A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
545 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Rd. 8 (Signups 1/18-2/14; sendouts 3/20)  (Read 42983 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mandykaye
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Just me!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2013 10:04:45 PM »

Sent in my info! Haven't done a larger swap in some time! Looking forward to this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2013 05:07:59 PM »

I am in just need to fill out my post for the thread. Hope to get it done in the next day or two.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl
Swap Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator
Guest Blogger

« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2013 04:18:36 AM »

Added a couple new swappers this morning!  How exciting! 

Is everyone stalking everyone else on Pinterest yet? Cheesy  There's some great stuff out there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2013 08:56:44 AM »

I was going to try to stalk you Sevs, but your link isn't there  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
smileyyogini
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2013 09:07:48 AM »

Hey guys!!! Im really excited!!! Who do I get to stalk?

Here's a list of questions that came up the last time.  Once you sign up to join the swap and are approved, please answer them in the thread, they're designed to help your stalker Crafty Detective. Smiley

1. Would you be okay with a set of smaller items in place of one large item? Yes
2. Would it be okay to send a specific(expensive)crafting kit as a large item? No, thanks. Smiley
3. What kind of music do you prefer? Just about anything made in the last 25 years. Im pretty diverse. But I love Depeche Mode, Peter Paul and Mary, Jack Johnson and Stevie Nicks.
4. Are you a planner or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants gal? I fly by the seat of my pants...with a to-do list.
5. Do you have any favorite quotes? "All who wander are not lost", "there is a little witch in every woman", "Be the Change you want to see in the world" and "those that laugh at themselves will never cease to be amused"
6. If you could be world famous for one thing, what would you like it to be? Levitation.
7. What are you currently reading? Ever After by Kim Harrison. A swapbuddy of mine mentioned it so I picked it up. Its pretty good so far!
8. What makes you laugh on TV? Gore.
9. What kind of games do you like and is there an image from a game you are particularly fond of? I play Final Fantasy 14 online. I love moogles and chocobos.
10. What are your preferred letters and font for monograms? MSA and I have no prefered font.
11. Are you an only child? Yes
12. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon? Laying around watching movies and knitting.
13. Do you enjoy edibile treats as extras? If so; sweet, salty, spicy? salty
14. Any piercings? Tattoos? Wierd hairstyles? I have been every color with the hair. No tattoos yet. 6 wholes in my ears and one in the tummy. I dont use the high ear ones anymore...feels like it makes my ears look big. I prefer to just hide them beneath a hat.
15. Are you a sports fan? If so, what? Also, what teams, individuals? No.
16. What would you say your style is? I lean strongly toward Bohemian.
17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat? cold all the time. I love the heat.
18. Is it too late in the season to send outerwear? Yes. Its always too late here. I only get to wear warm stuff about 5 times a year. Love headbands, light fingerless gloves, light hats, slippers. But not scarves or warm hats.
19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why? present thinker. Im not much for worry or regret. I like my memories but I tend to live in the present.
20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be? France, Fiji, Costa Rica
21. What did you want to be whe n you grew up? Could you see yourself doing that now? An accountant. I think I could if it was in an interesting area of the field. Forensic accounting or something.
22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? Any favorite movies? Would you enjoy crafts inspired by them? Comedy and Horror. I love Princess Bride. Yes!!
23. Would you be disappointed or happy to recieve a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft? Im open
24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name? Plunger clasp...Im a mommy.
25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist? Probably my pinterest. www.pinterest.com/smileyyogini
26. What are your favorite non-edible things to recieve if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras? keychains, postcards, notions and such. I love little stuff!
27. Do you like practical only items that have a function? Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty?I really dont love knickknacks. I like cute functional stuff. Art for walls is awesome, but Im not a shelf-item lover.
28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large? Sure
29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer?
Kitchen: Purple or aqua
Living room: black white red blue
Craft room: any
Bedroom: green purple white brown
30. What kind of soaps do you like? Do you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing? moisturizing and flowery or fruity
31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing? I dont like to wear big things. Makes me feel frumpy.
32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik? I looooove tie dye and batik.
33. Do you drink tea or coffee? Any fav. types/flavours? Yes...flavored coffees and minty or chai teas.
34. Scrappy or matchy matchy? scrappy!
35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff? Love the upcycled!
36. How do you go about swap research? Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? How far will you look into your partner? Do you pour over blogs/threads etc? I leave NO rock unturned. I consider myself an amazing stalker. I compile my research in a notebook and then head to the stores to narrow down my options.
37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be? happy, black, comfy...I live in yoga pants and tank tops. I tend to just accessorize around that. As far as lifestyle....comfy, happy, colorful. I have made everything in the house white and I just add fun stuff to the walls and accessorize in lots of colors. I like to change it up alot.
38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? I don't want to offend anyone, but I found an awesome saying that goes with my partner's likes. I dont much like getting the adult gifts. I see the funny when someone else receives it. Im not a prude...but I am opening it up in front of my toddler and teenager in most cases. LOL
39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you? I can totally stuff and sew something up. Im fine receiving big packages...but if it saves them time and money then its no problem. I already have the polyfil and sewing box ready.
40. If you were to receive something in a frame, any preferences about the frame? all of my frames are black.
41. Do you like beachy things? like shells and stuff? I love beachy stuff.
42. How do you feel about dinosaurs? I keep them in my childrens rooms...but I loooove dragons and fairies. And unicorns. <3
43. If I were to make you something that you'd specified you wanted, and did it to the best of my ability - but to do it I had to learn a new craft - so it's not as good as an expert could do it - would you like it - or would you prefer me not to bother? Heck no! I would like it all the more.  
44.How do you feel about clothes or other things made of patchwork (collection of different color fabrics)?  Is one solid piece of fabric better? I loooove patchwork. It speaks to my inner gypsy.
45.When thinking of a reveal, do you want a scavenger hunt type thing?  Or is it cool if I just put little post its all over your parcel? post-its are safest. I can be very slow and Im easily confused.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smiles,
Melody

