A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,532
Currently Running With Scissors:
330 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Rd. 8 (Signups 1/18-2/14; sendouts 3/20)  (Read 52178 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2013 05:12:11 PM »

This sounds so fun! I'm in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Smeddley

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2013 05:22:30 PM »

Waffling... I said I was going to take a swap break, but this is tempting.  I suppose I have to decide quickly!

Hmmmm....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2013 05:26:38 PM »

I'm really hoping one of my swaps gets recieved tomorrow!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2013 05:47:22 PM »

Don't forget that it's a Craftster rule that everyone must post at least once a week in the swap thread.  Our weeks are running Sunday - Saturday.  If you are warned about not posting several times before partners are given out, you may be removed from the swap.

What? I'm aware of certain organizers requiring this (which I totally get if I sign up for, try to shut me up) but it's not really a Craftster rule?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
kwality570

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2013 06:21:03 PM »

I finally figured out my top 5, so I'm in!

1. Would you be okay with a set of smaller items in place of one large item? Yes, I think I would prefer that, acutally.
2. Would it be okay to send a specific(expensive)crafting kit as a large item? I would be, but I don't know what I'd like for a kit.
3. What kind of music do you prefer? I'm into alternative rock music.
4. Are you a planner or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants gal? I totally fly by the seat of my pants. Planning is not my thing.
5. Do you have any favorite quotes? Not really.
6. If you could be world famous for one thing, what would you like it to be? I've love to be a famous artist.
7. What are you currently reading? I'm currently reading three different teenager trilogies. The Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy is amazing so far. If you haven't read it, you should.
8. What makes you laugh on TV? Pretty much anything.  I'm a fan of all types of humor. 
9. What kind of games do you like and is there an image from a game you are particularly fond of? I'm fond of games of all types.  I love board games, video games, and card games.  There is no image I'm particularly fond of.
10. What are your preferred letters and font for monograms? LMV.  A fun font would be good.  Comic Sans and Papyrus aren't good, though.
11. Are you an only child? I have an older sister who is Autistic, so I'm kind of an only child.
12. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon? Watching TV on the sofa with the dog and the boyfriend.  Smiley
13. Do you enjoy edibile treats as extras? If so; sweet, salty, spicy? I'm actually trying to lose some weight right now, so no. Bummer, though.  I do love treats. Smiley
14. Any piercings? Tattoos? Wierd hairstyles? I only have my ears pierced.  No tattoos or weird hairstyles.
15. Are you a sports fan? If so, what? Also, what teams, individuals? No sports interest me.
16. What would you say your style is? eclectic?
17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat? I'm always cold.
18. Is it too late in the season to send outerwear? Never too late. Smiley
19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why? I'm a present thinker.  I do whatever comes to me at the moment at most times.
20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be? I would love to travel to Washington State or to Italy.  I love the cultures and art there.
21. What did you want to be whe n you grew up? Could you see yourself doing that now? I had to decide in high school what I wanted to do when I grew up and I said I wanted to work somewhere with a water cooler that I could wear pant suits.  I'm happy to say that I've arrived!  There's a water cooler at my work, but I don't have to wear pant suits, thank goodness!
22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? Any favorite movies? Would you enjoy crafts inspired by them? I love comedies mostly, but don't think I need anything crafted for them.
23. Would you be disappointed or happy to recieve a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft? Not at all as long as it's created with love. Smiley
24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name? I have no idea, I don't really wear too much jewelry.
25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist? My pinterest.  Smiley
26. What are your favorite non-edible things to recieve if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras? I love stationery products of all kinds.
27. Do you like practical only items that have a function? Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty? I'm okay with a mix.
28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large? Yes. For sure.
29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer?
Kitchen: Reds
Living room: Bright, saturated colors of any kind
Craft room: There's no rhyme or reason there.
Bedroom: blue
30. What kind of soaps do you like? Do you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing? I would like any type of soap
31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing? I'd rather not have something that wouldnt fit.
32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik? I love batiks, Tie Dye isn't that great.
33. Do you drink tea or coffee? Any fav. types/flavours? I dont' really drink either.
34. Scrappy or matchy matchy? Either!
35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff? I would like that as long as it isn't stained or isn't made of Jean material. 
36. How do you go about swap research? Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? How far will you look into your partner? Do you pour over blogs/threads etc? I'll look at blogs and threads and then make lots of mental notes.
37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be? Eclectic, Bright, Hodge Podge
38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? I don't want to offend anyone, but I found an awesome saying that goes with my partner's likes. I'm sure it would be good. 
39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you? I can stuff, but it might be a long time before I get it done. 
40. If you were to receive something in a frame, any preferences about the frame? Fun colored, plastic, or silver, please.
41. Do you like beachy things? like shells and stuff? Not really.  I don't NOT like them, I just don't have any fondness for them.
42. How do you feel about dinosaurs? They're amazing!
43. If I were to make you something that you'd specified you wanted, and did it to the best of my ability - but to do it I had to learn a new craft - so it's not as good as an expert could do it - would you like it - or would you prefer me not to bother?
Whatever makes you happy.  As long as care and love go into it, I'll be happy.
44.How do you feel about clothes or other things made of patchwork (collection of different color fabrics)?  Is one solid piece of fabric better? Patchwork is good.  Solid is good.  I'm not picky.
45.When thinking of a reveal, do you want a scavenger hunt type thing?  Or is it cool if I just put little post its all over your parcel? Either. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ryn
Aim To Misbehave

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 14, 2013 04:12:29 AM »

Last day for sign ups! (unless for some reason our organizer changes it) That means partners so soon! I'm excited.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kansas96
« Reply #146 on: February 14, 2013 06:33:42 AM »

Can't wait to find out who my swap partner is!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tamalama
« Reply #147 on: February 14, 2013 07:12:30 AM »

Looking forward to partners!!!  Can't wait to find out who I'm stalking  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist: http://www.wists.com/tamalama

I love personal swaps, pm if interested!
Nolansmomster

Yes. I am THAT mom.

« Reply #148 on: February 14, 2013 08:31:20 AM »

It'll be nice to narrow down the stalking!  Though y'all have some awesome stuff on Pinterest, so I'm still following you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MaxParadise
« Reply #149 on: February 14, 2013 12:37:08 PM »

i can't wait to find out who my partner is either! i'm getting more and more excited the closer it gets  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Nonsurgical Ways to Boost Your Booty
2013 Emmys Fashion Predictions Revealed
Cara Delevingne Models Topshop For London Fashion Week
New York Fashion Week Spring 2014 Highlights: Sporty Trends
NYFW Spring 2014: How Top Models Party Post-Fashion Week
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...