A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,699
Currently Running With Scissors:
576 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Rd. 8 (Signups 1/18-2/14; sendouts 3/20)  (Read 49695 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

quaggy
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2013 05:22:21 PM »

Here is my list of answers!
1. Would you be okay with a set of smaller items in place of one large item?  
    yes, sometimes smaller    is better when grouped to make a large
2. Would it be okay to send a specific(expensive)crafting kit as a large item?
    I have mega supplies, but new fun things are always welcome!
3. What kind of music do you prefer?
    Depends on my mood, mostly county though, also stuff from the 70's.
4. Are you a planner or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants gal?
    I am a planner, pretty organized but often get over whelmed by work so do end up flying by the
    seat   of my pants, I f I would plan less I could get more crafted.
5. Do you have any favorite quotes?
    I would rather be hated for who I am rather loved for who I am not!
6. If you could be world famous for one thing, what would you like it to be?
    Maybe in finding a cure for stupid, this will never happen!
7. What are you currently reading?
    Reading, I wish, most of my time is spent working, crafting or fishing!
8. What makes you laugh on TV?
    I love the Big Bang Theory, awesome show!
9. What kind of games do you like and is there an image from a game you are particularly fond of?
     I get caught up in puzzle solving games, playing Azada on the computor has taken away some
     sleepless nights.
10. What are your preferred letters and font for monograms?
      RLM  any font is fine
11. Are you an only child?
      No, I have 1 sister who is 5 years older than me.
12. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon?
      On the lake smeared with suntan oil basking is the sun waiting to catch a catfish!
13. Do you enjoy edibile treats as extras? If so; sweet, salty, spicy?
      Yes and any or all are great!  
14. Any piercings? Tattoos? Wierd hairstyles?
      Nothing wierd, just single ear piercings!
15. Are you a sports fan? If so, what? Also, what teams, individuals?
      I love Nascar and Dale Jr., Houston Texans and Dallas Cowboys football.
16. What would you say your style is?
      I am pretty laid back, I dress for work in business dress attire but at home and on the weekends,
       shorts and jeans.
17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat?
      Cold all the time,  I hate wearing layers in the winter but have to, I am a summer girl who loves the
       heat.
18. Is it too late in the season to send outerwear?
      Yes, We have been in the upper 70's all week.
19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why?
      Hard one here.  I always have to think in the future at work and spend most of my days there.
      I also guess in my away from work life I do this too.  Planning when I can retire and always making
      a list of things that need to be done.
20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be?
      Would love to just hook onto a trailer and set out across the entire US.
21. What did you want to be whe n you grew up? Could you see yourself doing that now?
      I always wanted to be a math teacher.  I think with my current job I would have become bored with
       classroom teaching!  
22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? Any favorite movies? Would you enjoy crafts inspired by them?
      Very seldom go to the movies, very hard for me to sit still that long, so no crafts.
23. Would you be disappointed or happy to recieve a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft?
      Heck no!  I sometimes craft in one medium just depends on what my partner wants or needs and
       what inspires me, hope they would be the same towards me.
24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name?
      I really like the lobster claw.
25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist?
      Probably my wist or pinterest, my partner needs to craft what makes them happy and gets them in
       the mood.  No stress just a fun swap.
26. What are your favorite non-edible things to recieve if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras?
      I like the following among many:  twizzlers, beef jerky, mars with almonds, fudge, chocolate
      covered raisins. popcorn flavored jelly beans, crunch and munch toffee, heath bars.
27. Do you like practical only items that have a function? Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty?
      A mix is fine or just practical,  Somethings I take to work and place in my office.
28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large?
      Yes, my partner needs to decide what there best craft for me is and just go with the flow!
29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer?
Kitchen:Living room:Craft room:Bedroom
      Kitchen: Pale yellow and aqua
      Living Room: Browns and teals/aquas
      Bedroom: pale yellow / brown/ black and a maroonish red  Lodge feel
30. What kind of soaps do you like? Do you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing?
      I would go for any handmade soaps, I have only had a few and loved all the ones sent to me.
31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing?
      Clothing is not a good option for me, unless a t-shirt then bigger would be better usually a size med.
32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik?
      Oh!!!!!   I Love both!!!!
33. Do you drink tea or coffee? Any fav. types/flavours?
      Yes to both, I do not do mint and love to try new flavors.  
34. Scrappy or matchy matchy?
      This depends on the item, I go either way!
35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff?
      I love to revamp items and love others peeps recycling abilities, go for it if this is you!
36. How do you go about swap research? Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? How far will you look into your partner? Do you pour over blogs/threads etc?
       Stalk, stalk, stalk, then list, lis,t list,  spend hours looking through patterns and ideas and stash.
37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be?
      laidback, shy and a loner.
38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? I don't want to offend anyone, but I found an awesome saying that goes with my partner's likes.
      Life is to short, go for it! No little ones around this house!
39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you?
      I can stuff to help save on postage!  It is a staple supply here!
40. If you were to receive something in a frame, any preferences about the frame?
      no all frames are good!
41. Do you like beachy things? like shells and stuff?
      My main bathroom is decorated in sea shells as well as the  deck area outside by the pool.
42. How do you feel about dinosaurs?
      Not into them but I have seen and created a few they were pretty darn cute!
43. If I were to make you something that you'd specified you wanted, and did it to the best of my ability - but to do it I had to learn a new craft - so it's not as good as an expert could do it - would you like it - or would you prefer me not to bother?
      I love to gets things from people who step outside their comfort zone.  The only way to get better
       is to try.  I am open to being a guinea pig if needed.
44.How do you feel about clothes or other things made of patchwork (collection of different color fabrics)?  Is one solid piece of fabric better?
     I love to express myself in my clothing and not much is solid so it depends, my accessories are
     often solid.  
45.When thinking of a reveal, do you want a scavenger hunt type thing?  Or is it cool if I just put little post its all over your parcel?
     Don't make my brain work to hard, I want to know who spent their time in creating my package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ale0059
Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. -Unknown

