A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
771 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Rd. 8 (Signups 1/18-2/14; sendouts 3/20)  (Read 52275 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

1watermonkey
« Reply #190 on: February 16, 2013 07:06:51 PM »

i have been asked to ask this on behalf of someone.

"If your partner is unsure of her ability to craft well, one of your top five items, would you be happy with a wist/Pinterest item and/or an item for a family member (if one was mentioned).

Absolutely! My top items are just some of the things I would like, I would be very happy with something else from my pinterest! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandykaye
« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2013 07:15:33 PM »

"If your partner is unsure of her ability to craft well, one of your top five items, would you be happy with a wist/Pinterest item and/or an item for a family member (if one was mentioned).”

my answer is ... of course,  thats what my pinterest is for!

I would be very happy with anything Pinterest/wist inspired! I always feel under pressure when making a list of specific "wants" and never truely know what to write because I am pretty easy to please as long as it fits my general style LOL!

I love my recipient BTW! I already have the wheels a turnin' for ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

deathbeforedishes
Embroidery Addict

She believed she could, so she did.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #192 on: February 16, 2013 08:22:18 PM »

Yay for getting our recipients! Cheesy

To answer the posted question... I would love something pinterest inspired.

I really like my person. I was so nervous I would get someone who had wishes beyond my capabilities, so I was relieved to read her list and know I could make some of her wishes for her. Phew!

My daughter's 7th birthday is today, so I didn't have a lot of time to stalk yet.  But I will have plenty of time this next week to settle on plans and get started!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/leilaninaomi/

5/50 2014 Projects
53/50 2013 Projects (woohoo!!!)
I do personal swaps!
Cheesy
Toralune
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: February 16, 2013 08:30:57 PM »

"If your partner is unsure of her ability to craft well, one of your top five items, would you be happy with a wist/Pinterest item and/or an item for a family member (if one was mentioned).

Absolutely. I just put down the stuff I could think of that I'd like, but like everyone else, feel free to get ideas off my Pinterest that aren't on the top 5. I know I've got several things on there that aren't anywhere on my questionnaire and I'm always adding stuff, so I'd honestly be happy with anything you think I'd like.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Whistley

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #194 on: February 16, 2013 08:32:27 PM »

Yes for me too. My "wishlist" isn't a "make me only this" list. I'm happy with whatever my partner is inspired to make. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
Eiseldora
« Reply #195 on: February 16, 2013 08:32:37 PM »

I thought this was already asked Cheesy

But for me the answer is a bit more tricky. I use Pinterest for work so it depends on which board its from. Boards listed as DIY, Home Decor, Personal or Swap are primarily the ones to get inspiration from. However there are a few boards with ideas of things to make my husband or niece that aren't really something I'd like made for me. In general I try to put things for partners listed under either the DIY - Things that Look Cool Board or under one of the specific Swap boards.

Oh and in general the more Pins on the board mean the less comfortable I am with that skill Cheesy For example I have over 200 pins under cleaning and sewing because I'm so horrible at it. Knitting, Stenciling, and Cooking have far fewer in comparison.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Toralune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: February 16, 2013 08:46:18 PM »

But for me the answer is a bit more tricky. I use Pinterest for work so it depends on which board its from. Boards listed as DIY, Home Decor, Personal or Swap are primarily the ones to get inspiration from. However there are a few boards with ideas of things to make my husband or niece that aren't really something I'd like made for me. In general I try to put things for partners listed under either the DIY - Things that Look Cool Board or under one of the specific Swap boards.

Ah good point, as I'm the same (quite a few boards are inspiration for specific design projects and have nothing to do with what I actually like). I think I mentioned that in my questionnaire, but pretty much ignore the boards that are "___ Inspiration," "___ Ideas" or something similar. Otherwise I don't really care if my partner goes outside those boards, as most hopefully at least give an idea of what I tend to like, and of course random crafts based on those sorts of likes would be just as loved as something directly off my list. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
J_Kieviet

« Reply #197 on: February 16, 2013 10:55:43 PM »

My answer is yes as well, to be honest - I can't even remember what I listed as my top 5:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
p.kok
« Reply #198 on: February 17, 2013 02:18:33 AM »

My answer is also a yes. I just went back and read my top 5 wishes and realized I might write 4 different ones today Cheesy so pinterest is probably the best way to get inspired for me:D

also, stalking is so much fun. It's just hard to remeber to not repin 500 of your recipients pins so she won't suspect anything Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #199 on: February 17, 2013 02:54:01 AM »

for me, I am happy with something pinterest inspired, but I do have specific boards for craft swaps, a lot of the others are for inspiration...

I am SOOO happy with my partner, but then I did ask for this person as she is very cool and she is eminently craftable-for.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Repair Damaged Hair Strands
How to Avoid Dry Hair
How to Grow Long, Healthy Hair
7 Fresh Ways to Style a Ponytail
Sleeping Beauty: How to Get Glam Waves While You Snooze
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...