A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,106
Currently Running With Scissors:
669 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Rd. 8 (Signups 1/18-2/14; sendouts 3/20)  (Read 43282 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

the_essence
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2013 10:43:27 PM »

Oh my goodness this sounds like so much fun. I don't want to overbook myselffffff but ahhh this sounds so greattttt
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2013 08:10:19 AM »

1. Would you be okay with a set of smaller items in place of one large item? interesting question. i think that actually a big item is better as I have so much stuff in my life, one useful thing is better than a few other things
2. Would it be okay to send a specific(expensive)crafting kit as a large item? yes, I am a big fan of craft items!
3. What kind of music do you prefer? no specific genres, I love to sing along, so lots of ballads
4. Are you a planner or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants gal? seat of the pants always
5. Do you have any favorite quotes? none in particularly
6. If you could be world famous for one thing, what would you like it to be? well apart from the obvious ones of a nobel peace prize, solving world hunger and stopping war....i would like to write a worldwide best selling book
7. What are you currently reading? back to my childhood and rereading 'the chalet school' books, and thinking fast and slow (not reading that one fast though)
8. What makes you laugh on TV? big bang theory, witty one liners. I don't like pranks and gross out humour.
9. What kind of games do you like and is there an image from a game you are particularly fond of? I am not fond of games, the only one I play regularly is rummy -card games- with my daughter
10. What are your preferred letters and font for monograms? love circus font, currently
11. Are you an only child? lol..nah one of 7
12. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon?  reading, crafting, spending time with friends
13. Do you enjoy edibile treats as extras? If so; sweet, salty, spicy? salty!!!
14. Any piercings? Tattoos? Wierd hairstyles? just my ears and one small tattoo, long hair,
15. Are you a sports fan? If so, what? Also, what teams, individuals? nope, not at all
16. What would you say your style is? casual, with a tiny touch of quirky, jeans, tee-shirts and hoodies mostly, with wrap dresses and heels if I am dressing up
17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat? always cold!
18. Is it too late in the season to send outerwear? not if it is something like a hoodie, definitely too late for a scarf or hat, I rarely wear hats...i don't think I have the head for them!
19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why? all three, I have had an interesting life and so there are plenty of things to think about, I think about what is going to happen and make plans, but I do try and live in the moment and be mindful
20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be? I have travelled a lot. lived in a few different countries and I love travel, I am happy living where I am, but would love to be able to afford to live six months of the year in a sunny climate, france, italy, spain, australia.
21. What did you want to be whe n you grew up? Could you see yourself doing that now? I wanted to be so many things, including a nun (fruits of a catholic education!) but that only lasted a year when I was 8 and no, definitely couldn't see myself being a nun now. I always wanted to be an artist and if I did win the lottery, I would go to art college in a heartbeat
22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? Any favorite movies? Would you enjoy crafts inspired by them? I love comedy, I like animation too, all the disney/pixar ones. I cannot imagine any crafts inspired by them,
23. Would you be disappointed or happy to recieve a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft? depends on the craft really. i don't think so though. I like things that are well made and it wouldn't matter if they were all the same sort of thing.
