A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
509 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Rd. 8 (Signups 1/18-2/14; sendouts 3/20)  (Read 42967 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Toralune
« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2013 09:44:35 PM »

Still intending to sign up, just trying to wrap up my current swap's package and then track down my tape measure so I can include some measurements in my questionnaire just in case, but I'll try to get that in over the weekend so I can properly join in the fun. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2013 05:25:27 AM »

I am still adding to my pinterest...it beats the two baking fails I did today Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

P_E_S_T

Toes wrapped in wool, fingers wrapped in clay

Hanging out in the woods

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2013 09:31:35 AM »

Well beautiful people, I find myself in the most inspiring little village - "mousehole" right at the far corner of England in Cornwall. Tiny little houses nestled amongst cobble stone streets where cars have to move on by - no room for congested parking.
All curved around a crystal clear harbour where I and my two boys just waved goodnight to a lovely grey seal.
Hidden in and around the streets are galleries, potteries and hand made craft stores along side people's homes where children have bagged up the mornings "shell" find and are selling them for 50p a bag.
I am feeling truly blessed as this holiday has been given to us as a gift, I will be gathering ideas and inspiration !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/kaydensmumm/

LATEST project - I'm compiling a "handed down" recipes boom and so if I get you in a swap, would you be so kind to find a recipe from your childhood. type it up - if you want to decorate, then please do :

There was a woman who felted
And felted all day long
someonete
« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2013 10:46:22 AM »

Smiley :)Yay I'm in Smiley Smiley
This is my first swap so I'm more than excited... Smiley

1. Would you be okay with a set of smaller items in place of one large item? Yes I would
2. Would it be okay to send a specific(expensive)crafting kit as a large item? I prefer crafted things, but if it is not too expensive I would like to have a Smash book...They don't sell these around here...If it counts as a kit of course
3. What kind of music do you prefer? I like Cosmic metalhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztRnrtWSizQ
4. Are you a planner or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants gal? I think both... Smiley
5. Do you have any favorite quotes? No...
6. If you could be world famous for one thing, what would you like it to be? Singing
7. What are you currently reading? I'm not really a book person...
8. What makes you laugh on TV?Japanese anime
9. What kind of games do you like and is there an image from a game you are particularly fond of?I like Tomb Raider and The Legend Of Zelda
10. What are your preferred letters and font for monograms? EP And my fave font is Segoe Script
11. Are you an only child?No, I have four older brothers, two younger brothers and one little sister Smiley
12. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon? If I have my afternoon free then I'm usually crafting or playing my piano.
13. Do you enjoy edibile treats as extras? If so; sweet, salty, spicy? I love all sorts of snacks
14. Any piercings? Tattoos? Wierd hairstyles?I have 3 piercings in my left ear, 4 in my right ear+ an industrial, one in my eyebrow and one in my tongue...My mohawk is growing out at the moment... Don't know if i'll redo it...
15. Are you a sports fan? If so, what? Also, what teams, individuals?I love baseball...mostly because in my country you can't see it...no particular teams
16. What would you say your style is? My style is a mix  of Steampunk, Victorian, Goth and anything that cathes eye on the street
17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat?Cold even when it's hot outside
18. Is it too late in the season to send outerwear?No not really
19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why?Present thinker because I don't like to worry about the future
20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be?I have lived in few different countries already but I would love to go to Japan...Love the culture
21. What did you want to be when you grew up? Could you see yourself doing that now? I wanted to be a home economics teacher...And I am doing it at the moment.
22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? Any favorite movies? Would you enjoy crafts inspired by them?I enjoy comedies, Jap Anime movies and horror movies...I love Nacho Libre, Mr Bean movies,Grave of the fireflies, Silence of the lambs, Nightmare on Elm Street(all of them) Crafts inspired by them would be fun
23. Would you be disappointed or happy to recieve a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft? I wouldn't be disappointed...But still would like variety
24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name?No preferred clasp
25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist?both Smiley
26. What are your favorite non-edible things to recieve if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras?Funny stickers
27. Do you like practical only items that have a function? Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty?I would like a mix of practical and knickknack
28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large? I would if it is easier like this for the crafter
29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer?
Kitchen:Red or Green,Living room:brown or orange,Craft room:Blue,green or yellow,Bedroom: Blue or white
30. What kind of soaps do you like? Do you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing?I love coconut cent and goats milk
31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing?I think making clothing would be a bit risky
32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik? I like tie dyed things
33. Do you drink tea or coffee? Any fav. types/flavours?I drink tea but mostly it's herbal from my own garden
34. Scrappy or matchy matchy?Scrappy Smiley
35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff?I wouldn't mind. Smiley
36. How do you go about swap research? Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? How far will you look into your partner? Do you pour over blogs/threads etc? I will read the posts that my partner has posted, go and search Her blog, look at her previous swaps to get an idea about what to make...And I make notes all the time not to forget things
37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be? Mysterious, dark, outrageous...I wear almost everything that others would not...Nothing from the stores
38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? I don't want to offend anyone, but I found an awesome saying that goes with my partner's likes. No thank you...don't really get that kind of humour
39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you?I preffer you did it for me...I have loads of stuff lying around and waiting to be stuffed
40. If you were to receive something in a frame, any preferences about the frame?No preferences
41. Do you like beachy things? like shells and stuff?Yes I do
42. How do you feel about dinosaurs?I like only scary ones
43. If I were to make you something that you'd specified you wanted, and did it to the best of my ability - but to do it I had to learn a new craft - so it's not as good as an expert could do it - would you like it - or would you prefer me not to bother? If you like the outcome then I would have no problems with it Smiley
44.How do you feel about clothes or other things made of patchwork (collection of different color fabrics)?  Is one solid piece of fabric better?I love patchwork of different colors
45.When thinking of a reveal, do you want a scavenger hunt type thing?  Or is it cool if I just put little post its all over your parcel?Scavenger hunt Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I hear ya had an idea but it died of boredom...
50 Projects 2013 8/54
Wist
MaxParadise
« Reply #114 on: February 09, 2013 02:02:06 PM »

