A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,758
Currently Running With Scissors:
444 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Healthy Eats-Along 2013  (Read 10855 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2013 09:53:45 AM »

Ooh no Sad  That's no fun.

Nope.  Not at all.  I'm grain free and it sucks.  But every time I go back to some kind of grain, everything goes all belly up.  And the worst for me is when I eat grains, all I think about is food..all the time...endlessly.  If I stay completely away from grains, I can think about other things besides food.  Corn is the very worst for me.  SO best luck to you CLM.  I'm a carnivore, so I eat lots of meat, cheese, and eggs as filler when I should be eating veg. so at least you are up on eating fruits and veg.  That should help at least.  And I recently discovered coconut flour, which has made it so I can make some baked things Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm taking a brake from craftsters. 
I will finish the swaps I'm in...promise Grin
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2013 10:15:30 AM »

I've got some coconut flour at home right now, might as well see if it can be made into crackers. Dang it all, this rumbly belly buisness is no fun at all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2013 12:42:43 PM »

I've switched to low carb so I'm mostly grain free (I do have an occasional low carb flour tortilla). At least we can share recipes maybe? I made some awesome almond meal crackers the other day. I added 2 T sesame seeds and 1/2 teaspoon each onion powder and garlic powder, and sprinkled with kosher salt before baking.

http://findingradiance.com/2012/11/06/grain-free-parmesan-almond-meal-crackers/

I've found that keeping almond meal, flax seeds (I grind them fresh into meal when I want to use them), and coconut flour on hand lets me make most recipes I stumble across.

I made these brownies the other night, they were pretty good. I subbed splenda for the honey and just did a dash of cinnamon and topped with walnuts.

http://paleocookbook.com/recipes/paleo-brownie.html
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013 12:49:17 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2013 02:56:54 PM »

Some where I have a fabo grain free chocochip cookie recipe using beans...one sec..

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/recipe?id=10043764

and there it is.  I didn't use coco nibs, and I've made them and use the yellow of the egg in them too (still separate and whip the whites though.)  I've made them 7 or 8 times, and used different beans and different kinds of sugars each time.  They all ways taste good to me, though different beans make them look un appetizing perhaps Grin
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013 02:57:40 PM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm taking a brake from craftsters. 
I will finish the swaps I'm in...promise Grin
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2013 03:38:35 PM »

You guys are strong ladies! I know it must be hard to stay completely away from grains. They seem to be in everthing these days. It's great that there are a lot of alternatives though, like coconut flour.

I still eat grains but try to be pretty low carb so I'm appreciating all of this recipe sharing Smiley.

sweets turned me on to this book a while back...

http://www.amazon.com/Nutritious-Delicious-Maria-Emmerich/dp/0988512416/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_3

It's not entirely grain free but there are a lot of recipes that are. Everything I've made from it has been really yummy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2013 04:19:21 PM »

Ugg, staying away from grains would be so hard!  I'm trying to eat more healthy grains, like whole grains.  I made a chicken and rice dish that I normally make, but instead of the white rice I put in brown rice and I could hardly taste the difference.  So yay for that!  I also made some beer rolls with whole wheat flour instead of regular bread flour.  It was very hardy, almost too much so.  My hubby liked 'em though.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/delicious-chicken-casserole/

I so don't do this recipe like its told though.  I add in way more rice (at least double), I also add in some steamed broccoli and cheddar cheese, added some cheddar cheese on top and within, and also halved the broth and put in 1/2 c of white wine.  Yay substitutions!  You could also use the reduce-fat soups and sour cream for this too, and I'd doubt it would loose its flavor.  I think I also sprinkled in some garlic and onion powder.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/beer-rolls/

These rolls are so ridiculously easy if you have a bread machine.  Throw it all into the bread machine to make the dough.  Take it out, roll in a long loaf, cut, shape, rise, butter, and then bake!  This time I made with the whole wheat, which made some very crusty rolls.  I've made the regular ones before and we've loved them for mini sandwiches.  I bet these would be awesome mini-sandwiches, too!  Especially with Missing Willow's Blue Ribbon pickles!  My hubby is still working on the ones I made him.  ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2013 06:41:09 PM »

What did you guys have for dinner?

I made onion & herb chicken, cauliflower mash and asparagus spears.  Very yummy combo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2013 07:36:11 PM »

I made the butternut squash ravioli with spinach and basil pesto that is in last month's cooking light. I also roasted up some brussel sprouts and we had Skinny Cow ice cream sammies for dessert Smiley.

The ravioli's were sooo yummy but a little bit laborious for a weeknight meal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JudokaLilly
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2013 12:49:25 AM »

I'm going back on my carb cycling diet. I lost about 50 lbs in 2012, but I got lazy around November/December. No excuse! I just need to jump back into it!

Basically the diet it simple and rewarding for people (like me) who have little-to-no self control. It's a 3 day cycle that goes something like this:

Day 1: Weigh yourself. Write it down. Then, GO WILD! No, really, eat cake all day if you want to. I'm serious! (but you'll probably have a tummy ache :c)
Day 2: Have what you want, but no sweets and limit the amount of carbs (bread/rice) to about 1/2 or less of your total daily categories.
Day 3: HARD MODE! No carbs unless they come from green leafy veggies. No carrots, no beans, no rice, no bread, no pasta... This is my grumpy day Tongue

Then it repeats from day 1 again. It seems strange but it works! I was a lazy crafter and didn't really exercise at all and still lost about 50 lbs. I have Hashimotos (thyroid condition) and PCOS which causes me to be insulin resistant and retain even more weight. I am on medication for them, but before I found this diet I still couldn't do anything more than loose a couple pounds here or there and then gain them back right away >.< But this diet is great! It was developed by a body builder for cutting fat before competitions. He does it a bit more strict than I do, but this way works for me, adn it doesn't make me want to binge! Well, except for on day 1... lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2013 01:23:39 PM »

I'm sick and just want something sweet and cool to drink...I almost made a pitcher of lemonade from frozen concentrate, but I haven't had hardly any sugar in a good week and a half. I resisted and put in a packet of True Lemon and 2 splendas in my iced water, it's pretty good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Vogue Weddings - Artist Happy Menocal
Artist Uses Mouth to Paint
Art of VIBE: How & Nosm Go From Tagging Trains to 4-Story Buildings
Glen Berger Tells The Back Story of Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark
Light and Movement Digitally Added to Van Gogh Paintings
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...