24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name? lobster or the one that is a bar that goes through a ring-no idea what that is called.
25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist? I reckon pinterest and this questionaire
26. What are your favorite non-edible things to recieve if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras? useful and functional things...after that I don't care
27. Do you like practical only items that have a function? Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty? I love things to set out and make life pretty, but I have so many already that my house is starting to look like a market stall...so I am leaning towards functional things these days
28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large? yes
29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer?
Kitchen:Living room:Craft room:Bedroom in september I will be living away from home for work, just mondays to fridays, the new place is a tiny house that I am buying and so it is a blank canvas. I am not sure yet as to colours. I am leaning towards the retro ice-cream colours, but then on the other hand I do love glitzy kitsch and am planning on a big mirror ball to hang in the stairwell...basical ly I am open to suggestion on this!
30. What kind of soaps do you like? Do you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing? moisturising. I have the driest skin in the world. I only use soap in the tub and that is usually at night, so citrussy smells are too stimulating for sleep, so milky sleepy ones are best.
31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing? a big big and adjustable...
32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik? I like it
33. Do you drink tea or coffee? Any fav. types/flavours? plain black tea, I hate coffee with a passion!
34. Scrappy or matchy matchy?...hmm...a bit of both really.
35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff? Happy with this, save the planet and all that
36. How do you go about swap research? Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? How far will you look into your partner? Do you pour over blogs/threads etc? It depends, if their questionaire is comprehensive and something jumps out at me immediately I will tend to go with that, but I do tend to read blogs and look at topics they have started to get ideas if I am stumped
37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be? creative, artistic, bright
38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? I don't want to offend anyone, but I found an awesome saying that goes with my partner's likes. happy with that,
39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you? Happy to stuff and stitch up stuff, mailing is so expensive!
40. If you were to receive something in a frame, any preferences about the frame? not really
41. Do you like beachy things? like shells and stuff? yes I do. Love the bleached look of driftwood and seaglass, I like that washed out colours
42. How do you feel about dinosaurs? I don't know any personally and don't have any interest in them
43. If I were to make you something that you'd specified you wanted, and did it to the best of my ability - but to do it I had to learn a new craft - so it's not as good as an expert could do it - would you like it - or would you prefer me not to bother? that is a really tough question to answer. I think I would prefer you to work in the medium you were happier and better at, even if it is different to what I had specified. Because while I might specify stuff, you might be able to make me something that I like better...and I always admire good craftsmanship
44.How do you feel about clothes or other things made of patchwork (collection of different color fabrics)?  Is one solid piece of fabric better? if they go together, then I love them
45.When thinking of a reveal, do you want a scavenger hunt type thing?  Or is it cool if I just put little post its all over your parcel? I am happy either way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MaxParadise
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2013 04:39:04 PM »

