A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 304,755
Currently Running With Scissors:
719 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Rd. 8 (Signups 1/18-2/14; sendouts 3/20)  (Read 54217 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lindyv321
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

That is sooo Craftastic!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2013 12:10:03 PM »

Here is my part two...
1.   1.Would you be okay with a set of smaller items in place of one large item? Yes
2. Would it be okay to send a specific(expensive)crafting kit as a large item? Yes
3. What kind of music do you prefer? I like 90s music, pop/top 40, Country, Rock. A little of everything really!
4. Are you a planner or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants gal? I start with a plan but it usally just flys out the window at some point!
5. Do you have any favorite quotes? I like Mitch Hedberg quotes and Harry Potter quotes
6. If you could be world famous for one thing, what would you like it to be? I wish I could sing and dance
7. What are you currently reading? The Maze Runner Trilogy
8. What makes you laugh on TV? Girls on HBO, South Park, Friends.
9. What kind of games do you like and is there an image from a game you are particularly fond of? I dont play a lot of games.  I was really into Kingdom Hearts for a while and loved the Disney aspect of it but with kids, work, crafting, reading, etc I just dont have a lot of time for it.
10. What are your preferred letters and font for monograms? L, R, A, or another L since those represent myself, my honey, and my kidlets.  I dont have a preferred font.
11. Are you an only child? No, I have 3 brothers and 1 sister.  I am the oldest of them all and the only child from parents marrige. 
12. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon? Well if I have my kids and the weather is nice I like to sit outside in the sun and read while they run around and play.  If they are at their dads I like to do the same thing but maybe while drinking a beer!
13. Do you enjoy edibile treats as extras? If so; sweet, salty, spicy? Yes!  I like sweets and love spicy!  Hot salsa, jalepeno chips or nuts
14. Any piercings? Tattoos? Wierd hairstyles? I do have my nose peirced and 9 tattoos.  Because I have a professional job my hair is plain.  On the outside I look serious and professional but on the inside I have pink hair, full tattoo sleeves, and my lip peirced!
15. Are you a sports fan? If so, what? Also, what teams, individuals? I am an Arizona Cardinals fan.
16. What would you say your style is? Boring???  Is that a style?  I am pretty laid back and tend to wear work clothes to work, Yoga pants and at tank at home, and jeans and t-shirts when out and about.
17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat? I am COLD!  Even in the hot hot summers here I tend to get chilly.
18. Is it too late in the season to send outerwear? I dont get a lot of use out of outerwear here in AZ. 
19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why? Hmmm I dont really know.  Thats a hard one!
20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be? I used to really want to travel to Europe but I really hate flying so that may be out!  I am orginally from Montana and suppose that is really where I love to be.  I also love going to Ocean Beach in San Diego.
21. What did you want to be whe n you grew up? Could you see yourself doing that now? I wanted to be a teacher and yes I could still see myself doing it. 
22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? Any favorite movies? Would you enjoy crafts inspired by them? I like rom coms, comedies, scary movies, animated movies, dramas.  So I guess everything?  I would love crafts inspired by Harry Potter.
23. Would you be disappointed or happy to recieve a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft? I would be okay with that
24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name? I love toggles cause they are easy to put on but anything really works fine for me.
25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist? I would say my Pinterest
26. What are your favorite non-edible things to recieve if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras? I like little notebooks, nail polish, whimsies, and other random things I can put around my craft room.
27. Do you like practical only items that have a function? Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty? I love stuff!  I am okay with things that are usable or not so usable.  I have a whole craft room where I display a lot of different things I have received in swaps.  I have lots of different artwork in all mediums up there from a HUGE display of inchies to hoops, to paintings to bad word embroideries.  I also display lots of interesting little knicknacks and such on the 4 bookshelves I have in there.
28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large? I myself am truly happy with whatever someone wants to make me regardless of the sizes.  I know I usually come up with a long list of things to make then just go at it until its done.  It usually ends up being a mix of mediums and smalls rather than one huge thing.  Epsecially since the things I can do dont translate well into larges
29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer? My house is set like one HUGE great room with the living, dining, and kitchen area all together.  The walls are painted light brown and I have used dark browns, deep reds, and golds for accents.  My kitchen is decorated with chickens and roosters of the same colors.  The living room doesnt have much dcor beyond bookshelves and movie shelves.  I have shelf dedicated to Harry Potter, and one to turtles.  I would love to make one dedicated to Dia De Los Murtos with shrines and such.  My bedroom is decorated with Powell/Peralta skateboard decks featuring artwork from the 80s era of skating.  The craft room is as described above, lots and lots of stuff I love!
30. What kind of soaps do you like? Do you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing? I am more of a body wash kinda girl.
31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing? I like hoodies to be larger and shirts to be a bit more fitted.  So as for hoodies mens L/XL should work and for shirts womens XL and I prefer them to be on the longer side.
32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik? No thank you
33. Do you drink tea or coffee? Any fav. types/flavours?  I like both Coffee and Tea.  Coffee I always add flavored syrup and powdered creamer to and teas I like just about everything.
34. Scrappy or matchy matchy?  Matchy Matchy
35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff? I am fine with that as long as its clean!
36. How do you go about swap research? Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? How far will you look into your partner? Do you pour over blogs/threads etc?  I usually stalk Craftster and Pinterest/Wist.  If they have a blog I check that out too.  Then I make a list.
37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be? Clean, fun, and I cant think of a third!
38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? I don't want to offend anyone, but I found an awesome saying that goes with my partner's likes. I like things of adult nature! I find bad words and sayings hilarious when they are crafted into something that looks like my granny could have done it.  Just no nudity since I have kids. 
39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you? I can stuff and stich
40. If you were to receive something in a frame, any preferences about the frame? No gold frames please
41. Do you like beachy things? like shells and stuff? I like them but have no use for them in regards to the style of my house etc.
42. How do you feel about dinosaurs? Awesome!
43. If I were to make you something that you'd specified you wanted, and did it to the best of my ability - but to do it I had to learn a new craft - so it's not as good as an expert could do it - would you like it - or would you prefer me not to bother? I say go for it!!!!  Everything I have asked for or have pinned are open to interpretation.  If I wanted something perfect I would just buy it!
44.How do you feel about clothes or other things made of patchwork (collection of different color fabrics)?  Is one solid piece of fabric better? Solids work better for me in terms of clothing.  I woud like patchwork on other items though like bags and stuff.
45.When thinking of a reveal, do you want a scavenger hunt type thing?  Or is it cool if I just put little post its all over your parcel? Its up to you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

