A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FIESTA Birthday Party!  (Read 891 times)
Tags for this thread: fiesta , birthday  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MaxParadise
« on: January 23, 2013 06:53:29 PM »

okie dokie, so my wonderful husband is turning 33 on feb 4th and we plan on having a birthday party for him on feb 2. i know, a day before the super bowl and we were thinking of having a sunday, super bowl/birthday party but he's a chef and i'm sure his work is gonna be super busy and we're not sure what time he'll actually get out of work =/ not to mention, i'm sure our guests will have multiple SB partys to go to (most of us are niner fans, lol!)

anywho. so yes. feb 2. 33 years old. not a major milestone but my hubbs is totally deserving of a great bday party! i told him to decide on the food; do we want to get something or cook ourselves? of course being a chef himself, he decided to cook the food! and he decided on mexcian. since he decided on mexcian food and it's a birthday party we decided to have it be a fiesta themed party. we're both mexican, but any help i can get on making his party awesome would be great!

we got the food down. "street" style tacos (taco truck style? basically warmed up corn tortillas topped with some chicken or carne asada, onions and cilantro, and salsa), rice, beans, salsa verde, salsa, pico de gallo, guacamole, bean dip, PLENTY of tortilla chips. i super want to buy a pack of brown paper bags and put a handful of tortilla chips in them so guests can just grab them and munch!

first question: what's a good dessert to go with this theme? besides flan. or fried ice cream. or tres leches. while looking up ideas on craftster i saw the idea of churros. any recipes my fellow craftsters have tried? and in general it doesn't have to be a big dessert since we're having a birthday cake also.

second question: decoration ideas!! we've found some things at our local hobby lobby and party guys stores. (lol, i totally want to get little fake moustaches!) but any ideas on hand made decorations? oh! anyone have any great tuts on diy pinatas?

third question: speaking of pinata, what would be some good ADULT type items to stick in there? lol, not condoms! (yeah, my dirty mind thinks like that, lol!) we were thinking of some candy still for sure. maybe a few dollar shooters..i think we've saw some for a dollar before...basically we don't want little toys, so anything you guys can think of besides candy? if if it's something diy, i'm down for making a few of them =)

i believe that's the only questions i have. any help/tips/ideas/input would be GREATLY appreciated =) thanks everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
StampMob
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013 05:32:06 PM »

I'm planing a fiesta party for my daughter, so far for decorations I'm doing papel picado, fringed tissue paper, tissue flowers, and serapes for the tables.

For desserts you could do mexican sweet breads, dessert empenadas or burritos.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
marcusandila
Fairy Tales are Real

A TRUE LOVE Story Never Ends

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013 12:15:12 AM »

stamp mob, for your daughter... you could have ponchos & sombraros! It would totally fit into a fiesta themed party!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG
MY PINTEREST
Momma to Cade & Cas
*Personal Swap? Yeahhh!*
StampMob
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013 05:31:10 PM »

I LOVE that idea! How cute would it be to have everyone running around in ponchos and sombreros? *goes to add them to party to-do list*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
This Is What Happens When You Stop Washing Your Hair
The No-Poo Movement
Put a Twist on the Classic Milkmaid Braid
Long Hair Dad Cuts Hair After 20 Years
First Haircut in 20 Years
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...