A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,736
Currently Running With Scissors:
626 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Rd. 8 (Signups 1/18-2/14; sendouts 3/20)  (Read 49857 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Nolansmomster
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yes. I am THAT mom.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #270 on: February 22, 2013 09:01:12 PM »

Current job: graphic design at a newspaper...been here 6 years. I call it the sinking ship

My husband was also in the newspaper business before he left to stay home with our son...he uses the same phrase any time he talks about the paper!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ryn
Aim To Misbehave

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 22, 2013 10:13:28 PM »

Music: I have a very eclectic music taste. Right now some of my favourites are Ellie Goulding, Florence and the Machine, Macklemore, Imagine Dragons, Kimbra, Fleetwood Mac, I:Scintilla and Mute Math.

Jobs: I would say mostly I'm a student, but I have had several jobs. I worked at a library as a Page for a couple years through high school. I worked for my provincial government elections for quite a few elections. I worked in an ABM processing centre (I do not suggest this job). I also worked as a dishwasher for one summer and a teaching assistant for another summer, and for the past 5 years I've been a research assistant to a professor at the university I attend.

My favourite by far has been being a research assistant. Although being a library page is the best job I could imagine having while in high school.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

P_E_S_T

Toes wrapped in wool, fingers wrapped in clay

Hanging out in the woods

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #272 on: February 22, 2013 10:52:55 PM »

So my favourite music - ooooo gosh, Im so varied. Basically I love anything that dances hand in hand with my feelings. If Im a tad rageful against the world i will shout alongside Marylyn Manson. If Im all deep and meaningful I listen to a band called Daughter - or my latest swoon Tom Odell. But If Im seated next to My djembe drum Ive got to put on some african beats and Im away with the fairies Smiley

Jobs. Well,........... Ive had a few ! Due to leaving home at 15 (Another story another time) I fought my way off the streets by working whereever I could. I already had a great deal of silver service experience (posh waitressing) so I mainly worked in hotels where I could also get board. When the waitressing dried up, the chefs took me on board and I was the kitchen skivvy turned sous chef for a while. That I have to say was great fun and I LOVE LOVE LOVE cooking now.
I worked for company that sold exclusive golfing holidays for a while, and became the sales manager so used to be in Spain 50% of the year checking out accommodation and taking my staff out on reccy trips. It was goof, and help my hand from early 20;s into adult working life - but the boss was a complete arse and I was sacked after having my lip pierced due to "breaking the bosses heart" - he actually said that on legal paper work !!!!!
In the final years of my holiday company life, I had been part time studying basic counselling skills and to be honest, just found my roots.
I have now been working as a psychotherapist for 10 years and love it. I work with a huge variety of people from children all the way through to elders and I am amazed by human kind at large. It is an extremely humbling job - human beings trusting me with their most inner vulnerabilities teaching me daily who I am as much as who they are.
I shall offer up my most favouriate working moments as opposed to jobs - as thats too obvious  !
1)breaking the work postal scales by weighing my boobs on them
2)Discovering someones "Im leaving this company" letter written in lipstick on loo roll stuck to my villa door
3)Losing a client in the middle of the woods after an ending ceremony for 3 hours
4)glueing 5 teenagers fingers to plastic masks using the wrong glue during an "Acceptance of self" workshop

Oh theres so many more Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/kaydensmumm/

LATEST project - I'm compiling a "handed down" recipes boom and so if I get you in a swap, would you be so kind to find a recipe from your childhood. type it up - if you want to decorate, then please do :

There was a woman who felted
And felted all day long
mandykaye
« Reply #273 on: February 23, 2013 09:40:41 AM »

What's your favorite song and musician and kind of music?
Hmmm...currently my favorite songs are "Stubborn Love" or "Hey Ho" by The Lumineers and "Bloody Mary" by Silversun Pickups
I currently listen to a lot of modern or alternative indie rock. I do like some 90's alternative rock, 80's new wave pop and hair bands, 70's folksy stuff and classic rock. I also occasionally listen to Yanni and other instrumental type stuff Smiley
Favorite musicians include of course The Lumineers, Silversun Pickups, Muse, We Were Promised Jetpacks, Kings of Leon, Manchester Orchestra, Foo Fighters, Goo Goo Dolls, Pearl Jam, Tom Petty, Def Leppard, REO Speedwagon, Fleetwood Mac and many others!

