A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,127
Currently Running With Scissors:
512 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Rd. 8 (Signups 1/18-2/14; sendouts 3/20)  (Read 51257 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

J_Kieviet
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2013 08:00:05 PM »

I can't wait till we get our "person of interest", can't wait to start researching:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2013 12:32:15 PM »

I just sent in my info!  Loved the previous rounds Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kansas96
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2013 12:34:00 PM »

I can't wait till we find out who are partners are.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2013 03:07:48 PM »

Will be joining in the near future this swap is a favorite of mine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2013 02:51:28 AM »

I have just sent my questionaire...some very cool people signed up to this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

p.kok
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2013 02:57:51 AM »

I can't wait for this this to start:) In the meantime, I'm going to pin a lot, so my detective will have a lot to detect:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2013 07:34:26 AM »

all right, one questionnaire sent.  now to play hockey, come home, and fill out round two. Smiley

1. Would you be okay with a set of smaller items in place of one large item?sure
2. Would it be okay to send a specific(expensive)crafting kit as a large item?no thank you
3. What kind of music do you prefer?punk, jazz,rock, old school rap, most music, quirky indie bands..... not country or current hip hop/rap.
4. Are you a planner or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants gal? i plan to fly by the seat of my pants, but i tend to make it up as i go
5. Do you have any favorite quotes?"Don't put your trust in revolutions. They always come around again. That's why they're called revolutions. People die, and nothing changes."
-- (Terry Pratchett, Night Watch)

