A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,608
Currently Running With Scissors:
702 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Quilt Block Swap Round 3 (Sign Ups Closed, Send Outs April 20)  (Read 17945 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2013 03:49:42 AM »

We always get relatively "old" fabric, but as they say, if I haven't seen it... Roll Eyes When I went to the states in 2010, I saw loads of brilliant quilt fabrics I've never seen before. At the craft fair 2011, they started appearing here Cheesy Same with beads and scrapbook supplies. We're at the end of the chain!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
carolmb
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

50 Projects 2014 List total 9/24

Making things, makes life happy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2013 03:55:59 AM »

only 10 days left woohoo LOL

yes am getting excited cant wait

well and wonderment
carol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2013 05:12:51 AM »

Aw I would have figured you would get unique fabrics in Europe we don't get over here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

carolmb

50 Projects 2014 List total 9/24

Making things, makes life happy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2013 05:36:01 AM »

Melladh: see that just hit on some of those love little things tossed into the swaps.

a few little fat squares of fabric, a handful of beads, a bit of scrape booking paper. LOL just the little odds and ends things LOL
At the fabric store sale and party they had over the weekend, They had drawings. Three of it items were scrape bags LOL. yes I put my ticket in for one of them. Lovely 3 pound bag of odds and ends of bright colored fabric.

well and wonderment
carol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2013 05:53:50 AM »

Not many, especially not quilters fabrics. I guess there's a fair amount of european clothes fabric, curtains and such, but not quilting fabrics. They most likely wouldn't be able to compete - the US production is already so large, and the european market for it so small, so it's a lot cheaper to buy and ship than to produce it here.

A three pound bag sounds like a quite a haul! I love scrap bags. But I've been trying to resist them as I'm not an avid enough quilter to work through it, and it just ends up sitting somewhere in the pile of "slightly too wonky or small to use" bits. Wink

I've been warming up my patchwork skills (haven't done any in a while!) with a very failed mini tube quilt Cheesy Since I was just doing it on a whim, I decided to wing it... too early in the morning... without doing any calculations... I realized last minute that if I made the strip 1.5cm it would completely disappear with the 0.75 seam allowance on both sides, but I didn't add any diagonal seam allowance calculations for when you turn the block into a diamond shape... So part of my pattern completely vanished! But it was good wake-up action, and now I know how I want to build up the patchwork for a purse I'm going to make for my mom, and it got my brain into gear for this swap! Soo... you win some you lose some?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
donniesgirl
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2013 06:36:26 AM »

I can see that. Smiley It's usually the clothing fabric I'm drooling over. Lately it's the Ottobre childrens knits - the childrens knit selection here is abismal (especially for boys). But the euro/dollar conversion is not so great and it ends up too expensive for me to justify making for my 2 year old. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2013 07:56:15 AM »

Kids grow so quickly, I have this vague memory of one of my coworkers saying something along the lines of "I don't get why we keep buying clothes for them, they'll just out grow them in a day. They should just get moomoos. They'll be just as happy." Though over here we're big fans of the USD rate right now Cheesy AND the euro rate tbh, they've both grown weaker to the swedish crown (because I'm pretty sure the SEK hasn't increased in value, it's just everyone else dropping!) I should get around to picking up a few craft-magazine subscriptions now that it's cheap! There are no good swedish ones (well, except one), and any imported ones cost over $15.

Does anyone have a favorite quilters magazine? (or general craft magazine for that matter!)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013 08:02:41 AM by Melladh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deece in MN
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2013 07:56:46 AM »

I finally decided on a block, so I have sent in my questionnaire.
Looking forward to a new quilt. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2013 10:10:06 AM »

I put everyones blocks up on page one in case people are curious. Or in case it entices more sign ups. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2013 05:23:13 PM »

Wow, what a great selection of blocks - I can't wait to see which ones I'm going to get to make for someone else!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Steven Ujifusa on His Book A Man and His Ship
Garret Kramer Talks About Stillpower
Sherry Jones on Her Novel Four Sisters, All Queens
Beach House Memories Book Trailer
Michelle Harrison on Her New Book Unrest
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...