Crafting for the Monster Swap!

www.MelodyCrochet.c om

http://pinterest.com/smileyyogini
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2013 12:18:44 PM »

I have been stalking everyone's Pinterest but there is someone who's Pinterest is just so wonderful!!! I could create so many things for this person. I may have to cross my fingers that she becomes my secret partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I like to craft and cook, come see...
My Blog

50 Projects in 2013
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2013 01:25:34 PM »

I have been stalking everyone's Pinterest but there is someone who's Pinterest is just so wonderful!!! I could create so many things for this person. I may have to cross my fingers that she becomes my secret partner!

Ii have a few of those too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
Eiseldora
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2013 04:06:24 PM »

1. Would you be okay with a set of smaller items in place of one large item? Yes
2. Would it be okay to send a specific(expensive)crafting kit as a large item? Yes

3. What kind of music do you prefer? Female voices (Adele, Norah Jones, Pink) Instrumental (flutes, violins, Nature soundtracks) Musicals

4. Are you a planner or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants gal? I like to research what my options are so I can decide while in the think of it. IE I make  plan so I can throw it out the window when I'm in the midst of it.

5. Do you have any favorite quotes?

6. If you could be world famous for one thing, what would you like it to be? Innovation

7. What are you currently reading? YALSA award winners. Just finished Dodger, Currently on Seraphina, In Darkness  up next.

8. What makes you laugh on TV? Doctor Who, science Fiction geekiness, Nathan Fillion, Raising Hope

9. What kind of games do you like and is there an image from a game you are particularly fond of? I like to playtest for my husband. Fond of Facts in Five, Hanabi, Big Idea, and Wits and Wager.

10. What are your preferred letters and font for monograms? S

11. Are you an only child? Yes

12. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon? With my husband. We normally spend the time working in parallel.

13. Do you enjoy edible treats as extras? Sure Chocolate If so; sweet, salty, spicy? No spice due to my allergies.

14. Any piercings? Tattoos? Weird hairstyles? I just cut my hair short

15. Are you a sports fan? If so, what? Also, what teams, individuals? NO!

16. What would you say your style is? Relax, Comfortable, Flowly, Girly but natural.

17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat? I like heat but can get too warm. Especially my feet

18. Is it too late in the season to send outerwear? meh

19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why? Future

20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be? I want to visit Europe(Germany it on the top of my list) and maybe Washington DC

21. What did you want to be when you grew up ? Writer Could you see yourself doing that now? Maybe, i write some in my day job. All nonfiction.

22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? Musicals, science fiction, bioopic films, Any favorite movies? Gattica, anne of green gables, serenity, white christmas, its a wonderful life, lord of the rings, Would you enjoy crafts inspired by them? Maybe Cheesy

23. Would you be disappointed or happy to recieve a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft? No dissappointment

24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name? No Jewelry

25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist? Pinterest probably

26. What are your favorite non-edible things to recieve if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras? Stencils, fabric paint,

27. Do you like practical only items that have a function? Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty? Practical

28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large? Yes

29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer?

Kitchen:Apples, Orange Sun Flowers, Red/Orange
Living room:
Craft room:Nature, Yoga, Green Forest
Bedroom: Ocean at Night Dark Blues
Bathroom: Spring Green / Leaves.

