A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
618 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clowns are creepy (featuring more turkey stitch than I anticipated)  (Read 6969 times)
Tags for this thread: clown , embroidered , evil , featured_project , craftster_best_of_2013  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stillatthetop
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2014 02:24:21 PM »

I've been doing embroidery pieces of horror movie stuff for a while and a while ago, I did a small portrait of Pennywise from Stephen King's "It" in a 4" frame, but I always thought I needed to do a bigger and creepier version (not that that freaking clown can get any creepier). Turns out that bigger also meant way more turkey stitch than I originally thought (this hairstyle took two full skeins of floss - every time I do something in turkey stitch, I hate how long it takes, but then I love to be able to pet it when it's done)

Wonderful. I love Pennywise! And I was just wondering today what that stitch is called. I did a fluffy bumble bee with it. Years ago. And still have it! I will be shareing my hoopla-s soon. And I am back into planning them for my "off" times of being able to stitch. I have some from back when I was just a kid.

I found a neat piece of junk mail today. If I trace it and steal the outlines, and embroider it. {Wonderful Swirly Tree} is that stealing? I really love the aspect of the design. I will change it up a bit, it is my "Tree of Life" Hoopla.
I always wonder what crosses the line from inspiration to theft. But this tree is really neat, and perfectly fits a 6" hoop. I will add beads and other words for it. PM if you wish to share thoughts on this subject. I always feel guilty when I copy.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2014 05:52:38 PM »

The rules about that state that so long as the piece is changed a small percentage it is not "stealing" or even copying. You can look up the technical details but changing the medium makes you pretty safe I'd say. Obviously not for something recognizable like a disney character or a brand logo but other than that... go for it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Homemade Solutions for Stretch Marks That Works
Timing Is Everything: Make the Most of Beauty Products
Deep Smokey Eye Makeup at the Nicole Miller FW 2014 Show
How to Clean Makeup Brushes
Redbook Magazine’s Beauty Epiphanies
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...