violetbellerophon
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2013 04:03:30 PM »

So very excited for this swap!!  Off to fill out the second questionairre tonight!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

saving my world one project at a time

http://pinterest.com/lolita226/
P_E_S_T

Toes wrapped in wool, fingers wrapped in clay

Hanging out in the woods

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2013 01:18:07 AM »

Hoooorah !!! Its my craftster one month birthday and so this is the first swap Im going to join up to !

Heres the questionnaire

1. Would you be okay with a set of smaller items in place of one large item? Yes of course xx

2. Would it be okay to send a specific(expensive)crafting kit as a large item? Id rather not have any craft stuff as I already have way too much

3. What kind of music do you prefer? Big powerful female voices, deep and meaningful ballads. Lots of hairbrush singing goes on in this house

4. Are you a planner or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants gal? I think Im a good blend. I will take the time to think about what Im going to produce but then I just go for it. Im not frightened of mistakes because they often make the piece

5. Do you have any favorite quotes? "Every moment is a gift, look after it before you pass it on"

6. If you could be world famous for one thing, what would you like it to be? Making a mess Smiley

7. What are you currently reading? I love a good crime book, but also anything that takes me on a journey through someones life

8. What makes you laugh on TV? we dont have a tv

9. What kind of games do you like and is there an image from a game you are particularly fond of? Hmmmm Im not a massive game fan. Though my children love really little simple games. We have a great one with a crow and a bag of fruit, you roll the dice and gather the fruit - but if the dice shows up a crow he moves one step up the rung - if he gets to the basket of fruit before its all been gathered "we" lose. I love team playing for the children

10. What are your preferred letters and font for monograms? I like my full name - long personal journy to reclaim "liking it" so - Jolene much better than initials. And I like anything that looks handwritten or scripted

11. Are you an only child? I was until my father remarried, I now have a step brother and a half brother and a half sister. Im the eldest by a long shot though (and of course that makes me the best Wink )

12. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon? If Im not geocaching with the family, I will be sitting making a mess with a variety of stuff I have hoodwinked from the charity shop

13. Do you enjoy edibile treats as extras? If so; sweet, salty, spicy? I have such a sweet tooth !!! Though Im very into healthy foods, so any recipes greatfully recieved

14. Any piercings? Tattoos? Wierd hairstyles? HAHAHA !!! All three, they are what makes me. I have a very large tattoo on my back - which is my personal exploration of the feminine, I have a dragon on my cleavage (oooerrr), I have a lip piercing and scaffolding (a bar accross the top of my ear) I often have bright pink hair, and when Im letting the bleach rest I have it dark purple. !