"we are an idea in the process
of being realized" Shane Koyczan

6. If you could be world famous for one thing, what would you like it to be? inventing the transporter
7. What are you currently reading? a terry pratchett short fiction collection and the new leonard choen biography
8. What makes you laugh on TV? community,the news (cause if you dont laugh, youll go mad) 30 rock
9. What kind of games do you like and is there an image from a game you are particularly fond of?games i play- angry birds, plants vs zombies, the boys play it all, image wise i like old skool,  8 bit mario, if something lemmings or bubble bobble were to show up i wouldnt have to do the dishes for months! Wink board we play a lot of uno, dominos and cribbage
10. What are your preferred letters and font for monograms? font- not picky but no comic sans  Cheesy  letters.  d, s, f  or k-u
11. Are you an only child?no. i have a younger sister
12. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon?hammock+beer+book. or wandering around a strange place with my boys.
13. Do you enjoy edibile treats as extras? If so; sweet, salty, spicy?salty, spicy. caramel. lemony.  not a huge chocolate fan.
14. Any piercings? Tattoos? Wierd hairstyles?yep, yep yep. ears pierced 4 times one side 5 the other, i have a purple apatosaurus on my left arm, a quote from a poem in my grandfathers writing on my left calf and a canadian flag on my right ankle, my hair style is not odd. a jaw length swing bob.  but my highlights are bright blue.
15. Are you a sports fan? sure If so, what? hockey fan.Also, what teams, individuals? all levels. montreal canadians NHL. also we watch some soccer. a lot of curling, crashed ice, and the cross event ski and board. in the we do sports rather than watch, soccer, and kayak and dragon boat.
16. What would you say your style is?personal style... hmm. jeans tshirt and hoody, tho there is a 50s vixen hiding just under the surface who wants to bust out the rockabilly look
17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat?i tend to have cold hands, but am pretty temperate
18. Is it too late in the season to send outerwear?not for canada
19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why?
20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be?travel- everywhere!!i want to see it, eat it and experience it all. live- where i am its a good size, nice community and close to all the exciting things i may want to do.
21. What did you want to be whe n you grew up?a vet Could you see yourself doing that now?nope.
22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? we dont watch a lot of moviesAny favorite movies? the breakfast club, princess bride, empire recordsWould you enjoy crafts inspired by them?sure
23. Would you be disappointed or happy to recieve a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft?i think as long as all the items are crafted to the best of your ability and with thought to me and my preferences im not picky
24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name? no prefernce
25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist?pinterest
26. What are your favorite non-edible things to recieve if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras?fabric, fat quarters
27. Do you like practical only items that have a function?yes, mostly Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? mmm really like functionality, Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty?not so much
28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large?i suppose?
29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer?
Kitchen:yellows and grey Living room:yellow and greyCraft room:anything goes! its a light blue mix and match of awesomeBedroomdk grey and greyish blue
30. What kind of soaps do you like? cold process over glycerinDo you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing?as long as it isnt overly sweet smelling i like it all. soap with gritty bits in is great for garden season too
31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing?big but adjustable
32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik?depends on what for but over all. im a fan.
33. Do you drink tea or coffee? coffee junkie, occasional teaAny fav. types/flavours?we drink a fair trade organic dark roast for a local roastery. tea is green or chai
34. Scrappy or matchy matchy? scrapppppy!!!
35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff?clean and in good shape ok.
36. How do you go about swap research? Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? im a list maker, i have project books i will write down 1235 ideas and whittle it down.back and forth over questionnaire and pinterest/wist How far will you look into your partner? no further than available information.  maybe ill look over a past swap or two.  see what sort of comments are made.Do you pour over blogs/threads etc?no obsessively no.
37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be?classic, quirky, comfy
38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? I don't want to offend anyone, but I found an awesome saying that goes with my partner's likes. heck yeah! puns, swears, off colour.  as long as it isnt mean, or racist.  but if you look at my pinterest you should see swearing is aok.
39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you?sure thing.
40. If you were to receive something in a frame, any preferences about the frame?nope. all mix and match crazy eclectic here
41. Do you like beachy things? like shells and stuff?not really
42. How do you feel about dinosaurs?[i have one tattooed on my arm.  and someday will incorporate him into my personal coat of arms. i am a fan of dinosaurs. apatosaurus, stegosaurus, pterodactyl, we like dinos
43. If I were to make you something that you'd specified you wanted, and did it to the best of my ability - but to do it I had to learn a new craft - so it's not as good as an expert could do it - would you like it - or would you prefer me not to bother?go for it. best of our ability is all any of us can give.  and youll never get better if you dont try. Smiley
44.How do you feel about clothes or other things made of patchwork (collection of different color fabrics)?  Is one solid piece of fabric better?solids for me
45.When thinking of a reveal, do you want a scavenger hunt type thing?  Or is it cool if I just put little post its all over your parcel?whatever works for you. if at the end of crafting you just dont have the umph to be wacky and creative, dont stress it. if you want me to work for my knowledge. put it in a word search, make it a challenge thats ok too
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013 10:32:32 AM by sloth003 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
DaphadillyArt

derp

...epic...

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2013 08:09:42 AM »

one more day until my 30day mark! Can't wait to get in on this one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"She's a mess of gorgeous chaos and you can see it in her eyes"
"Every time I make art some do-gooder teacher sends it to a therapist" -Bart Simpson
IYP- plotting
Movie/TV- signing up!
sewmess

Even Mini crafts!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2013 12:00:44 PM »

Okay - I may have to do this...I love stalking learning about people.

Keeping it in my mind.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Reclaiming my Crafting heritage one stitch at a time.
Whistley

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2013 12:04:42 PM »

OK Friends. Here is part 2 for Whistley!