What kinds of jobs have you had and what was your favorite?
I started out babysitting
then waitressing at a Moose Lodge lol
then dishwashing and cook at a bar and grill
then cashier, stockperson, donut maker, deli manager at a small grocery store
worked at a pontoon manufacturing company putting furnature together
then worked at a pizzaria and managed that for a few years
went back to making donuts for awhile
now work at a factory that molds plastic components for cars (like the pieces around your consoles, dashboards, and lights)

In my 20+ years of working, I like my current job best I suppose...none are really my favorite lol..still haven't decided what to be when I grow up lol! I would like to go back to college for alternative energy...maybe Wink

I want my stalker to know that I am really easy to craft for! Don't overthink it if you aren't sure of what to do....I am open to your "version" or interpretation of the things on my Pinterest! There is a lot there to go with so as long as you get the general idea of what I like (rustic, folksy, whimsical) it should be pretty easy! Things I don't really care for....cutesy, retro, modern, monochromatic, floral patterns. I hope this helps if you are still stalking and looking for inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: February 23, 2013 10:04:24 AM »

another couple questions.

what is your favourite fruit?

what is your favourite vegetable?

i love me a perfect super hard pear. and i will never say no to asparagus. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
1watermonkey
« Reply #275 on: February 23, 2013 12:03:40 PM »

What's your favorite song and musician and kind of music?

Like alot of people here, I have eclectic taste. I love a bit of everything from classic rock, to older country music, folk, pop, 80's music in general, and some current stuff too. Some of my favorite musicians/bands are Jonathan Coulton (who does really fun geek music), Queen, Elton John, The Cranberries, Billy Joel, The Beatles, Neil Young, The Killers, Fleetwood Mac, and Mumford and Sons. I also love musicals and often have the soundtracks from them playing, favorites are Dr. Horrible, Les Mis, Wicked, Oklahoma, and the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I've worked at a petting zoo, fast food restaurants, and two different offices that handle shipping/maillings for various companies. Favorite was definitely the petting zoo. Wink

I am currently a stay at home mom to a four year old boy and it definitely keeps me busy but I love all the time I get to spend with him and am going to be sad when he starts school this fall. I also do some selling on Etsy which I guess would be like a part time job and am always working on my current writing project, the dream is of course to be an actual published author one day. Smiley

what is your favourite fruit?

Cantaloupe and Apples.

what is your favourite vegetable?

Carrots
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: February 23, 2013 02:02:51 PM »

Fruit would be watermelon
Vegetable would be corn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ale0059
Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. -Unknown

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: February 23, 2013 05:16:33 PM »

I got the large portion of the package finished. I need to wittle down my ideas for the medium and small items... I think my person is going to love what I've done, they asked specifically for what I got them.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves personal swaps! Smiley
Nolansmomster

Yes. I am THAT mom.

« Reply #278 on: February 23, 2013 05:20:10 PM »

My favorite fruit would have to be blueberries (though local cranberries and honeycrisp apples are hard to resist when they are in season).

For favorite veggie, I have to go with good old broccoli.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smileyyogini

Yarn Junkee

« Reply #279 on: February 23, 2013 06:58:34 PM »

What's your favorite song and musician and kind of music? My favorite ever is Depeche Mode. But I will listen to anything. It really depends on my mood. I love Godsmack, Insane Clown Posse, Stevie Nicks, Metallica, Slipknot, Social Distortion...Im just all over the place. But Depeche Mode has been my favorite since I was 12.

From the  begining of time to current...
Telemarketer
cashier
Administrative Assistant
Order Desk Operator
Realtor
Personal Trainer

I think I like personal trainer best...its well suited to my demanding and evil side. Wink
Now I stay home with my toddler and homeschool my teen. Its really weird to not have an out of the home kinda job. Makes me ansty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smiles,
Melody

www.MelodyCrochet.c om
http://www.ravelry.com/people/Smileyyogini
http://pinterest.com/smileyyogini

Shipping Hoopla "Words"
Crafting/Co-Organizing Anime Swap
Waiting for Partners on Video Game Swap
Stalking Another TM Swap

I LOVE PERSONAL SWAPS!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best Acne Treatment Products
The Newest Urban Decay Naked Palette Review
5 Glamorous Holiday Makeup Looks
Beauty Gadgets Perfect For Holiday Gifts
How To Get a Classic Holiday Makeup Look
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...