A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
401 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Quilt Block Swap Round 3 (Sign Ups Closed, Send Outs April 20)  (Read 18734 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

carolmb
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

50 Projects 2014 List total 9/24

Making things, makes life happy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2013 03:23:00 AM »

blockbase is another program put out by electricquilt. It's a searchable type database of Barbara Brackman's Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns.

I like the fact you can pretty much search for any block and find a history on it. Plus you can print out the pattern for it. In different sizes and type, template, foundation, or rotary. I got it about a month ago. One of the sites I was looking at for fabric was having a software sale LOL.

I have been wanting electric quilt for a while, but the cost! As a gift well I didn't buy it
Since the two programs will work together that is even better

THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2013 05:01:07 AM »

Join join join!  Grin

On the samplers, there are a couple of fabric requests or favorite colors. I didn't put all those up.

I love it when people do distinct arrangements of light and dark on log cabins like that.

I started looking at groupings yesterday and it is looking like 4 groups. I really appreciate that so many of you said you could do an extra group if needed. Maybe I'll need to, maybe I won't. Wink I tried to keep the Canadians away from the Swede since sloth mentioned their post takes forever with Europe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2013 05:10:39 AM »

That's funny, I've never had any problems with Canada Cheesy I'm not opposing the division, I just find it interesting! Canada and US have always been quick for me, one to two weeks, New York is the best because of the shipment point there (takes like four days to get here, woot!)

My worst experience has been to and from Holland, three or more weeks every time Roll Eyes I could drive there in two days tops, including breaks and a night's rest! But I think customs are very suspicious of everything dutch Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2013 06:01:47 AM »

"They" say shipping standards to Europe are 4-6 weeks. I say "they lie" Smiley 7-9 more like it.

This round tho. I could ship to Sweden.  Hubby will be there end of the month. So.... I can send with him and he can send from inside the country. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2013 06:29:40 AM »

Wow Shocked I've gotten shipment times like that from amazon from time to time, but all swap packages have been a lot faster! I think I've had... three canadian partners? But they might all have been close to New York, I can only remember that one was from Toronto. But as I said, I don't mind the split, I'm just an information-hungry sort Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Homerof2

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2013 07:04:15 AM »

I tried to keep the Canadians away from the Swede since sloth mentioned their post takes forever with Europe.

My packages to Europe (and there have been many) usually arrive faster than the ones I send to the US.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2013 07:55:03 AM »

and once a package from here to the uk took 5 days (over a weekend) but the norm for me is FOREVER! 
first to ship last to arrive sort of forever. Sad

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
donniesgirl
« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2013 08:37:17 AM »

I have another swap with a Canadian that send to the US more than a month ago & the package is still MIA.   Cry  Well if you all wouldn't mind the grouping, I can set things up that way...It is 2 in Canada and 1 in Sweden - everyone else is US at this point.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013 08:40:20 AM by donniesgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

amnesia
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2013 07:59:52 PM »

I'm getting excited that we're starting to get closer to the end of signups -- I love the interesting block choices!  I can't wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sparkledust
« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2013 04:15:32 PM »

This looks perfect to get back into swapping and picking the quilting back up, I've learnt crocheting in the last 6 months but want to get back to my sewing.

I'll send in my questionnaire, hope you'll have me  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chocolate Sticky Buns with Chef Jehangir Mehta at Graffiti
Grecian Garden Vegetables with Chef Michael Psilakis at Anthos
Porcelet with Chef Kerry Heffernan at South Gate
Holiday Game with Chef Craig Hopson at One if by Land, Two if By Sea
Sumptuous Short Ribs and Steak with Chef Gavin Kaysen at Cafe Boulud
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...