A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,204
Currently Running With Scissors:
420 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Rd. 8 (Signups 1/18-2/14; sendouts 3/20)  (Read 51414 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Nolansmomster
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yes. I am THAT mom.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: February 10, 2013 03:25:50 PM »

Woot! I am in! Consider yourselves stalked, people!

Detectives swap

1.   Would you be okay with a set of smaller items in place of one large item? Sure thing
2. Would it be okay to send a specific(expensive)crafting kit as a large item? Sure
3. What kind of music do you prefer? Lots of things Lately Ive been listening to a lot of Mumford and Sons/ Glen Hansgaard/ The Civil Wars/ Folksy rock kinds of things  My son loves bluegrass and country, I love Jazz, classical, 80s/90s pop, funk, disco And my favorite is probably Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers.
4. Are you a planner or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants gal? I plan in my head for so long that I end up flying by the seat of my pants
5. Do you have any favorite quotes? Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you. Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers or
I know of nobody who is purely autistic, or purely neurotypical. Even God has some autistic moments, which is why the planets spin.
― Jerry Newport
6. If you could be world famous for one thing, what would you like it to be? I would love to be a humorist Or a writer/ lecturer.
7. What are you currently reading? Usually bedtime stories to the boy We love Pete the Cat, the Pigeon books, Splat the Cat, anything Eric Carle or Sandra Boynton, lots of classics I love kids booksespecially the artwork!  Otherwise Im usually reading a memoir or something autism-related.
8. What makes you laugh on TV? Fart Jokes (yes Im easily amused), shows that make fun of themselves, things that are random/ out of the blue, kid shows with jokes that only the grown-ups get
9. What kind of games do you like and is there an image from a game you are particularly fond of? Not much of a gamer But I like to reminisce over the days of Atari and the original Nintendo system games
10. What are your preferred letters and font for monograms? C or B or I usually use our last name since its short and the font usually depends on the context to me...
11. Are you an only child? Nopeyoungest of 4 girls
12. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon? With my sonmaybe shopping, going for a drive or just having Mom and kid date time
13. Do you enjoy edibile treats as extras? If so; sweet, salty, spicy? Sweet, Salty or both
14. Any piercings? Tattoos? Wierd hairstyles? Just one set of earrings Some day I will get some puzzle pieces tattooed, though.
15. Are you a sports fan? If so, what? Also, what teams, individuals? My husband is a huge sports fan, so I have some boyfriends who are Milwaukee Brewers (like Ryan Braun, Jeremy Lucroy and Nyjer Morgan to name a few) but for the most part I don't pay much attention.
16. What would you say your style is? Pretty laid-back  I love things that are pretty but not fussy (kind of shabby chic maybe?), and in terms of clothing I tend to do a lot of basics that I can just mix and match. I also love projects that are recycled or rescued from a thrift shop.
17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat? Im usually roasting. Or frozen. It depends on the day Layers are good.
18. Is it too late in the season to send outerwear? Never.
19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why? A little of eachits important to remember our past, learn from it and treasure it I try to plan for the future, but a lot of days I have to focus on just surviving the right now.
20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be? I would stay living right where I amits a beautiful part of the country in the Upper Mississippi River Valley on the border between Minnesota and Wisconsin I would love to see more things than I can listPacific Coast Highway, Route 66, Vegas, Europe, Japan, Australia
21. What did you want to be when you grew up? Could you see yourself doing that now? I wanted to be a rollerskating nurseit seemed logical at the time.  I dont think the insurance companies would be okay with it After that, I wanted to teach music.  I would love to do that, but I don't see myself going back to college any time soon.
22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? Any favorite movies? Would you enjoy crafts inspired by them? I tend to like funny movies  The Jerk is an all-time favorite, Despicable Me is a newer favorite (its just so darned cuteI love Agnes and the Minions and Gru with the puppet books), Monty Python and anything Pixar are always good, too.
23. Would you be disappointed or happy to recieve a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft? I would be happy with whatever you think suits me!
24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name? Im good with whateveras long as it is sturdy enough to be Nolan-proof. Cords are a better bet than chain.
25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist? Probably Pinterest, but maybe not by too much.
26. What are your favorite non-edible things to recieve if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras? I love fun office supplies like note pads and clippies and whatnot or of course supplies like yarn, buttons, fat quarters...
27. Do you like practical only items that have a function? Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty? I prefer functional items, but I do love pretty thingsespecially if they are intended for the wall.  Otherwise I have to get a little creative with their placement to avoid breakage
28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large? Absolutely.
29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer?
Kitchen: The walls are orange and cupboards are dark brown I accent with black and white or aqua/ robins egg blue  Living room: Pretty neutral- wood floors with earthy tones  Craft room: Thats a leftover mish-mash of a room BedroomNolans bedroom is blue and primary colors and ours is a super-dark blue with browns and lighter blues
30. What kind of soaps do you like? Do you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing? All of the above, but Im not a huge fan of musky scents
31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing? Im happy with things that fit bigthey can always be altered if needed!
32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik? I like Batikstie-dye I can take or leave
33. Do you drink tea or coffee? Any fav. types/flavours? Yes. Please. All day long I prefer coffee though I do love a nice black tea  I usually just do a little raw sugar or honey in either,but anything coconut or maple is always good in coffee.
34. Scrappy or matchy matchy? Scrappy... but coordinated.
35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff? Yes, please.
36. How do you go about swap research? Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? How far will you look into your partner? Do you pour over blogs/threads etc? Consider yourself highly stalked I get the best mental image I can about who you are and what you enjoy and go from there I scribble notes and lists and sad little sketches until I finally decide what to get started on.
37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be? Casual, goofy, colorful
38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? I don't want to offend anyone, but I found an awesome saying that goes with my partner's likes. Bring on the innuendo!  Just remember that while my 7-year-old may be non-verbal, he is a reader!
39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you? Save yourself the postage! I can stuff it!
40. If you were to receive something in a frame, any preferences about the frame? Not really
41. Do you like beachy things? like shells and stuff? Not so much
42. How do you feel about dinosaurs? I dig em! T Rex cracks me up
43. If I were to make you something that you'd specified you wanted, and did it to the best of my ability - but to do it I had to learn a new craft - so it's not as good as an expert could do it - would you like it - or would you prefer me not to bother? If you are comfortable with it, I am comfortable with itjust remember this is supposed to be fun and not stressful!  If you want to learn something new, bring it on!!!
44.How do you feel about clothes or other things made of patchwork (collection of different color fabrics)?  Is one solid piece of fabric better?  Um, yes? Both?
45.When thinking of a reveal, do you want a scavenger hunt type thing?  Or is it cool if I just put little post its all over your parcel? Whatever works for you is fine with me...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