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2013 06:51:12 PM »

Sent in my questionnaire!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves personal swaps! Smiley
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2013 07:05:23 PM »

Know what I love about Craftster swaps?  I've done alot, well, not alot compared to some of you  Wink, but I still see people who I've never seen before!!  I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
DaphadillyArt

derp

...epic...

« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2013 07:40:51 PM »

It's my first Craftster swap! I am in love! Swapping is so much fun
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"She's a mess of gorgeous chaos and you can see it in her eyes"
"Every time I make art some do-gooder teacher sends it to a therapist" -Bart Simpson
Anime/Manga rd 8- Shipped!
Video Game- RTS
TM- crafting
IYP- plotting
mandykaye
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2013 12:16:30 AM »

Know what I love about Craftster swaps?  I've done alot, well, not alot compared to some of you  Wink, but I still see people who I've never seen before!!  I love it!

I feel the same way! Honestly, I think there are only one or two people here that I've been in the same swap with before! I haven't been doing many swaps lately so maybe that's why lol!

1. Would you be okay with a set of smaller items in place of one large item? Sure!
2. Would it be okay to send a specific(expensive)crafting kit as a large item? I'm ok with that also!
3. What kind of music do you prefer? I LOVE music! I usually listen to modern or indie rock but love 70's, 80's, and 90's pop/rock as well.
4. Are you a planner or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants gal? I usually wing it lol
5. Do you have any favorite quotes? Oh I love different quotes..they can be found on my Pinterest!
6. If you could be world famous for one thing, what would you like it to be? Something good like philanthropy or generosity.
7. What are you currently reading? I'm waiting for the next Charlaine Harris Sookie book to come out on paperback lol!
8. What makes you laugh on TV? Witty banter or inuendos
9. What kind of games do you like and is there an image from a game you are particularly fond of? Not a gamer...
10. What are your preferred letters and font for monograms? Not really a monogram person but a general "S" for my household works!
11. Are you an only child? No, I have both an older and younger brother
12. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon? In nicer weather, going fishing with the DH..generally just chillin' with my DH, pets and watching movies or reading a book.
13. Do you enjoy edibile treats as extras? If so; sweet, salty, spicy? I love chocolate!!!
14. Any piercings? Tattoos? Wierd hairstyles? I'm pretty plain..one piercing in each ear...normal hair, a tattoo of a magical sword on my calf, and a tattoo of the Tree of Life on my back.
15. Are you a sports fan? If so, what? Also, what teams, individuals? We root for Detroit and Seattle teams here! I watch with the hubby somtimes...not a fan on my own though LOL!
16. What would you say your style is? Gypsy-ish...whimsical with a touch of old school goth lol!
17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat? I'm generally too warm except for my feet! Ours floors are freezing in my house!
18. Is it too late in the season to send outerwear? Too late for gloves and hats but I love decorative scarves and can always use stuff for my feet!
19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why? Lately I am a future looker as there is so much to look forward to!
20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be?Live, Seattle area...visit..defin ately the UK!
21. What did you want to be whe n you grew up? Could you see yourself doing that now? I wanted to be a veterinarian....and I couldn't do that now..too much schooling!
22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? Any favorite movies? Would you enjoy crafts inspired by them? I LOVE LOTR! I would definately like somthing Tolkien inspired!
23. Would you be disappointed or happy to recieve a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft? I am pretty open! As long as my partner put effort into it, I would be happy!
24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name? no preference!
25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist? My Craftster profile is pretty good, then my pinterest, then the questionnaire!
26. What are your favorite non-edible things to recieve if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras? Hmmm..I always like little beads, stickers, stamps, ink, crystals, herbs, books, pens, WHATEVER LOL!
27. Do you like practical only items that have a function? Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty? I am trying to downsize as we hope to move within the year so practical items would be better but I love pretty stuff so whatever inspires you!
28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large? I really don't think anyone would send something half-decent lol! So whatever works!
29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer?Kitchen:Living room:Craft room:Bedroom ANYTHING GOES!
30. What kind of soaps do you like? Do you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing? I like calming, soothing stuff for soaps but gritty and textured soaps are good too as i work in a factory lol!
31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing? adjustable, on the big side
32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik? LOVE both!
33. Do you drink tea or coffee? Any fav. types/flavours? I drink tea unsweetened, coffee flavored and sweetened lol!
34. Scrappy or matchy matchy? Scrappy definately!
35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff? Love it!
36. How do you go about swap research? Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? How far will you look into your partner? Do you pour over blogs/threads etc? I look at all the links and search until I can get the right projects ideas..i print off the questionaire and write some ideas down but mostly, I make a LOT of mental notes!
 37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be? Hippie, comfy, earthy?
38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? I don't want to offend anyone, but I found an awesome saying that goes with my partner's likes. I would be fine with it!
39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you? If it were a simple thing, no problem!
40. If you were to receive something in a frame, any preferences about the frame? whatever works for the project
41. Do you like beachy things? like shells and stuff? I like nature so shells, sand and pebbles are cool...flipflops and beachballs not really my thing lol
42. How do you feel about dinosaurs? not really my thing
43. If I were to make you something that you'd specified you wanted, and did it to the best of my ability - but to do it I had to learn a new craft - so it's not as good as an expert could do it - would you like it - or would you prefer me not to bother? GO FOR IT! Isn't this what Craftster is all about?
44.How do you feel about clothes or other things made of patchwork (collection of different color fabrics)?  Is one solid piece of fabric better? Love patchwork!!
45.When thinking of a reveal, do you want a scavenger hunt type thing?  Or is it cool if I just put little post its all over your parcel? Whatever you feel like doing! I won't be dissapointed if you just write your name on a card lol! But if you want to make it a game, that would be fine too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ale0059

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2013 11:04:18 AM »

I am sooooooooo excited for this swap!!