15. Are you a sports fan? If so, what? Also, what teams, individuals? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

16. What would you say your style is? Unique, I love bright colours, Im very much a summer wardrobe as opposed to spring. I love long and floaty and definately quirky. I like to stand out. Im not punky and not Hippy but probably something in between

17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat? Always Always cold

18. Is it too late in the season to send outerwear? Never to late. I live in England grrrrr If you are making hats though - I have a large head - err on the side of mens sizes for me.

19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why? all three, Im a psychotherapist and so I aim to be that which I ask my clients to be. I would call it a fully rounded thinker, I think bearing all of me in mind (past present and future) is essential for me to make the healthiest choices in life

20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be? I so want to travel, I yearn to be sitting in a tribe up some mountain far away from civilisation with a bunch of native women teaching me their crafts.

21. What did you want to be whe n you grew up? Could you see yourself doing that now? I wanted to be a teacher, and though I didnt get to that, I work with lots of teenagers and am infact mentoring an 18 year old now. I have discovered that its less about teaching and more about inspiring and being taught by the other.

22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? Any favorite movies? Would you enjoy crafts inspired by them? We dont have a tv and am not really a cinema girl

23. Would you be disappointed or happy to recieve a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft? If it was a set that obviously went together that would be cool,

24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name? necklace - hook, braclets a screw end

25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist? I dont have a wist but my pinterest is on my signature. This questionnaire says more about me personally and lets you have a window into my being - my pinterest gives you a good idea about what makes my heart sing

26. What are your favorite non-edible things to recieve if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras? Buttons buttons buttons - I love love love love buttons and beads, anything a bit quirky and unique
27. Do you like practical only items that have a function? Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty? I really will love anything - apart from ornaments, Im not an ornament type of girl.

28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large? For sure xx

29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer? Ok so - the garden....... anything brightly coloured and weather proof. The Kitchen, blues and greens, the bathroom - seashore colours, naturals, the lounge -  naturals, the bedroom - purples, turquoise

30. What kind of soaps do you like? Do you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing? Not fussed really

31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing? definatly fit loose, Im on a major diet at the moment so will need to be able to draw string in, or funk up with a belt

32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik? not a great lover of either

33. Do you drink tea or coffee? Any fav. types/flavours? I dont drink any hot drinks Sad

34. Scrappy or matchy matchy? Scrappy for sure, though not tatty

35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff?LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE !!!

36. How do you go about swap research? Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? How far will you look into your partner? Do you pour over blogs/threads etc? This is my first swap !!!! But I will most definately snoop into my partners life, I will love it !

37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be?Genourous, earth mother, quirky

38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? I don't want to offend anyone, but I found an awesome saying that goes with my partner's likes. Id prefer not to - i have 2 small children

39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you? I think Id rather get something ready done Smiley I will never make the time to finish it.

40. If you were to receive something in a frame, any preferences about the frame? Not plain, a bit of sequins, fabric etc is always nice

41. Do you like beachy things? like shells and stuff? Great for my bathroom which is "roman bath" themed

42. How do you feel about dinosaurs? TO be honest, the last time I met one they were really rude to me so Id give them a wide birth next time

43. If I were to make you something that you'd specified you wanted, and did it to the best of my ability - but to do it I had to learn a new craft - so it's not as good as an expert could do it - would you like it - or would you prefer me not to bother? Of course I would like it !!!! We make something and pour love out of our fingers, I would be daft to reject that kind of warmth Smiley

44.How do you feel about clothes or other things made of patchwork (collection of different color fabrics)?  Is one solid piece of fabric better? Im going off wearing patchwork, though I do like clothes that have swatches or pools of different material on them to accent them.

