A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,708
Currently Running With Scissors:
680 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Quilt Block Swap Round 3 (Sign Ups Closed, Send Outs April 20)  (Read 18110 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amnesia
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2013 10:51:35 PM »

Just checking in for the week... signups seem to last forever and I'm so terrible at waiting!  ...I've already forgotten which pattern I finally decided on after I narrowed it down to the last few...(eek!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
twisted5whispers
Knit knit knit

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2013 11:36:57 PM »

Not going to be able to sign up for this awesome swap. Got some pretty bad health news for my DH last week. Please keep him in your thoughts fellow craftsters. It's going to be a long battle if it turns out to be cancer as they predict  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in doing personal swaps! I can knit, crochet and sew. Smiley
carolmb
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

50 Projects 2014 List total 9/24

Making things, makes life happy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2013 02:22:27 AM »

checking in for the week,

so far continue to work on finishing my quilt from the last round

twisted5whispers: will keep you and your family in my thoughts, sending good energy your way for whatever the path of life throws at you and yours to give your strength, courage, and the powers to to see it through might the coming news be better then you are thinking.

Am hoping to do a sample of the two blocks I have picked for this swap to post would like see if there are any problems with the instructions before asking others to try making them, will keep you all updates.

well and wonderment
carol

THIS ROCKS   Logged

danynn
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2013 08:59:48 AM »

Half of me wishes that this swap would hurry up and start, but the other half of me is happy that it isn't starting yet because I've got two other swaps to finish before this one starts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2013 12:17:28 PM »

That textured quilt is so amazing donniesgirl, and your color scheme sounds beautiful. You are going to have such a gorgeous quilt.

I'm going to have to try and talk my husband into letting me do this one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
donniesgirl
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2013 07:51:43 PM »

Join join join!   Grin

I started one of my textured squares myself and actually did find a typo, so I think practicing isn't such a bad idea.  Wink  Although right now, I am making clothes for my son.  Just finished up an Oliver + s top and now I'm going to try my first Ottobre pattern (jeans).  I am in love with this magazine!  I just wish the Euro/US Dollar conversion didn't suck so bad!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2013 11:58:20 PM »

I have two items to bring up Cheesy The first is: I assume there's a rule to pre-wash fabrics? I'm not picky with whether people wash their fabrics first, but when you mix from different senders, you could end up with washed and non-washed in a mix. (I prefer not to wash them because I'm lazy, but I do when I'm going to be giving them away)

Secondly - anyone have a particular favorite sewing machine? I'm going to change mine soon, because it's not rounded enough. It's excellent for making quilt blocks, but you can't sew jeans, or anything remotely thick imo.. If I had the space, I'd want a serger, an Aurora 440QE for the free motion speed sensor, and probably a janome easy jeans because I've seen nothing to suggest the aurora is as strong as the janome one. (I don't think I'll ever have the space for a long arm quilting machine!) In swedish listings they'll often mention that the Easy Jeans is strong enough for "boat cover fabrics", which is sort of our heaviest measure... Cheesy
What's your opinion? Any favorites? Any extra insight into the ones I mentioned? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2013 06:20:21 AM »

I have a janome. And i LOVE it.  It isn't the easy jeans model but I have sewn jeans with it no worries.

As to the fabric question.  I never thought of it. But my stash is all mostly unwashed... And i like the crinkly shrinky look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2013 07:17:15 AM »

Hmm. I never pre-wash my fabrics. Mostly because I'm lazy and also because I sometimes use charm packs and you can't wash those. Maybe once people are sorted into groups the people in the group can all decide together whether they will pre-wash or not.

I'm still not sure if I will join or not, but if I do I think this is the block I want to try: Antique Tile Block.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2013 08:58:12 AM »

If no one cares about washing that'll certainly make life easier Cheesy and I love that antique block! I get a sort of Persian inlay vibe from it. (is that the word, inlay? This had seriously been the most tiresome workday ever and I'm writing while on the train!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fix Mascara Smudges
How to Do a Kitty Cat Manicure
Five Tips To Make Lash Strips Look Real
Beauty to Be Thankful For
The 5 Best Beauty Tools to Gift This Year
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...