30. What kind of soaps do you like? Do you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing? Ylang Ylang, Mint & Rose is my favorite Bar of soap. I like to relax me

31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing? I'm Plus size so big and adjustable is prefered, as long as Its big enough. I've fixed things before as needed to make it big enough.

32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik? Not a fan really.

33. Do you drink tea or coffee? Any fav. types/flavours? Hot Chocolate and now Hotwater with Honey and Cinnamon.

34. Scrappy or matchy matchy? I don't know. I want it to look nice

35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff? Cool, they can be very cool and creative projects.

36. How do you go about swap research? Lists, Notes on my todo list, and might pin many items. Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? How far will you look into your partner? Do you pour over blogs/threads etc? I look at their boards, and maybe blogs. Sometimes I"ll see other items that they posted and liked.

37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be? Comfortable, Creative, Flowy.

38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? Depends on where it will be used. I work with Teenagers, so if it's on a shirt that's not professional enough to wear. If its something for my house its a different story.

39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you? I'm fine stuffing it myself.

40. If you were to receive something in a frame, any preferences about the frame? Not Broken.

41. Do you like beachy things? like shells and stuff? meh. I like the Water

42. How do you feel about dinosaurs? Curse your Sudden but inevitable betrayal

43. If I were to make you something that you'd specified you wanted, and did it to the best of my ability - but to do it I had to learn a new craft - so it's not as good as an expert could do it - would you like it - or would you prefer me not to bother? I'd love it. I'm probably asking because I don't know how to do it.

44.How do you feel about clothes or other things made of patchwork (collection of different color fabrics)? Would only really consider for a skirt. I don't like patchwork shirts. Is one solid piece of fabric better?

45.When thinking of a reveal, do you want a scavenger hunt type thing? Or is it cool if I just put little post its all over your parcel? Not sure what this means Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013 12:51:17 AM by Eiseldora » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MaxParadise
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2013 04:54:53 PM »

yay, i'm in! sooo excited for this one. i have a few more questions to answer on the second quuestionairre and then i'll be posting it up =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
MaxParadise
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2013 05:16:53 PM »

here we go =):

1.Would you be okay with a set of smaller items in place of one large item? Of course!

2. Would it be okay to send a specific (expensive) crafting kit as a large item? im pretty sure I dont want/need any type of crafting kitsorry!

3. What kind of music do you prefer? Rock music. Fave bands being coheed and cambria, korn, system of a down, manson. I also like blink 182, green day, stuff like that. bruno mars =) , a teeny tiny bit of rap/hip-hop, mostly just certain songs.

4. Are you a planner or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants gal? I can go both ways, haha! I usually like to plan things, but yet, because of that, whenever someone else comes at me with a random, out of the blue plan, Im down! Sometimes I just hate being the one that has to plan/figure everything out all the time =/

5. Do you have any favorite quotes? I promise you, there is no weight that can bury us; sugar, were going down swinging; well make it if you believe (all song lyrics); write drunk, edit sober

6. If you could be world famous for one thing, what would you like it to be? Idk if Id want to be famousbut if anythinga cure for a certain type of ailment/sickness

7. What are you currently reading? I started reading white oleander againmainly because I have no new books, haha! Im so picky when it comes to books.

8. What makes you laugh on TV? Funny stuff! Haha =) really though, whatever I watch, if something funny happens I laugh =) Im easily amused!

9. What kind of games do you like and is there an image from a game you are particularly fond of? No image Im fond of, but I love party/group type of games. My husband and I have get togethers/game night at least once a month so anything that can involve a group of people/break guests down into groups.

10. What are your preferred letters and font for monograms? No particular preference. I can be fine with a graffiti type style or something fancier. I love the idea of mix n matching =)

11. Are you an only child? Nope! I have an older brother

12. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon? With my booboohead! (aka, my son.) And all three of us when my husband gets home from work. We love to go out and try to do stuff as a family. We also try to make everything fun and special =)

13. Do you enjoy edible treats as extras? If so; sweet, salty, spicy? Salty or spicy, though were trying not to eat anything too unhealthyno matter how much I want to, lol.

14. Any piercings? Tattoos? Weird hairstyles? My ears are stretched to 5/8 and I have a tattoo of my sons birth date in roman numerals on my right wrist.

15. Are you a sports fan? If so, what? Also, what teams, individuals? Not really

16. What would you say your style is? Rock? Ive always been seen as the little weird/different/rocker chick in the family, and quite honestly I still am! I love skinny jeans and band tees with some chucks or ballet flats, but I also love to wear purdy/classy tops/blouses with some wedges. When I go out I want to dress it up. When Im just running errands, jeans and tees or fine for me. I hope that made sense!

