A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,187
Currently Running With Scissors:
373 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Postable, light housewarming gift ideas please?  (Read 700 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

susie in the sky
« on: January 22, 2013 03:02:11 PM »

Do any of you, please, have any good ideas for light, postable house-y things I can send to my friend?

My best friend in the world moved to Brazil and married a handsome Brazilian boy a couple of years ago. About 6 months ago we both bought our own flats, hers in Brazil mine in Shropshire (UK), we were talking the other night and she said she felt like my flat was a lot more cosy and 'finished' than hers.  I think this is probably cos mine is full of stuff I've been hoarding since childhood, and she moved to Brazil with a suitcase of stuff.  So, I want to send her a little parcel of stuff to make her new home pretty.  She has a hippy/travelly kind of style.

I can crochet and sew and stick stuff together...I've already thought of crocheting some cushion covers (I can send them without the cushions in to make them easy to post!) and some bunting or something...but that's about all I've got....

Can you think of something genius for me to send her??

Thank you! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty, eco-y, charity shopp-y, vegan-y, happy-y blog...

http://secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk/
photojenn
Clothing Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013 04:29:01 AM »

Could you make her a throw blanket?  Or maybe some pillow covers?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013 05:21:36 AM by photojenn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

StitchWench
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013 06:00:34 AM »

I can crochet and sew and stick stuff together...I've already thought of crocheting some cushion covers

Crocheted doilies? I have them everywhere including hanging out of the fronts of draws, draped over the corners of mirrors and in the corner of our living room I have them draped over an old wooden ladder DH painted white for me. I can bring the ladder out if I need a room divider or to screen off a mess. It's so useful and I love the way it looks.

Crocheted dishcloths in the colour/s of her kitchen? I think they look terrific stored in a large mason jar on the kitchen bench (plus they clean pots and pans really well). Mine are pastels and I roll them so they form a striped pattern around the jar.

Crocheted edges? She could hand/machine sew these to squares of fabric to make fancy place mats or table centres, attach them to hand towels in the bathroom or pillow cases in the bedroom.

Crocheted tissue box covers?  We have two covers - bedroom and bathroom, but need a third for the kitchen box.

HTH
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013 06:18:48 PM »

What about a small quilted wall hanging, a placemat/napkin set, a runner, a decorated dishtowel set?  Picture frames with crocheted or embroidered mats.  Start a photoalbum for her, with some pics of old friends etc to start.  A banner or flag for her door.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Restoring the Girl with the Pearl Earring
Art Boom Or Bust?
Francis Bacon Painting Sells for Record $142 Million
Tintin Under the Hammer and More Art Stories
Vogue Weddings - Artist Happy Menocal
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...