A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,034
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Rd. 8 (Signups 1/18-2/14; sendouts 3/20)  (Read 50896 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2013 11:41:17 AM »

1. Would you be okay with a set of smaller items in place of one large item?Sure.
2. Would it be okay to send a specific(expensive)crafting kit as a large item?Not really, I have a lot of that kind of stuff already, but not enough time to take and try it.
3. What kind of music do you prefer?  All kinds, really.  Rap, dance, heavy metal...Depends on what kind of mood I'm in.
4. Are you a planner or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants gal? OMG, such a planner!  I used to think I was spontaneous, but I am SO not.
5. Do you have any favorite quotes?Yes, the ones I have in my Craftster signature.
6. If you could be world famous for one thing, what would you like it to be?Charity.
7. What are you currently reading?Hee-hee.  A book about marriage and divorce that I got at the dollar store, titled:  What Were You Thinking?!
8. What makes you laugh on TV?  'The Big Bang Theory'!  The old 'Office' episodes, before Michael left.
9. What kind of games do you like and is there an image from a game you are particularly fond of?  Scrabble, Letris (on my Kindle).  No image that I particularly like.
10. What are your preferred letters and font for monograms?  BMS
11. Are you an only child?No.
12. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon?At the park with my girls and their friends, talking with their friends' mom.  That's how I've spent every summer Thursday afternoon for two years!  Also, visiting my son at his dorm in Brooklyn.  Taking a nap.  Crocheting.  Watching TV.
13. Do you enjoy edibile treats as extras? If so; sweet, salty, spicy?  No edible treats please.
14. Any piercings? Tattoos? Wierd hairstyles?  I have two piercings in each ear.  A rainbow/my name tattoo on my left shoulder, a large Dia de los Muertos tattoo in the middle of my back, a fairy sitting on a cloud on my lower back with the words 'Faith', 'Hope', and 'Serenity' underneath, on my outside left ankle I have a ball of orange yarn in a heart shape with a crochet hook going thru it, and on my inside left ankle a vine with three ladybugs (representing my three children), on my right foot I have a pink seashell surrounded by three sea turtles (again, to represent my three children) with three hearts (again, the children),and the word 'Ohana', on my right outer ankle I have a tattoo of the Tootsie Roll owl.  All my tattoos have meaning behind them.
15. Are you a sports fan? If so, what? Also, what teams, individuals?Not really into watching sports.  Too fat and lazy to play, but enjoy playing soccer, hockey, and swimming.
16. What would you say your style is?  Eclectic, cozy, homey, lived in.
17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat?OMG, ALWAYS HOT!!!!!
18. Is it too late in the season to send outerwear?If you send in March, yes, it will be too late.
19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why?Mostly a past thinker, which is a habit I need to break.  Then I would say future, b/c of my children and the fact I'm a teacher, I always need to plan ahead.  Then a present thinker.
20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be?Glad you asked! Smiley  I've always wanted to go to Hawaii on vacation.  My 40th birthday is 1/31 and supposedly DH's gift to me will be a trip to Hawaii in August.  I don't really believe it will happen, but I guess I'll see.  I also have wanted to go to the 'World's Largest Garage Sale' that runs thru several southern states, one of them being Tennessee, I think.  I hope to travel across the US in a RV once DH and I retire.  
21. What did you want to be whe n you grew up? Could you see yourself doing that now?I've wanted to be an astronaut, artist, and teacher ever since I can remember.  I have been teaching for over 15 years, and consider myself an artist with the crafting I do.  I no longer have any interest in being an astronaut.  Smiley
22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? Any favorite movies? Would you enjoy crafts inspired by them?  I love 'The Devil Wears Prada', 'The Blind Side', and to go oldschool, 'Trading Places' with Eddie Murphy and Dan Akroyd.