my son is down for a nap so time to do some more stalking! i love seeing what everyone's into and even finding some things to repin for myself =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
J_Kieviet

« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2013 09:57:04 PM »

I plan to not stalk until I have my partner, otherwise I'll want to craft something for everyone, and I can't afford that, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Mccalls 6337 sewing pattern, if you have a copy you'd be willing to share/give/sell please let me know.  The bag costs $60 and I think perhaps I could make it cheaper/
mandykaye

Just me!

« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2013 11:13:10 PM »

I updated my favorite projects on my profile to include a variety of different mediums! There should be something on there that everyone could be inspired by Wink Plus my Pinterest has sooo many ideas that could be translated in many different ways as well! I also started following those of you on Pinterest that had links on your signatures lol! But after reading everyone's #2 I am already getting swap anxiety!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Toralune
« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2013 07:08:26 AM »

Yay, I'm in! Still looking forward to doing this. Cheesy

1. Would you be okay with a set of smaller items in place of one large item? Sure
2. Would it be okay to send a specific(expensive)crafting kit as a large item? Sure, something like some nice papercrafting supplies or cool yarn or a good starter polymer clay set or something.
3. What kind of music do you prefer? Oh goodness, all kinds. I have a random variety of CCM, love instrumental soundtracks (movie, video game, tv shows, etc) and broadway, some classical/opera, Weird Al, random pop/jpop (totally for the fun of it, Id never try to argue thats some of my better music Tongue), a capella (or even accompanied singing groups that use a lot of vocal harmony), and whatever other genres I happen to feel like at any given time.
4. Are you a planner or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants gal? Im a planner who procrastinates too much. Tongue
5. Do you have any favorite quotes? A few random ones, probably not comprehensive:
"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
"It is not our abilities that show what we truly are... it is our choices."
"If the Witch understood the true meaning of sacrifice, she would have interpreted the deep magic differently. That when a willing victim who has committed no wrong, offers himself in a traitor's stead, the stone table will crack, and death itself will go backwards."
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, its more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey, stuff.
Then let us be rid of it! I can't carry the ring for you, but I can carry you!"
Just then, Neville caused a slight diversion by turning into a large canary.
"The world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters."
"WELCOME TO THE DALEK POETRY READING. THIS ONE IS CALLED DAFFODILS. 'EXTERMINATE DAFFODILS!'"
6. If you could be world famous for one thing, what would you like it to be? No idea. Probably as a writer or graphic artist or videographer or something.
7. What are you currently reading? Currently? Looks like The Stepsister Scheme and Brave New World (latter for a bookclub).
8. What makes you laugh on TV? It varies. AFV for how stupid people can be (or the silly pet videos), reality tv in general for pretty much the same reason, some favorite tv comedies (a few off the top of my head are older Office seasons, How I Met Your Mother, Are You Being Served, and a few other random ones), and general amusing moments in pretty much any tv show.
9. What kind of games do you like and is there an image from a game you are particularly fond of? Some of my favorites tend to be fantasy RPGs or fantasy-type MMOs. WoW, GW2, SWTOR/KOTOR, Assassins Creed, Skyrim/Elder Scrolls series in general, Sims 2 and 3, Kirby, also enjoying Fallout lately though Im usually not big on post-apocalyptic stuff. Also some 3DS games like Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, Zelda, Castlevania, Cooking Mama, etc.
10. What are your preferred letters and font for monograms? Varies, but I tend to go for pretty scripts or vintage fonts.
11. Are you an only child? No, one sister a bit younger than me.
12. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon? Hmm, probably either playing a game or crafting/designing while watching a fun movie or tv show (I double task with tv/movies a lot).
13. Do you enjoy edibile treats as extras? If so; sweet, salty, spicy? Sweet
14. Any piercings? Tattoos? Wierd hairstyles? No. I tried pierced ears once and it didnt really work out
15. Are you a sports fan? If so, what? Also, what teams, individuals? Not really. I cheer for KC Royals and KU basketball when I bother to care, but Im not really big into sports or anything.
16. What would you say your style is? Hmm, not sure. For what I wear, Im still figuring that out, but I like to go for a mix of classic and eclectic with maybe a bit of vintage thrown in.
17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat? Much more likely to be cold. I like to layer up during the winter and am more likely than most to keep my coat on indoors. Tongue
18. Is it too late in the season to send outerwear? Itll probably be warming up by sendouts, but I can always use warm stuff next year.
19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why? Um, past or present maybe?
20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be? I kinda like living here I think. Id love to travel to Europe though, and probably to Japan too to check out the scenery out there.
21. What did you want to be when you grew up? Could you see yourself doing that now? It changed a few times I think. Definitely a ballerina for a while though that never came close to working out. I still like to watch dancing, but I could never do it myself.