1. Would you be okay with a set of smaller items in place of one large item? sure
2. Would it be okay to send a specific (expensive) crafting kit as a large item? Probably not.
3. What kind of music do you prefer? Harry Connick Jr., Stevie Wonder, Disney songs (I have 4 little kids)
4. Are you a planner or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants gal? Both! I plan and plan and plan but when it comes down to getting things done who knows what Ill actually do.
5. Do you have any favorite quotes? Anything from the Princess Bride. There are a ton of quotes on my Pinterest words board
6. If you could be world famous for one thing, what would you like it to be? Being kind
7. What are you currently reading?  Sherlock Holmes (I'm serious!)
8. What makes you laugh on TV? Psych & Big Bang Theory
9. What kind of games do you like and is there an image from a game you are particularly fond of? I dont get to play many games other than with the kiddos. I am a fan of old school Nintendo Bubble Bobble, Mario etc.
10. What are your preferred letters and font for monograms? Preferred letters E +M (not really a monogram kinda gal) Font anything fun
11. Are you an only child? Nope oldest of 8 (blended families)
12. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon? With the whole family just spending time together unplugged (no technology). Alone knitting needles in hand watching a good movie (we can add in the arms of my hubby but then Im not really alone...)
13. Do you enjoy edibile treats as extras? If so; sweet, salty, spicy? Sure sweet. Always sweet.
14. Any piercings? Tattoos? Wierd hairstyles? My ears are pierced one hole per ear. Im pretty tame.
15. Are you a sports fan? If so, what? Also, what teams, individuals? Not really. My husbee doesnt like to watch sports with me because of the running commentary...
16. What would you say your style is? Fun
17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat? I wouldnt say that Im cold all the time but I do like to snuggle up in blankets etc. to get warm
18. Is it too late in the season to send outerwear? nope
19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why? Im a past thinker but Im working to change that. Im trying to be more of a present thinker... letting go of things from the past
20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be? Id like to live inside Disneyland. Tongue
21. What did you want to be when you grew up? Could you see yourself doing that now? I wanted to be a psychologist. I cant see myself doing anything other than mommy-ing right now because its my favorite thing.
22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? Any favorite movies? Would you enjoy crafts inspired by them? I would love things inspired by my favorite movies. I love, love, LOVE the Princess Bride (Im hoping to host a round 4 of the Princess Bride swap later this year). I also am head over heels for the Disney/Pixar movie UP! . In general I like fun movies, love Disney, and am a sucker for a good chick flick.
23. Would you be disappointed or happy to recieve a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft? Im happy to receive anything well made and made with love. If its all one type of craft then thats great.
24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name? I like Lobster claws but not for any particular reason
25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist? My Pinterest (although it may be overwhelming perhaps start with my questionnaire, then my Craftster profile, then my Pinterest.)
26. What are your favorite non-edible things to recieve if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras? I can always use stitch markers (I guess that could be crafted) and sharpies.
27. Do you like practical only items that have a function? Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty? I like practical items best but am not at all opposed to knickknacks.
28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large? yes
29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer? No real preferences here.
30. What kind of soaps do you like? Do you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing? Just nothing too scented.
31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing? Big but adjustable
32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik? Not a huge fan
33. Do you drink tea or coffee? Any fav. types/flavours? I dont drink either.
34. Scrappy or matchy matchy? Scrappy
35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff? As long as its clean it's great
36. How do you go about swap research? Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? How far will you look into your partner? Do you pour over blogs/threads etc? Im a pretty thorough researcher. I pour over blogs/threads etc. Then I write lists; tons and tons of lists. Then I draw pictures all over those lists.
37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be? Fun, Comfy, Cute
38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? I don't want to offend anyone, but I found an awesome saying that goes with my partner's likes. Please no. I have little ones and Im not a fan of adult/mature themes myself.
39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you? If you dont stuff it for me theres no telling if it will be done at all unless its something easy like a pillow.
40. If you were to receive something in a frame, any preferences about the frame? Just not gaudy.
41. Do you like beachy things? like shells and stuff? Not really
42. How do you feel about dinosaurs? Rawr. Dinos are great.
43. If I were to make you something that you'd specified you wanted, and did it to the best of my ability - but to do it I had to learn a new craft - so it's not as good as an expert could do it - would you like it - or would you prefer me not to bother? Go for it!
44. How do you feel about clothes or other things made of patchwork (collection of different color fabrics)?  Is one solid piece of fabric better? Patchwork is great
45.When thinking of a reveal, do you want a scavenger hunt type thing?  Or is it cool if I just put little post its all over your parcel? I have no preference. Whatever works best for you is great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear Stylish Belts
How to Wear Scarves in New York
How to Wear Wellies
How to Wear a Knit Hat
How to Wear Hats in New York
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...