23. Would you be disappointed or happy to recieve a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft?As long as my partner puts real effort, time, and thoughtfulness into whatever he/she sends, I will be happy with it.
24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name?Whatever kind, it doesn't matter.
25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist?My profile, my wist, and then my preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'questionnaire...probably') in that order.
26. What are your favorite non-edible things to recieve if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras?Please check my Craftster profile.  There's all info. there pertaining to my likes/wants/themes, etc...
27. Do you like practical only items that have a function? Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty?A mix would probably be good.  I'm running out of room for knick-knacks, and have no room for storage to rotate them, unfortunately.
28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large?As I said before, as long as thoughtfulness, effort, and time is put into what is sent to me, I will be fine with it.
29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer? Orange, orange/white, turquoise/choc. brown, tan/pink/creme.
Kitchen:Living room:Craft room:Bedroom
30. What kind of soaps do you like? Do you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing?I really never thought about it.  I know that I like the kind that lather well.  I've received homemade soaps in the past that didn't lather and although I appreciated the effort, I need the lather.
31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing?No clothes, please.  It's hard enough to find things that fit with me being able to see my own body, let alone someone who has never seen me.
32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik?Awesome.
33. Do you drink tea or coffee? Any fav. types/flavours?I drink tea, coffee occassionally, but I have enough at the moment.
34. Scrappy or matchy matchy?Scrappy all the way, baby!  Smiley
35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff?As long as it is clean, I am fine with it.
36. How do you go about swap research? Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? How far will you look into your partner? Do you pour over blogs/threads etc?I have a craft notebook that is just for the swaps I am in.  I take notes off the person's questionnaire, then look at his/her wist/Pinterest, then the profile, then look at the images and messages posted by that person.
37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be?Tailored, but eclectic with accessories.  Comfortable, definitely.  Usually casual.
38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? I don't want to offend anyone, but I found an awesome saying that goes with my partner's likes. I have kids that are young, and a small apartment.  I don't mind adult themes, but they can't be seeing them, so no.
39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you?You do it for me.  If you send it to me unstuffed, it could be years before I get to filling it and stitching it up!
40. If you were to receive something in a frame, any preferences about the frame?No preferences.
41. Do you like beachy things? like shells and stuff? I LOVE beachy things!  Shells, sand dollars, sea glass, beautiful photos....
42. How do you feel about dinosaurs?Uh...no, not really.
43. If I were to make you something that you'd specified you wanted, and did it to the best of my ability - but to do it I had to learn a new craft - so it's not as good as an expert could do it - would you like it - or would you prefer me not to bother?Again, the effort, time, and thoughtfulness thing...
44.How do you feel about clothes or other things made of patchwork (collection of different color fabrics)?  Is one solid piece of fabric better?PATCHWORK! Smiley
45.When thinking of a reveal, do you want a scavenger hunt type thing?  Or is it cool if I just put little post its all over your parcel?If you reveal yourself in the card inside the package, that would be great!  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
p.kok
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2013 12:31:51 PM »