17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat? I get overly cold more than I get overly hot, but no biggie =)

18. Is it too late in the season to send outerwear? any kind of scarf or slouchy beanie in my pintrest is perfectly a-ok!!!

19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why? Can I pick all 3? There are times when I think about the past, times when I think about the present, but Id say mostly the future. Im always worried about bills getting paid on time, when this has to get done, when that has to get done. Why? Because if I dont, no one else will!

20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be? Id love to travel to Italy but more than likely never will because I dont like planes. And vegas!

21. What did you want to be when n you grew up? Could you see yourself doing that now? When I was really young, a teacher and I couldnt see myself doing that now. Ive went from that to wanting to work with makeup!

22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? Any favorite movies? Would you enjoy crafts inspired by them? Funny movies, dramas, and horror movies, especially zombie movies =) I love the original night, dawn and day movies (the holy trinity!) by george a. romero and also the newer dawn of the dead. Funny zombie movies are okay with me too: zombieland, shaun of the dead, fidofunny wise I loooove bridesmaids! And just in general my fave movies are the breakfast club and ghost world.

23. Would you be disappointed or happy to receive a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft? Oh man, good question!...i wouldnt say disappointed. I know Ill love everything and anything I get, but if I was to be completely honest I think I would want more than one type of craftsorry! Hope I dont sound too picky!

24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name? Any is a-ok with me!

25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist? Id say my pintrest and then super duper close second questionnairelol, theyre probably the same!

26. What are your favorite non-edible things to recieve if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras? HmmmI dont think Ive ever received a non edible extra in a swapbut, maybe a little spool of thread? I always need black. I always use to stock up on 25 cent black spools of thread from my local beverlys craft store but theyve closed down =(

27. Do you like practical only items that have a function? Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty? Definitely a mix! If its practical, great. If its just purdy that is also great! Like I said, a mix is more than fine with me =)

28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large? Of corse.

29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer? Black, hot pinkI like dark grey, aqua and neon green for little details. Im okay with any color for any specific room. Both or living room and bathroom have red and black but I really, really want to get into more brighter, mixed colors. Like hot pink and aqua, neon green, with still some read and black.
Kitchen:Living room:Craft room:Bedroom

30. What kind of soaps do you like? Do you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing? mosturizing

31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing? Id rather have something a little bigger. Whether it was adjustable or not, if I could make it fit just right myself (taking in seams, etc) that is perfectly fine!

32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik? Not a fan =/

33. Do you drink tea or coffee? Any fav. types/flavours? Coffee, and Im pretty much okay with any flavor =)

34. Scrappy or matchy matchy? Any is fine, but I love mixey-matchy stuff that just seems to go together!

35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff? Okay as long as everything is clean =)

36. How do you go about swap research? Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? How far will you look into your partner? Do you pour over blogs/threads etc? I always print out their questionnaire! Ill constantly look at their pintrest or other like website until I get an idea of exactly what theyd like/ what I want to craft and then Ill jot down notes, make sketches, etc.

37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be? Edgy/rock (is that 2?!); pretty, comfortable

38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? I don't want to offend anyone, but I found an awesome saying that goes with my partner's likes. Im pretty sure Ill be okay with it!

39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you? Whatever is easier for you! I have a big ol bag of stuffing that I only use sometimes, so I have plenty of my own to use. It wouldnt be a problem. I actually like that idea a lot =)

40. If you were to receive something in a frame, any preferences about the frame? Not at all! The more different/eccentric the frames I have for art work the better!

41. Do you like beachy things? like shells and stuff? Not really

42. How do you feel about dinosaurs? My son has just learned to say dinosaur! But other than that, Im not the biggest fanthough Im pretty sure he is Wink

43. If I were to make you something that you'd specified you wanted, and did it to the best of my ability - but to do it I had to learn a new craft - so it's not as good as an expert could do it - would you like it - or would you prefer me not to bother? I would love ANYTHING I get and if you attempted a craft you never tried just to meet my wants, that would make it extra special =) its perfectly fine!

44.How do you feel about clothes or other things made of patchwork (collection of different color fabrics)? Is one solid piece of fabric better? Clothes wise a solid piece. Purse wisemaybe one main pattern with little different add-ons.

45.When thinking of a reveal, do you want a scavenger hunt type thing? Or is it cool if I just put little post its all over your parcel? Either!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Dress in Business Casual for Women
How to Pick Lingerie That Complements Your Body Type
How to Wear a Boyfriend Blazer
Wearing Boyfriend Jeans
Tips for Wearing Leggings
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...