45.When thinking of a reveal, do you want a scavenger hunt type thing?  Or is it cool if I just put little post its all over your parcel? Oooo i dont know, Im going to be so over excited when I recieve it !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/kaydensmumm/

LATEST project - I'm compiling a "handed down" recipes boom and so if I get you in a swap, would you be so kind to find a recipe from your childhood. type it up - if you want to decorate, then please do :

There was a woman who felted
And felted all day long
DaphadillyArt

derp

...epic...

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2013 10:19:55 AM »

1. Would you be okay with a set of smaller items in place of one large item? yes
2. Would it be okay to send a specific(expensive)crafting kit as a large item? yes
3. What kind of music do you prefer?everything except techno
4. Are you a planner or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants gal? a bit of both
5. Do you have any favorite quotes? Fate does not seek our consent. Terry Goodkind
6. If you could be world famous for one thing, what would you like it to be? I would love to be an author even though I don't write
7. What are you currently reading? school books! LOL
8. What makes you laugh on TV? adult cartoons on fox on sunday nights
9. What kind of games do you like and is there an image from a game you are particularly fond of? FFXIV skyrim
10. What are your preferred letters and font for monograms?MJCL or Just L
11. Are you an only child?no
12. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon? crafting
13. Do you enjoy edibile treats as extras? If so; sweet, salty, spicy? sweet/salty
14. Any piercings? Tattoos? Wierd hairstyles? 4 tattoos
15. Are you a sports fan? If so, what? Also, what teams, individuals?no
16. What would you say your style is?bohemian/preppy/rock
17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat?overheat
18. Is it too late in the season to send outerwear?no but nothing too warm. we've only had 2weeks of cold weather so far
19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why?present/future
20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be? I loved Korea I want to explore Europe
21. What did you want to be whe n you grew up? Could you see yourself doing that now? I'm going to school to be a teacher
22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? Any favorite movies? Would you enjoy crafts inspired by them? SLC Punk, Pride and Pedjudice, Say Anything
23. Would you be disappointed or happy to recieve a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft? happy I'm not picky
24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name? lobster claw
25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist?I'd say both
26. What are your favorite non-edible things to recieve if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras? stitch markers, counters, beads, buttons
27. Do you like practical only items that have a function? Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty? function or mix
28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large? sure
29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer? doesn't matter, our home is neutral
Kitchen:Living room:Craft room:Bedroom
30. What kind of soaps do you like? Do you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing? moisturizing
31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing? big
32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik? love batik
33. Do you drink tea or coffee? Any fav. types/flavours? love coffee, not flavored
34. Scrappy or matchy matchy? scrappy
35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff? LOVE
36. How do you go about swap research? Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? How far will you look into your partner? Do you pour over blogs/threads etc? I stalk my partner and make a list
37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be? bohemian/preppy/punk/geek.... and apparently cheater Wink
38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? I don't want to offend anyone, but I found an awesome saying that goes with my partner's likes. not my style
39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you? unless it's huge I'd prefer you did it
40. If you were to receive something in a frame, any preferences about the frame? Silver!
41. Do you like beachy things? like shells and stuff? like
42. How do you feel about dinosaurs? they are ok
43. If I were to make you something that you'd specified you wanted, and did it to the best of my ability - but to do it I had to learn a new craft - so it's not as good as an expert could do it - would you like it - or would you prefer me not to bother? I would love it but do not feel obligated. I tried to include both knit and crochet projects for this reason
44.How do you feel about clothes or other things made of patchwork (collection of different color fabrics)?  Is one solid piece of fabric better? I like
45.When thinking of a reveal, do you want a scavenger hunt type thing?  Or is it cool if I just put little post its all over your parcel?not sure what this means.. do what makes you happy!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013 12:51:20 PM by DaphadillyArt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"She's a mess of gorgeous chaos and you can see it in her eyes"
"Every time I make art some do-gooder teacher sends it to a therapist" -Bart Simpson
Hoopla- RTS
Mug rug- Crafting
TM- partnered
violetbellerophon
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2013 10:53:36 AM »