1. Would you be okay with a set of smaller items in place of one large item? Yes, but I prefer large items:)
2. Would it be okay to send a specific(expensive)crafting kit as a large item? I don't want a crafting kit. I dont need new hobbies.
3. What kind of music do you prefer? Mostly rock music. Here is my last.fm profile: http://www.last.fm/user/fenchurch_
4. Are you a planner or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants gal? Trying to plan things ahead, but usually fail and improvise later Smiley
5. Do you have any favorite quotes? All quotes by Julia Child or Douglas Adams. also There is a crack in everything, thats how the light gets in by Leonard Cohen
6. If you could be world famous for one thing, what would you like it to be? Probably writing or cake decorating Smiley or writing a book about cake decorating
7. What are you currently reading? Im in-between books, but I just read The statistical probability of love at first sight. Probably going to start with something by Terry Pratchett next.
8. What makes you laugh on TV? Lots of different things. Im easily amused Smiley 
9. What kind of games do you like and is there an image from a game you are particularly fond of? Im not a fan of computer games. I do like some board games like settlers of Catan.
10. What are your preferred letters and font for monograms? I have none. I like Helvetica, though:)
11. Are you an only child? No, a middle child (have a brother and a sister).
12. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon? Walk with dog and fianc then some hot chocolate and watching TV all cuddled together.
13. Do you enjoy edibile treats as extras? If so; sweet, salty, spicy? Anything with chocolate.
14. Any piercings? Tattoos? Wierd hairstyles? I have a small Kurt Halsey tattoo (of a cat), I also plan to get one with a Leonard Cohen lyric when I graduate (as a gift to myself:) )
15. Are you a sports fan? If so, what? Also, what teams, individuals? I always watch Tour de France. And I become a huge sports fan if there is the soccer European/world cup and my country has miraculously qualified.  I also watch ski jumping sometimes.
16. What would you say your style is? Some kind of vintage/bohemian/average
17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat? Both, I only like it when its around 25C, but quite hate anything else Smiley
18. Is it too late in the season to send outerwear? It wont be winter anymore, but it still gets quite cold sometimes. (so some not too warm outerwear would be OK) 
19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why? I have no idea.
20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be? San Francisco, or maybe Berlin. London is also nice and we might move there this autumn.
21. What did you want to be when you grew up? Could you see yourself doing that now? I remember wanting to be a professional skier (those were very popular in my childhood, there is a female world cup competition near where I live every year), but I dont even ski now. I also wanted to be a model, but Im not model material:) I still dont know what I really want to be when I grow up Smiley
22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? Any favorite movies? Would you enjoy crafts inspired by them? I enjoy sci-fi, animated movies, comedies and sometimes art movies. I would like Pixar, Harry Potter or Star wars inspired crafts. 
23. Would you be disappointed or happy to recieve a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft? I dont care, as long as its pretty Smiley
24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name? I dont know. Lobster claw I guess, but I dont care really.
25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist? Probably questionnaire, but pinterest too. And if she is adventuress, she can look at the pictures on my blog (but its in Slovene:)) http://fenchurch.blog.siol.net/
26. What are your favorite non-edible things to recieve if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras? Tools for working with fondant (like silicone moulds), fabric
27. Do you like practical only items that have a function? Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty? I like both, but functional items just a bit more.
28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large? Yes, I like anything smaller and decent more than anything larger and not so nice.
29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer?
Kitchen: Beige/brown Living room: colorful Craft room: even more colorful Bedroom: blue
30. What kind of soaps do you like? Do you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing? Not citrus. Never tried goats milk, but sounds nice.
31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing? Its Ok if its a bit big. Is not OK if it might be too small:) I have enough clothes that are too small Smiley)
32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik? Dont like it that much
33. Do you drink tea or coffee? Any fav. types/flavours? Both. I like black tea, green tea, I LOVE flavored coffee, dont really like fruit teas. I also like herbal teas very much. And hot chocolate, too Smiley Im a person who has some kind of a hot beverage next to her the whole day long
34. Scrappy or matchy matchy? matchy when it comes to how i look, scrappy when it comes to how my surrounds look
35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff? I like recycling, but if it looks good. I dont like to recycle just so things dont get thrown away.
36. How do you go about swap research? Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? How far will you look into your partner? Do you pour over blogs/threads etc? I go very deep Wink, click on every link I can find, but usually just make mental notes. If I have too many ideas, I write them in my trusty Moleskin, I also pin ideas.
37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be? Whimsical, pretty, vintage
38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? I don't want to offend anyone, but I found an awesome saying that goes with my partner's likes. I like puns and I am not offended easily Smiley
39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you? I would be able to stuff it, if there is not too much stuffing required.
40. If you were to receive something in a frame, any preferences about the frame? none. I have all kinds of frames on my walls
41. Do you like beachy things? like shells and stuff? Not really.
42. How do you feel about dinosaurs? They are awesome. And funny.
43. If I were to make you something that you'd specified you wanted, and did it to the best of my ability - but to do it I had to learn a new craft - so it's not as good as an expert could do it - would you like it - or would you prefer me not to bother? I would probably like it. I dont expect things to be perfect.
44.How do you feel about clothes or other things made of patchwork (collection of different color fabrics)?  Is one solid piece of fabric better? I dont like patchwork in general, except if the fabrics really fit together (like they are from the same collection or something like that)
45.When thinking of a reveal, do you want a scavenger hunt type thing?  Or is it cool if I just put little post its all over your parcel? Surprise me:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annchen

Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2013 12:41:22 PM »

Ohhh... Last time I played detective was awesome. I have to think about this...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2013 04:42:52 PM »

Here's mine! Smiley

1. Would you be okay with a set of smaller items in place of one large item? yes!
2. Would it be okay to send a specific(expensive)crafting kit as a large item? I think so...I'm not sure what kind of kit I would want though
3. What kind of music do you prefer?I like punk and alternative
4. Are you a planner or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants gal? HUGE planner here!
5. Do you have any favorite quotes? You can check out a lot of quotes I like on my pinterest.
6. If you could be world famous for one thing, what would you like it to be? my book reviews
7. What are you currently reading? I'm impatiently waiting for the newest Kim Harrison Hollows book, just came out today!
8. What makes you laugh on TV? Big Bang Theory, Amish Mafia
9. What kind of games do you like and is there an image from a game you are particularly fond of? Not a big game player really
10. What are your preferred letters and font for monograms? DV and something antique-y or victorianish
11. Are you an only child? I wish!  I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters
12. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon? wrapped up in a blanket with a book and maybe a movie, at the same time
13. Do you enjoy edibile treats as extras? If so; sweet, salty, spicy? I prefer salty and sour, dark chocolate - no milk chocolate
14. Any piercings? Tattoos? Weird hairstyles? double pierced ears, 2 tattoos on shoulders - one Betty Boop, one Alice in Wonderland, sadly no weird hairstyles
15. Are you a sports fan? If so, what? Also, what teams, individuals? not into sports at all
16. What would you say your style is? eclectic, I like bits of everything
17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat? mostly cold all the time
18. Is it too late in the season to send outerwear? NEVER too late in the season!lol  I wear hoodies, socks, sweats, etc year round
19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why? I'm a past thinker, I like to look back and use that to determine how to handle the present and predict the future
20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be? England, outside of London in a village
21. What did you want to be whe n you grew up? Could you see yourself doing that now? Let's see: a ballerina, a teacher, an accountant.  I can't see myself doing any of those things!lol
22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? Any favorite movies? Would you enjoy crafts inspired by them? I love comedy and romance and silliness.  I love the Princess Bride and movies along that lines.  Sure, I'd love crafts inspired.  I'll make sure I have some movies on my pinterest.
23. Would you be disappointed or happy to recieve a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft? I'd be fine with it
24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name? No preference
25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist? My pinterest and talking to my craftster friends
26. What are your favorite non-edible things to recieve if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras? I adore making lists and I can't have enough cute pens
27. Do you like practical only items that have a function? Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty? practical items please
28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large? yes!
29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer?
Kitchen: blues and white Living room:sage green and tan Bedroom:blue and white
30. What kind of soaps do you like? Do you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing? No floral or heavy scents - stick with citrus and we'll be good. Smiley
31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing? I'm fine with adjustable
32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik? I don't like it
33. Do you drink tea or coffee? Any fav. types/flavours? I drink a ton of tea - decaf, unsweetened.  I also like hot tea, all kinds.
34. Scrappy or matchy matchy? either is good
35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff? as long as they're cute, I don't care
36. How do you go about swap research? Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? How far will you look into your partner? Do you pour over blogs/threads etc? Lists, lists, lists.  I read everything I can get my hands on
37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be? classic, funky, monochromatic
38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? I don't want to offend anyone, but I found an awesome saying that goes with my partner's likes. Prefer not to
39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you? either is fine
40. If you were to receive something in a frame, any preferences about the frame? dark wood, black, red; nothing too light
41. Do you like beachy things? like shells and stuff? it's okay
42. How do you feel about dinosaurs? they're nice??
43. If I were to make you something that you'd specified you wanted, and did it to the best of my ability - but to do it I had to learn a new craft - so it's not as good as an expert could do it - would you like it - or would you prefer me not to bother?  I'd love it!
44.How do you feel about clothes or other things made of patchwork (collection of different color fabrics)?  Is one solid piece of fabric better? I think if it's done well, it's great.  Solid is good too.
45.When thinking of a reveal, do you want a scavenger hunt type thing?  Or is it cool if I just put little post its all over your parcel? Whichever is more fun for you!  I'm up for either one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2013 04:43:34 PM »

I'll be looking for a co-organiser also - no matter how many people we have so that I can have a fun time with this swap too. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ThriftyLiving4U