« Reply #121 on: February 10, 2013 03:30:23 PM »

Ugh, I am so backand forth on this one! I filled out the survey once and then DELETED it. But I started it again because I really want to play.  Huh What to do, what to do...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordpress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 10, 2013 03:32:57 PM »

stellato_escuro...you want to play!  Send in your questionnaire!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

« Reply #123 on: February 10, 2013 08:19:27 PM »

stellato_escuro...you want to play!  Send in your questionnaire!   Grin

Hhhmmmmm....you make a compelling argument. I think I will finish it off and send it in tomorrow. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordpress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
ale0059
Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. -Unknown

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: February 11, 2013 09:03:38 AM »

I am getting really stoaked about this swap, but I am holding off stalking until I know my person. I am afraid I will want to make stuff for everyone Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves personal swaps! Smiley
MaxParadise
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2013 12:48:09 PM »

still looking around at peoples' pintrests/wists, by i'm trying not to dive too deep into them so that i'm still suprised when we receive partners, lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2013 01:35:53 PM »

I haven't been stalking anyone...I'd rather be surprised when we get partners...THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Whooo-hoooo!  (And this week is a pay week, too!)  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
Whistley

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2013 03:35:20 PM »

I'm here! I've been browsing ...not so much stalking... but once I get a stalkee it's game on! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
Eiseldora
« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2013 10:05:10 PM »

I reorganized my pinterest a bit so I think I'm ready.

Back to knitting Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2013 02:48:39 AM »

We're at 25 sneaky swappers! Cheesy  Signups will close out at midnight on the 14th, then sloth003 and I will begin the task of partnering.  We should have the info for your stalkee out to you by the morning of the 16th (hopefully).

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Calligraphy Pictures
How to Write Modern Calligraphy
How to Learn Calligraphy
How to Choose a Calligraphy Brush
How to Do Calligraphy Flourishing
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...