1. Would you be okay with a set of smaller items in place of one large item? I think that would be ok
2. Would it be okay to send a specific(expensive)crafting kit as a large item? I have enough crafty supplies right now in my stash
3. What kind of music do you prefer? I am an orchestra director and play violin. I love classical music, but I also enjoy blues, bluegrass, nickel creek, the civil wars, and some pop music
4. Are you a planner or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants gal? planner
5. Do you have any favorite quotes?
6. If you could be world famous for one thing, what would you like it to be?
7. What are you currently reading? Aurthurian Legend- Arthur by Steven Lawhead, and thinking about starting another Jane Austen
8. What makes you laugh on TV? How I met your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Parks and Rec, The Office, and 30 rock
9. What kind of games do you like and is there an image from a game you are particularly fond of? I prefer puzzle games, I am not a big gamer tho
10. What are your preferred letters and font for monograms? AJL, I really like scroll and feminine fonts
11. Are you an only child? Nope I am the oldest of 2
12. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon? Reading, making music, or crafting
13. Do you enjoy edibile treats as extras? If so; sweet, salty, spicy? Yes! Sweet, salty or both. A little spicy is ok but not too much
14. Any piercings? Tattoos? Wierd hairstyles? Not really I have really short hair but I enjoy bows and pretty headbands
15. Are you a sports fan? If so, what? Also, what teams, individuals? Some what I am a big Texas Rangers (baseball) fan and a Houston Rockets fan!
16. What would you say your style is? I really like feminine things like ruffles and shabby chic roses, but I also love bright happy colors. Blue is probably my favorite color but I wear just about all the colors
17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat? I like warm socks but I am pretty even
18. Is it too late in the season to send outerwear? Anything more than a light sweatshirt would probably be too much for this Texas girl
19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why? Present/Future thinker, I love planning for the future but I try very hard to live in the present and not get caught up in the worries of tomorrow
20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be? I dont know that I could pick just one. My husband and I are saving up to visit Ireland in a few years. I also love traveling and exploring the United States
21. What did you want to be when you grew up? Could you see yourself doing that now? I wanted to be a teacher, and I currently have a job teaching orchestra where I get to teach my second love which is music
22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? Any favorite movies? Would you enjoy crafts inspired by them? All kinds. Away We Go is probably my favorite
23. Would you be disappointed or happy to recieve a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft? I do like variety but I am sure I will love whatever I get. I have never been disappointed by a swap before
24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name? Any my main concern is that it not cause my skin to break out.
25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist? My Pintrest and Etsy Favs should help a lot. I spent way too much time on those sites. I did spend a lot of time on the questionnaire so about 50/50 as far as which is more helpful
26. What are your favorite non-edible things to recieve if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras? Stickers, stationary stuff
27. Do you like practical only items that have a function? Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty? I like a mix of things and I definitely appreciate making my life pretty 
28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large? yeah
29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer?
Kitchen: red please
Living room: blues and greens
Craft room/Bedroom: light blue, brown and tan
30. What kind of soaps do you like? Do you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing? Moisturizing and clean smelling, citrus is good 
31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing? As long as it isnt too hard for me to adjust that would be ok. I prefer tops that fit me very well but if its a skirt its ok if its a little big