22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? Any favorite movies? Would you enjoy crafts inspired by them? Quite a few kinds depending on my mood again. Romantic comedies, fantasy, historical and pixar/Disney-type are some of my favorites. And sure, Im always up for crafts based on my favorites.
23. Would you be disappointed or happy to recieve a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft? Dont mind at all
24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name? Probably lobster, but not a huge deal.
25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist? Probably my pinterest since Im pretty visual, but I think both are more or less useful.
26. What are your favorite non-edible things to recieve if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras? Hmm, useful supplies (yarn, paper, things like that), mugs, gluten-free friendly cookbooks (especially kinda beginner-intermediate-friendly), thermos, inspiration books or knit/crochet pattern books, or anything you think Id like. Smiley
27. Do you like practical only items that have a function? Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty? Id prefer mostly practical, as well as stuff to put on the wall or medium or larger stuffies.
28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large? Sure
29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer? Dont have my own place yet, though right now my bedroom is pretty green so anything that goes with that (havent decided on a color scheme otherwise so anything that would go with a rich-ish medium green. Things for other rooms could be any color at this point and would be saved for when I can get my own place
Kitchen:Living room:Craft room:Bedroom
30. What kind of soaps do you like? Do you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing? No preference though I suppose moisturizing is a good thing during the winter
31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing? Id prefer nothing too size-dependent, but stuff like aprons or whatever are cool and whatever you think would fit
32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik? Theyre fine in colors I like
33. Do you drink tea or coffee? Any fav. types/flavours? I drink tea occasionally. I like herbal fruity for sure, and still experimenting with other flavors.
34. Scrappy or matchy matchy? More matchy-matchy
35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff? Sure, upcycled or whatever is great
36. How do you go about swap research? Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? How far will you look into your partner? Do you pour over blogs/threads etc? Lately Ive been using Amazon wish lists and a secret pinterest board (and my ravelry queue, so stay out of there! Tongue). How far I look probably depends a lot on how active theyve been, but Ill try to at least look through their fairly recent posts and such, and try to go back as far as I can.
37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be? That depends a bit on what were talking about. Dramatically ethereal might be one, cute, strong colors. Something like that.
38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? I don't want to offend anyone, but I found an awesome saying that goes with my partner's likes. Eh, prefer not. Some of that Im really not into, and almost everything else like that Id never be able to show off to my friends and family.
39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you? Id technically be able to if its not overly stretchy fabric or anything, but I think Id prefer it already stuffed unless it makes a big difference in shipping costs.
40. If you were to receive something in a frame, any preferences about the frame? Not really. Natural wood can be good, but really anything that matches the framed art/embroidery/whatever would be fine.
41. Do you like beachy things? like shells and stuff? Its okay, though not exactly my thing per se.
42. How do you feel about dinosaurs? Meh, I like them if theyre really cute, but cute animals in general are a weakness of mine.
43. If I were to make you something that you'd specified you wanted, and did it to the best of my ability - but to do it I had to learn a new craft - so it's not as good as an expert could do it - would you like it - or would you prefer me not to bother? Id still appreciate it. Smiley
44.How do you feel about clothes or other things made of patchwork (collection of different color fabrics)?  Is one solid piece of fabric better? Hmm, Im probably more into solid with matching/contrasting trim or whatever, but patchy can work too if its not too scrappy looking. I think I have a few patchy things pinned that I like for an idea.
45.When thinking of a reveal, do you want a scavenger hunt type thing?  Or is it cool if I just put little post its all over your parcel? No idea what that means, but as long as your username is in there somewhere in an identifiable manner somehow (so I can figure out who you are! Tongue) Im up for whatever youd prefer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tamalama

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2013 08:55:49 AM »

This is my fave swap so far, so cool to see what everyone is into and finding new ideas.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist: http://www.wists.com/tamalama

I love personal swaps, pm if interested!
smileyyogini
« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2013 02:18:32 PM »

P_E_S_T do you have pics? I think I need to pack up and come live with you guys. Sounds like a dream <3

My son is down for his nap and I am just finishing up some boss dolls for a girlfriend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smiles,
Melody

Crafting for the Monster Swap!

www.MelodyCrochet.c om

http://pinterest.com/smileyyogini
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Craft a Duct Tape Tie
How to Craft a Duct Tape Hat
How to Craft a Duct Tape Halloween Bag
How to Craft a Duct Tape Backpack
How to Craft a Christmas Gourd Snowman
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!
Meatless Monday: Vegan, Raw, Gluten Free Chocolate Bars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...