1. Would you be okay with a set of smaller items in place of one large item? Ummm yes I prefer it actually
2. Would it be okay to send a specific(expensive)crafting kit as a large item? sure
3. What kind of music do you prefer? I like all kinds of music except Rap
4. Are you a planner or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants gal?  Oh the seat of my pants has been flying on the main mast for eternity.
5. Do you have any favorite quotes? Not all who wander are lost ~Tolkein
6. If you could be world famous for one thing, what would you like it to be?  Either an artist, or a writer
7. What are you currently reading? The Dark Tower series ~Stephen King
8. What makes you laugh on TV? The snark and humor on Supernatural
9. What kind of games do you like and is there an image from a game you are particularly fond of? Card games- hearts, Rummy, solitaire, etc
10. What are your preferred letters and font for monograms? I like old style fonts similar to calligraphy. My initials are LSL the hubs are JLL
11. Are you an only child? Nope, I have a younger brother
12. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon? Reading and painting or napping
13. Do you enjoy edibile treats as extras? If so; sweet, salty, spicy?  Yeppers- sweet and salty
14. Any piercings? Tattoos? Wierd hairstyles? Nah, though I recently dyed my hair an eggplant/auburn color
15. Are you a sports fan? If so, what? Also, what teams, individuals? Nah, Im not into sports at all
16. What would you say your style is? Steampunk/Quirky/Antiquey
17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat? Always cold
18. Is it too late in the season to send outerwear? yes
19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why? I stay in the present, the past holds nothing but hurt, and the future is a mystery to me.
20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be? Scotland, the land of myth and magic
21. What did you want to be whe n you grew up? Could you see yourself doing that now? A mom- I am doing it everyday all day long
22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? Any favorite movies? Would you enjoy crafts inspired by them? The Labyrinth, Hellboy,  Purple Rain, Underworld, and yes, you can craft from any of them
23. Would you be disappointed or happy to recieve a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft? Either way is fine with me, Im easy to please
24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name? any and all of the above
25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist? I dont have a wist try my pinterest.
26. What are your favorite non-edible things to recieve if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras? Bits and pieces like watch pieces or watch faces, little springs, goofy stuff like that makes me smile
27. Do you like practical only items that have a function? Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty?  I like a good mix of both, though Im a practical kind of girl, I love pretties too!
28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large? Im good with whatever
29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer?
Kitchen: Deep Red,  Living room: Deep Red or Turquise Craft room: Purple Bedroom: grey or silver
30. What kind of soaps do you like? Do you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing? I prefer citrus scents or something astringent like tea tree or rosemary.  Something moisturizing is always good
31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing? A bit big would be fine, Im good friends with my sewing machine
32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik? Tie dye not so much I love the look of batik, but wouldnt wear it
33. Do you drink tea or coffee? Any fav. types/flavours? I drink tea all the time, but its southern sweet tea Coffe is a rarity, but I enjoy it on occasion. Vanilla, caramel, or nut flavors are my favorite
34. Scrappy or matchy matchy? Scrappy
35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff? Yea for recycling and upcycling!
36. How do you go about swap research? Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? How far will you look into your partner? Do you pour over blogs/threads etc?  Im a lister, and Im always happy when Im digging deep
37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be? Jeans and T,  Steampunk, classy cowgirl
38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? I don't want to offend anyone, but I found an awesome saying that goes with my partner's likes. I would LOVE it
39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you? Finish it, I suck at hand work!
40. If you were to receive something in a frame, any preferences about the frame? nope
41. Do you like beachy things? like shells and stuff? Nah even though I was a mermaid in my former life
42. How do you feel about dinosaurs? Theyre fun to put in my terrariums
43. If I were to make you something that you'd specified you wanted, and did it to the best of my ability - but to do it I had to learn a new craft - so it's not as good as an expert could do it - would you like it - or would you prefer me not to bother? I like all sorts of things, most of which are rarely finished44.How do you feel about clothes or other things made of patchwork (collection of different color fabrics)?  Is one solid piece of fabric better? No patchwork for me please
45.When thinking of a reveal, do you want a scavenger hunt type thing?  Or is it cool if I just put little post its all over your parcel? I love a good hunt and find
THIS ROCKS   Logged

saving my world one project at a time

http://pinterest.com/lolita226/
deathbeforedishes
Embroidery Addict

She believed she could, so she did.

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2013 11:19:18 AM »

As soon as I have a swap spot open, I am totally jumping in on this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/leilaninaomi/

5/50 2014 Projects
53/50 2013 Projects (woohoo!!!)
I do personal swaps!
Cheesy
chughes225
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2013 02:37:33 PM »

This swap sounds like alot of fun.  I might have to join if I can get my iyp packages done first Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2013 04:49:49 PM »

Ok, we're up to 13 swappers!  YAY!

