A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 306,355
Currently Running With Scissors:
394 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Rd. 8 (Signups 1/18-2/14; sendouts 3/20)  (Read 57314 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ryn
Aim To Misbehave

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2013 01:02:43 PM »

Woo! I'm in the swap. Here's my answers to the second set of questions.

1. Would you be okay with a set of smaller items in place of one large item? yes
2. Would it be okay to send a specific(expensive)crafting kit as a large item? There arent really any crafts I would like to learn to do, so a kit wouldnt be ideal for me
3. What kind of music do you prefer? Too many kinds, my favourite artists are Fleetwood Mac, Florence & the Machine & I:Scintilla
4. Are you a planner or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants gal? Planner
5. Do you have any favorite quotes?
The hardest thing in this world is to live in it Buffy
If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain. Emily Dickinson
6. If you could be world famous for one thing, what would you like it to be? Scientific discovery
7. What are you currently reading? Song of Fire and Ice Saga (slowly)
8. What makes you laugh on TV? Archer, Community
9. What kind of games do you like and is there an image from a game you are particularly fond of? I like borderlands, ratchet & clank, and the binding of isaac
10. What are your preferred letters and font for monograms? Not sure about font, but I guess if anythings monogramed Id like K.F.
11. Are you an only child? no
12. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon? Hanging with friends
13. Do you enjoy edibile treats as extras? If so; sweet, salty, spicy? Yes, and all three
14. Any piercings? Tattoos? Wierd hairstyles? Getting my first tattoo on Tuesday! No piercings or weird hairstyles
15. Are you a sports fan? If so, what? Also, what teams, individuals? Not really
16. What would you say your style is? Laid back
17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat? Depends on the season, but usually cold
18. Is it too late in the season to send outerwear? Nope, last week we hit -50! (Celsius)
19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why? Kind of all three at times I guess, but mostly a present to moderate future thinker, I like to plan out my life for chunks of a month or so at a time, but I rarely think of my distant future, and I certainly try not to dwell on the past.
20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be? I want to travel the world, but mostly I want to see asia, as for where I would want to live, Im quite fond of Canada, Id like to stay here.
21. What did you want to be whe n you grew up? Could you see yourself doing that now? I wanted to be a psychologist, and now I cant see myself doing that at all, even though I have pursued psychology, I like more the research aspect of it
22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? Any favorite movies? Would you enjoy crafts inspired by them? Love movies, especially sci fi and other genre movies, my favourites are Star Wars (original trilogy) and Princess Mononoke
23. Would you be disappointed or happy to recieve a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft? Thatd be fine
24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name? im not huge on jewellery
25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist? Probably my pinterest and questionnaire in combination
26. What are your favorite non-edible things to recieve if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras? Not sure, but I do love surprises, hence liking this swap, the most surprising of all swaps
27. Do you like practical only items that have a function? Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty? I think I prefer practical, but I also love knickknack, Im just running out of room to display all my cool stuff! Id be happy with either
28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large? Sure, do what you find the most comfortable
29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer? Im really not that specific about colours, I just dont like yellow or pink, all other colours are fair game
Kitchen:Living room:Craft room:Bedroom
30. What kind of soaps do you like? Do you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing? Wouldnt really like to receive soap related stuff
31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing? A bit big is fine
32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik? Not interested
33. Do you drink tea or coffee? Any fav. types/flavours? Love tea, especially black teas, and one of my favourite flavours is Vanilla, I had this earl grey vanilla once that was amazing
34. Scrappy or matchy matchy? Either? I dont really know what that means
35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff? Thats fine
36. How do you go about swap research? Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? How far will you look into your partner? Do you pour over blogs/threads etc? I make a word document with all my ideas and links and pictures and just kind of narrow down from there
37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be? This ones too hard, Im going to skip it, haha
38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? Nothing too overt, but adult themes are fine, like Im not overly offended by swear words, but I dont love adult themes of the sexual nature
39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you? Id prefer it already done
40. If you were to receive something in a frame, any preferences about the frame? nope
41. Do you like beachy things? like shells and stuff? no
42. How do you feel about dinosaurs? Love them
43. If I were to make you something that you'd specified you wanted, and did it to the best of my ability - but to do it I had to learn a new craft - so it's not as good as an expert could do it - would you like it - or would you prefer me not to bother? Id still love it, thats a great thing about this website, it really gets you to try new styles of crafting
44.How do you feel about clothes or other things made of patchwork (collection of different color fabrics)?  Is one solid piece of fabric better? Im not sure, sounds kinda cool
45.When thinking of a reveal, do you want a scavenger hunt type thing?  Or is it cool if I just put little post its all over your parcel? Either or, or something completely different

THIS ROCKS   Logged

P_E_S_T
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Toes wrapped in wool, fingers wrapped in clay

Hanging out in the woods

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2013 01:56:10 AM »

growing increasingly excited about my first swap ! Might even keep me indoors and away from waist high bogs that I may have fallen into this weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/kaydensmumm/

LATEST project - I'm compiling a "handed down" recipes boom and so if I get you in a swap, would you be so kind to find a recipe from your childhood. type it up - if you want to decorate, then please do :

There was a woman who felted
And felted all day long
someonete
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2013 05:20:36 AM »

You must have a pinterest/wist of at least 75 items, the majority need to be crafty please.

I really would like to join this swap, but is it really a must that I have pinterest or wist???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I hear ya had an idea but it died of boredom...
50 Projects 2013 8/54
Wist
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2013 06:02:46 AM »

It really helps your partner with the stalking. Do you have anything similar that's stalkable and filled with crafty inspiration?

It's really not that hard to rack up 75 pinned or wisted items once you get going. The hard part is to stop Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
violetbellerophon
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2013 08:48:56 AM »

Stalking this thread everyday!  LOL I need a hobby.  Wait... I have a hobby, I just need someone to craft for!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

saving my world one project at a time

http://pinterest.com/lolita226/
Kansas96
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2013 09:02:04 AM »

I can't wait to get started on my first swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
someonete
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2013 12:46:52 PM »

It really helps your partner with the stalking. Do you have anything similar that's stalkable and filled with crafty inspiration?

It's really not that hard to rack up 75 pinned or wisted items once you get going. The hard part is to stop Grin

Don't have anything like that unfortunately... Sad
Well I guess I'm going to make a Wist then Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I hear ya had an idea but it died of boredom...
50 Projects 2013 8/54
Wist
Whistley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Adventure is out there!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2013 12:48:15 PM »

I'm excited! I've been loving reading everyone's "part 2's"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
MaxParadise
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2013 05:29:34 PM »

okay, all done with the questionairre! going over it tonight and sending it in! i've ben pinning away and still not stopping, lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
torimiko

requires study and documentation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2013 07:58:52 PM »

What a cool concept! I really need to get invovled with these swaps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Calligraphy Flourishes - Part 2
How to Make a Native American Sand Painting Part 2
How to Make a Native American Sand Painting Part 1
How to Make a Mexican Bark Painting Part 2
How to Make a Mexican Bark Painting Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...