32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik? Awesome but I like it to be in one color family less rainbow
33. Do you drink tea or coffee? Any fav. types/flavours? I love tea especially Lady Grey and Earl Grey tea
34. Scrappy or matchy matchy? Either or
35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff? Depends on what the recycled stuff is
36. How do you go about swap research? Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? How far will you look into your partner? Do you pour over blogs/threads etc? I will be doing some major stalking, like stealth like with a notebook
37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be? Girly, bright, artsy
38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? I may think its funny but I dont think I would have a place for something like that
39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you? I would prefer if it was done but I can stich if need be no problemo
40. If you were to receive something in a frame, any preferences about the frame? I prefer wood and neutrals to colors with frames
41. Do you like beachy things? like shells and stuff? I love the beach something small to remind me of it would be nice
42. How do you feel about dinosaurs? Eh I thought the T-rex in Meet the Robinsons was cute Big head, tiny arms
43. If I were to make you something that you'd specified you wanted, and did it to the best of my ability - but to do it I had to learn a new craft - so it's not as good as an expert could do it - would you like it - or would you prefer me not to bother? I always love to get stuff that show your skill but I would love that you tried something new just for me, I will be happy either way
44.How do you feel about clothes or other things made of patchwork (collection of different color fabrics)? Is one solid piece of fabric better? Sometime patchwork can be amazing. I saw a post on craftster once of a  peasant skirt that was patch worked and it was simply beautiful. I would request that the fabrics be chosen that go together and complement each other
45.When thinking of a reveal, do you want a scavenger hunt type thing? Or is it cool if I just put little post its all over your parcel? I am not sure what this is asking since I have never done this sway before
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2013 11:43:50 AM »

getting impatient for partners now...lol...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ale0059

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2013 02:03:29 PM »

I forgot to include my favorite quotes:
"Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
"To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived- that is to have succeeded" -Ralph Waldo Emmerson
"But those who trust in the Lord for help will find their strength renewed. They will rise on wings like eagles; they will run and not get weary, they will walk and not grow weak." Isaiah 40:31
"Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day."
"One Small crack does not mean that you are broken, itmeans that you were put to the test and you didn't fall apart" -Linda Poindexter
"You don't love someonefor their looks, or their clothes, or their fancy car, but because that sing a song only you can hear" -Oscar Wilde
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea."
"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health" -Voltaire
"Everybody is a genuis, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -Albert Einstein
"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are" -E.E. Cummings
"Be silly. Be Honest. Be Kind." -Emerson
"If it doesn't challenge you it can't change you."
"Do something today that your future will thank you for."
 I swear I narrowed it down I just love so many! Smiley
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013 02:35:21 PM by ale0059 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2013 03:52:04 PM »

I was going to try to stalk you Sevs, but your link isn't there  Wink

Well, darn it, I'm sorry!  Here it is:  http://pinterest.com/dawn_vanniman/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2013 04:58:39 PM »

hahaha, thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make a Large Wheel Thrown Vessel with Two Clay Bodies
How to make an Extra Large Bowl - wheel throwing
Finished Pottery Pieces from the Kiln
Pottery for Beginners - Part 3
Pottery for Beginners - Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...