okay, all i have to do is work on the questionairre and i am in! lol...well i need to get approved first! so glad there was a long sign up period. this one sounds so fun =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
SevsOnlyGirl
Swap Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator
Guest Blogger

« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2013 08:27:04 AM »

sloth003 has volunteered to be the co-organiser!  Thanks so much, slothy!  Once signups are completed, we'll split everyone into two groups and we'll each head up one group. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Whistley

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2013 10:31:49 AM »

Yay! Thanks for organizing, ladies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Ryn
Aim To Misbehave

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2013 11:09:45 AM »

Sent in my questionnaire, can't wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tamalama

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2013 02:12:17 PM »

1. Would you be okay with a set of smaller items in place of one large item?Sure
2. Would it be okay to send a specific(expensive)crafting kit as a large item?Sure
3. What kind of music do you prefer?REM is my all time fave, I adore Shawn Mullins too
4. Are you a planner or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants gal?NOT at all a planner
5. Do you have any favorite quotes?"Whistle as the wind blows with me" (from REMs Wedell Gee) and "It's Not Lupus" (from House MD, funny to me because I have lupus
6. If you could be world famous for one thing, what would you like it to be?An artisit
7. What are you currently reading?Monday Mornings by Sanjay Gupta
8. What makes you laugh on TV?Top Gear, Family Guy, American Dad, The Cleveland Show, The Ricky Gervais Show
9. What kind of games do you like and is there an image from a game you are particularly fond of?I love playing Plants VS Zombies, the zamboni zombie is my favorite image
10. What are your preferred letters and font for monograms? Comic, etc....nothing super girly
11. Are you an only child?yes
12. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon? Reading on my kindle, crafting, stuff like that...
13. Do you enjoy edibile treats as extras? If so; sweet, salty, spicy? need to avoid goodies right now, just started weight watchers last month
14. Any piercings? Tattoos? Wierd hairstyles? no
15. Are you a sports fan? If so, what? Also, what teams, individuals? HOCKEY!!!!!  I ADORE JOHAN HEDBURG OF THE NJ DEVILS
16. What would you say your style is? Artsy but still one of the guys when it comes to hockey.  I like funky things but can still throw on a hockey jersey and spend an evening at a game.
17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat? More hot than cold.
18. Is it too late in the season to send outerwear? No, but we are having a mild winter here in GA
19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why? I'm kinda stuck right now.  I lost my hubby to a stroke on 10/20/12 so I've been spending a lot of time thinking about the past while trying to do grief counseling to work on the present.  The futures just too much to deal with right now.
20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be?   Durham, NC   LOVE IT THERE!!!!!
21. What did you want to be whe n you grew up? Could you see yourself doing that now? An artist and yeah I craft more but I can see myself doing it.
22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? Any favorite movies? Would you enjoy crafts inspired by them? The Avengers, Iron Man 1 and 2, Silence of the Lambs, Harry Potter, Dirty Harry   I love all kinds of movies and would love Iron Man goodies.
23. Would you be disappointed or happy to recieve a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft? anything is fine by me
24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name? lobster
25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist? Probably my pinterst: http://pinterest.com/tammystopher/
26. What are your favorite non-edible things to recieve if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras? Catnip toys, supply boxes, anything moose or hockey related
27. Do you like practical only items that have a function? both Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? yep Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty? yeah but I'm tight on space right now, I moved in with mom after my husband passed
28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large? yes
29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer? bedroom is Atlanta Thrashers colors, navy, maroon, and golden yellow
Kitchen:Living room:Craft room:Bedroom
30. What kind of soaps do you like?all Do you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing?vanilla goats milk
31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing?I'd rather avoid since I'm trying to loose weight
32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik?love it
33. Do you drink tea or coffee? Any fav. types/flavours?peppermint tea (just pure peppermint, no real tea) and light roast coffees like breakfast blends, I have a keurig and a regular coffee maker
34. Scrappy or matchy matchy?scrappy
35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff?love it
36. How do you go about swap research? Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? notebookHow far will you look into your partner?find as many online resources as I can Do you pour over blogs/threads etc?yep
37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be?artsy, sporty (hockey), fun
38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? I don't want to offend anyone, but I found an awesome saying that goes with my partner's likes.sure
39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you?I cannot sew at all  Sad
40. If you were to receive something in a frame, any preferences about the frame?Sure, prefer wall hang frames
41. Do you like beachy things? like shells and stuff?no
42. How do you feel about dinosaurs?hubby loved em, I'm not that into em
43. If I were to make you something that you'd specified you wanted, and did it to the best of my ability - but to do it I had to learn a new craft - so it's not as good as an expert could do it - would you like it - or would you prefer me not to bother?don't bother
44.How do you feel about clothes or other things made of patchwork (collection of different color fabrics)?  Is one solid piece of fabric better? love patchwork
45.When thinking of a reveal, do you want a scavenger hunt type thing?  Or is it cool if I just put little post its all over your parcel?either is ok
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist: http://www.wists.com/tamalama

I love personal swaps, pm if interested!
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2013 04:20:58 PM »

Go easy on me swappers. Its my first time Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
SevsOnlyGirl
Swap Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator
Guest Blogger

« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2013 10:26:57 AM »

We have fifteen swappers so far with 10 days to go!  Are you all excited and ready to start stalking?!  I am!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2013 11:59:20 AM »

Thanks for the reminder, Sevs!

I, for one, have been ready to craft for this swap since I signed up-as is usually the case!  Roll Eyes

I love reading the second part of the questionnaires from everyone...nifty to see how alike/different we all are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Valuing a Sports Card Collection
How to Make Duct Tape Folders
Framed Silhouettes for Someone Special
How to Make a Pinata
How to Make Oil Cruets
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...