I'm also still looking for a co-organiser, pm me if you're interested! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kansas96
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2013 06:38:58 PM »

1. Would you be okay with a set of smaller items in place of one large item? Yes
2. Would it be okay to send a specific(expensive)crafting kit as a large item? Yes
3. What kind of music do you prefer? Anything
4. Are you a planner or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants gal? I'm in between
5. Do you have any favorite quotes?
    "Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." - The Wizard of Oz
   You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? Thats where Ill always love you. Thats where Ill be waiting. ― J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
6. If you could be world famous for one thing, what would you like it to be? Being an archaeologist
7. What are you currently reading? The I am number Four series
8. What makes you laugh on TV? The tv show Psych
9. What kind of games do you like and is there an image from a game you are particularly fond of? I like Monopoly
10. What are your preferred letters and font for monograms? KH in BrownBagLunch
11. Are you an only child? No, I have a younger sister who is 10.
12. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon? Watching movies
13. Do you enjoy edibile treats as extras? Yes
   If so; sweet, salty, spicy? Any type is fine.
14. Any piercings? Tattoos? Wierd hairstyles?  No
15. Are you a sports fan? If so, what? No Also, what teams, individuals?
16. What would you say your style is? T-shirts and jeans
17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat? I'm warm most the time
18. Is it too late in the season to send outerwear? No
19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why? I am a present and future thinker, because I think of now and later
20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be? London
21. What did you want to be when you grew up? Could you see yourself doing that now?
I wanted to be a cook. No I see myself being more of an archaeologist.
22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? Action Any favorite movies? Jurassic park
Would you enjoy crafts inspired by them? Yes
23. Would you be disappointed or happy to recieve a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft? I would be fine with it.
24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name? I am fine with any clasp, or if it is easier it doesn't have to have one
25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist? My pintrest. http://pinterest.com/kansaslee/pins/
26. What are your favorite non-edible things to recieve if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras? Scrap booking paper, stickers, extra material, yarn, anything avengers, stamps, books I will read just about anything, a bag, or a pillow.
27. Do you like practical only items that have a function?No  Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Yes  Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty? Yeah
28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large? Yes I would be okay with it.
29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer? Blue, Purple, and Yellow
Kitchen:Living room:Craft room:Bedroom
30. What kind of soaps do you like? I have sensitive skin, so I would prefur not to get any soap. Do you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing?
31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing? I'd rather it be a bit big.
32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik? I am fine with it.
33. Do you drink tea or coffee? Yes both of them. Any fav. types/flavours? As long as it isn't pumpkin I am fine.
34. Scrappy or matchy matchy? Scrappy
35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff? That's fine.
36. How do you go about swap research? Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? I haven't done a swap before but I was going to look at his/her questionnaire, then take a look at their pintrest/wist, taking notes as I see things they might like. How far will you look into your partner? Do you pour over blogs/threads etc? I might.
37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be? Simple, creative, and funny
38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? I don't want to offend anyone, but I found an awesome saying that goes with my partner's likes.  I would be okay with it.
39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you? I can do it.
40. If you were to receive something in a frame, any preferences about the frame? No
41. Do you like beachy things? like shells and stuff? Yes
42. How do you feel about dinosaurs? I would be very excited to get a dinosaur
43. If I were to make you something that you'd specified you wanted, and did it to the best of my ability - but to do it I had to learn a new craft - so it's not as good as an expert could do it - would you like it - or would you prefer me not to bother? I would like it.
44.How do you feel about clothes or other things made of patchwork (collection of different color fabrics)?  Is one solid piece of fabric better?  Either or is fine with me.
45.When thinking of a reveal, do you want a scavenger hunt type thing?  Or is it cool if I just put little post its all over your parcel? You can do whatever you like.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nolansmomster

Yes. I am THAT mom.

« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2013 08:44:22 PM »

This sounds so awesome! I am sending out the last bits of two swaps in the morning, and I will let myself sign up for this after those are off my plate. Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Oven Baked Round Steak and Rich Gravy Recipe
Red Cinnamon Dinner Apples Recipe
Fiesta Corn Relish Recipe
Baked Chicken with Sour Cream Gravy Recipe
Best Ever Oven Baked Tuna Casserole Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...