A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,723
Currently Running With Scissors:
723 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Quilt Block Swap Round 3 (Sign Ups Closed, Send Outs April 20)  (Read 18139 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

donniesgirl
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2013 10:14:28 AM »

Wow, you people are so organized. I'm just going to start cutting, no other planning added Cheesy But then again, I'm a computer-always-on-and-never-more-than-two-yards-away sort of person... so I've got the entire world of info right here.

Well, I have a two year old so I only get a few minutes here and there to work on it.  Sort a few fabrics here...Cut a square there...It might take me three or four days to get a set of three blocks done.   Grin 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2013 11:25:36 AM »

Well, I have a two year old so I only get a few minutes here and there to work on it.  Sort a few fabrics here...Cut a square there...It might take me three or four days to get a set of three blocks done.   Grin 

I get this wonderful image in my head of a fast turn to the craft table to quickly roll the cutter across the fabric, and then it's back to parenting Cheesy

I bought a ton of fabric today! Because who can wait until you actually have money... >_> But I'm in a bit of a pickle, because I bought this fabric that I really fell in love with that I feel would go very nicely with your (donniesgirl's) textured blocks... but... It's too yellow to count as white, and too white to seem yellow next to proper yellows! I probably won't use it. But it IS very pretty.

I also bought some white on white fabrics, but in my home light rather than the cold store light they're looking very clearly cream... so I think I'll have to look harder for a plain white. They do sell plain whites, but they're swedish style plain whites, which means a LOT more sturdy than quilt fabrics, and they might not behave as well as I'd like...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
carolmb
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

50 Projects 2014 List total 9/24

Making things, makes life happy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2013 01:49:52 PM »

Wow, you people are so organized. I'm just going to start cutting, no other planning added Cheesy But then again, I'm a computer-always-on-and-never-more-than-two-yards-away sort of person... so I've got the entire world of info right here.

I have two teens! So it's never stop around here!!! If I am not working, I am doing something with whatever it is they are into this week!

But I do manage time here and there to stop, close my craft room door and tune out the word "Mom"

well and wonderment
carol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2013 04:47:38 PM »

I posted my first block in the gallery - look but don't comment because there are still two galleries that need to be opened before we start chatting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princesspimp81
« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2013 05:52:26 PM »

Got white fabric and a few fat quarters today so I think I have everything I need!  I have my zippy bags labeled and ready to go, will be getting started on my blocks tonight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you
Make a little birdhouse in your soul"

My Wist
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2013 11:37:58 PM »

I posted my first block in the gallery - look but don't comment because there are still two galleries that need to be opened before we start chatting.

Great block!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
carolmb

50 Projects 2014 List total 9/24

Making things, makes life happy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2013 06:21:15 AM »

Well I got the quilt from round two done, and started working on my blocks, It don't come out to size, but I know why. So no problem LOL

well and wonderment
carol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deece in MN
« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2013 06:59:14 AM »

I have a question about the gallery:
Do we post the blocks we make for others as we finish them? or Do we post the blocks others make for us as we receive them?
Sorry if this is stated somewhere and I missed it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #138 on: February 24, 2013 07:06:47 AM »

Do we post the blocks we make for others as we finish them? or Do we post the blocks others make for us as we receive them?

We post the blocks we make for other as we finish them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deece in MN
« Reply #139 on: February 24, 2013 07:13:05 AM »

We post the blocks we make for other as we finish them.

Ok, thanks! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Winter Boots!
3 Red Carpet Looks for Less
Check Out the Sexiest After-Party Gowns from the Golden Globes
Tips For Shopping Like a Pro
Johnny Wujek Shares His Prom Style Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...