sculpey III for some flexibility and strength. It looks like that because I hit it with two different green shimmer powders. It makes clay things look amazing Smiley and dyes your fingers the color you're using and glittery for two days after you use it Tongue lol.

Haha, I'm glad Harry earned a spot in your collection Chughes Smiley And I feel the need to say, I have that Harry Potter owl pillow! Only mine isn't that white anymore lol.

Also, my mom would FLIP for that Wonder Woman apron and that glove set. Very nice job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amigurl55

I already did!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013 07:03:49 AM »

Um.  This IS a 4-point swap, correct?  Because I've only made 4 points worth of stuff and it looks like everyone else has made more.

Anyway, great stuff and if there was ever a time for swap anxiety now would be it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I told you: I only wrote that poem to test my printer!

My etsy shop: http://dollycouture55.etsy.com
Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013 02:33:48 PM »

Yeah I wrote down that it was  a 4 point swap and to only do 4 points... 4 points is so not enough lol. I always go over when swapping. I get so caught up in it that I can't stop Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chughes225
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013 06:27:51 PM »

You guys are so sweet. I loved crafting for oath keeper original characters. She sent me little bits from her storys and i wanted to know more. She has a very nice writing style that flows. She was able to describe the characters so well i could see them. The bigest challenge was that she wasn't there to correct me on how she sees him compared to how i see him. But i loved the challenge. Wink

I can never stick to the points either there are always extras Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IsikkahJai
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013 09:10:33 PM »

I Will NEVER EVER put "No extras" in my organized swaps  Wink But I do warn partners to communicate about sending extras. I got so spoiled on a couple of my swaps and didn't send nearly enough in return and felt like a fail crafter  Undecided I don't want anybody else to ever feel that way >.<

I received my package from dfabbric!! Unfortunately she's gone on a cruise atm so I can't ask her to post her excellent quality pictures but I'll be uploading some crappy cell pics in the sunlight tomorrow. I LOVE IT! She combined my two favorite things in the world--- drawing and NOTE CARDS! <3 <3!! She drew every single character on my list. Each one has it's own separate note card with wonderful little embellishments. EEEK!! THEY ARE NEVER EVER GOING TO BE USED FOR ANYONE BUT ME! >.>    <.<    >.>

Wall art, they will become <3 ^^ Good, it is <3 ^^

She also sent me the cutest Mary Crawley felt Doll (from Downton Abbey, BBC show). When she complained about not having enough of a challenge from me I threw her a curve ball and she threw it right back with perfect aplomb! XD Love you D!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Extreme Website Makeover - Adjusting the Trace Settings
Extreme Website Makeover - Adjusting Tracing Presets, Mode and Threshold
Extreme Website Makeover - Live Trace and the Tracing Options Dialog Box
Extreme Website Makeover - Creating a Company Logo with Illustrator®
Extreme Website Makeover - Previewing the Finished Website
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Kitchen Dishtowels with Fabric Accents
Tomato/Tomahto
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...