A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 51
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP22 Crafting with the Glitz GALLERY!  (Read 50076 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2013  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013 12:40:53 PM »

I received my first package from LimeRiot, which is focused on her (vs. me).  It's a way we're getting to know each other better.  She sent me some really lovely things!   Smiley

Here's a group shot of everything she sent.  Left to right are a tote bag, gardening journal, knit cloths in a cute french fry container, the most awesome sounding caramel sauce with vanilla and butter from a shop near her home (this will make it onto our a dessert tonight!), postcards from Seattle where she lives, a Yay Dogs magnet (love!), some wool felt (her favorite craft supply), a handmade potholder and local pasta.  Some closeups follow...

A potholder and some space noodles (how fun is that?) to represent her love of cooking.  I love the kitchen graphic!

A garden journal done in Lime's signature style (I was hoping I'd get something that's sooo LimeRiot!).  The graphic was stamped with the butt end of a cabbage, believe it or not.

A tote bag representing Vashon Island, where she grew up on a farm not unlike ours today.  The little felt heart is an 'x marks the spot' for her homestead.    Cheesy

Here are the knit washcloths out of their french fry packaging.  I need these.

Thank you so much for everything, Lime, it's great getting to know you!   Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
StickerChic87
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013 01:13:52 PM »

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone! I always have fun crafting for Calabaza. Smiley

Im not into gardening, but I LOVE that cabbage stamped journal cover!! Love the zigzag fabric on the tote. And those noodles look so awesome...I think shaped noodles always taste better than regular ones. Cheesy Great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BigBangMomma

Addicted to Amigurimi, and afghans!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013 01:27:35 PM »

Ooh what a great package.I love that you're doing your own version of make a friend....so cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Frugal Living Swap Rd 6: Waiting on Partners!
wendiek

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013 01:59:00 PM »

Oh, Lime! It is so nice to get to know you better, even if it's only through this gallery   Smiley
I have always loved your stamping and your combination of colours and prints. So jealous of the ability!

I love it all, you even make me want to do some cabbage stamping myself!
And you also make me want to knit, yikes. I'm not so sure if I want to get to know you better than this! Hahaha!  Wink
(Just kidding, of course!!)

And this was only your first package, woohoo!

Nice work Lime!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gamemom42

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013 02:59:31 PM »

Fun package!  I adore the idea of your make a friend swap.  I just did the 4 x 6 art swap and you make what you like to send to a random person, I loved receiving something based on my mystery partner's style rather than my own.  I think I need to do a make a friend with someone someday.

I love that journal but I actually think the tote is my favorite thing in that package.  There's just something so personal in that little heart marking Limeriot's homeplace.  I love that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2013 03:06:48 PM »

I think MissingWillow and I must have received at the exact same time today! How fun is that??

I was so happy opening up this box of goodies. I can't wait to start using all of the amazing things she sent me!! I feel so spoiled and can't believe that this is just the first of 2 packages Smiley.

On with the show!!

I love MissingWillow's embellished tea towels and now I have some of my own! She collects food fabrics and did a citrus theme for me. She must know I love limes Smiley.

This is something we have in common - we both love Philosophy scents and bath and body products!! This one smells sooooo good! I also received some of her wonderful soaps in a juicy lime scent. You can tell from looking at these how rich and moisturizing they are. It's made from milk from her own goat too!!

I'm SO excited about this t-shirt from Missing Willow Farm!! I can't wait to wear it out on the town.

How cute are these pillowcases?! I'm not going to wait until xmas to use them. The fabric choices are so cute and MW's stitching is so perfect! She is a great seamstress.

Yay! Yay! Yay! I was hoping to receive some farm fresh goodies from MW's farm! Plum jelly, honey (which hubby has already used and loved) and red pepper flakes that I know from experience are HOT!! I can't wait to use all of these.

MW's collects wool sweaters that she felts and uses for crafting. She made me a little wiener dog vessel! I've already filled this with craft supplies and found a home for it on my desk.

Thank you SO much, MissingWillow! This package has made me very happy Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
StickerChic87
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2013 03:11:37 PM »

Love those tea towels and pillowcases!! Great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2013 03:16:07 PM »

Yep, I need to do a "make a friend".  I'm officially jealous (especially of those citrus tea towels).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2013 03:17:50 PM »

Yep, I need to do a "make a friend".  I'm officially jealous (especially of those citrus tea towels).

It's so much fun!! We were going to wait and do the next MAF swap together but then decided to do our own version as part of the IYP. I'm glad that MW thought of it because it's been a blast so far Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
BigBangMomma

Addicted to Amigurimi, and afghans!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2013 04:29:25 PM »

I know...I really want to do a MAF too....  that is another amazing package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Frugal Living Swap Rd 6: Waiting on Partners!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 51 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter E
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter A
What Is Graffiti Blockbuster Style
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter G
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter H
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...