Walking around with paint on my fingers

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2013 05:18:09 PM »

I'll be looking for a co-organiser also - no matter how many people we have so that I can have a fun time with this swap too. Smiley

PM sent
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Would love to swap for art of my fur babies

My Pinterest
J_Kieviet

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2013 11:23:11 PM »

1. Would you be okay with a set of smaller items in place of one large item? sure, especially if it's a set of something
2. Would it be okay to send a specific(expensive)crafting kit as a large item? I'd rather not recieve craft kits, I just have way to many crafts on the go as it is
3. What kind of music do you prefer?County
4. Are you a planner or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants gal?A little bit of both
5. Do you have any favorite quotes? Plan for the worst, hope for the best, accept whatever God sends
6. If you could be world famous for one thing, what would you like it to be?Teaching clothing design and sewing techniques to children - I'd have my two favourite things all wrapped up in one
7. What are you currently reading?About to start "Between the lines" by Jody Picoult
8. What makes you laugh on TV? irony, "stupidity is it's own reward" kind of actions
9. What kind of games do you like and is there an image from a game you are particularly fond of? I am currently into an american girl computer game I got, as for board games - Candy Land, Go Fish, Dominoes, Chipper (can you see the only people who want to play board games are my nieces, and really only the 6 year old at the moment
10. What are your preferred letters and font for monograms?JAD (my official last name is De-Kieviet, but for friendship we drop the De, but for monograms JAD just looks/sounds better than JAK which is super close to my Mom's first name
11. Are you an only child? No, I have a brother and a sister in law
12. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon? Sewing or playing with my nieces
13. Do you enjoy edibile treats as extras? If so; sweet, salty, spicy? sure, sweet or salty, but not a fan of spicy
14. Any piercings? Tattoos? Wierd hairstyles? Just one piercing in each ear {I can only wear hypoallergenic earrings or my ears get infected
15. Are you a sports fan? If so, what? Also, what teams, individtuals? Nope, not into sports, I will watch hockey and skating, but only during the olympics
16. What would you say your style is? Casual but classy.  I usually wear dark wash  jeans and a blouse or sweater, paired with some jewellery
17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat? Pants and sweaters are made only to be worn from December thru February;) I'm ussually fairly even temperatured
18. Is it too late in the season to send  outerwear? yes, I'll be packing it all away at the time of sendouts
19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why?  a combination, I let the past help me decide what to do in the present, I let the present help me plan for the future
20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be? I would love to visit Holland to see where my ancesters came from
21. What did you want to be wh n you grew up? Could you see yourself doing that now? From the time I was in kindergarten I wanted to be a teacher - I am now a certified teacher and am currently teaching on call.
22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? Any favorite movies? Would you enjoy crafts inspired by them? Drama, comedy, family, disney.  Favourites would be the Harry Potter series (but please nothing crafted from it), for crafting - Little mermaid {but only the cute stuff}, Tinkerbell, Heartland,
23. Would you be disappointed or happy to recieve a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft? I'm ok with same technique but variety of purpose - like a bookmark, jewellery, and figurine made all of clay would be cool, but 3 figurines that weren;t a set all made with clay would be a little boring to me.
24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name? lobster claw for necklace/bracelet, sheperds hook or stud for earings
25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist? questionaire and pinterest, my wist hasn't been updated in a year, and I no longer use it
26. What are your favorite non-edible things to recieve if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras? pinata fillers, hair clips/elastics, simple jewellery, bookmarks, crafty things, stuff for 18" dolls
27. Do you like practical only items that have a function? Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty? a combo or all practical is good, ere on the light side for knickknacks please
28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large? Sure, I'm pretty good about size
29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer? bedroom - purple, black, silver/craft room-pink, purple, denim blue/ bathroom - white, blue.  I still live at home so don;t do kitchen, living room
30. What kind of soaps do you
like? Do you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing? hypoallergenic, seasonal, moisturizing
31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing? bit big is alright, my goal is to drop about 15 pounds between now and sendouts, so I imagine altering might be required, but I'm good with alterations/
32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik?  I'd never wear or carry tye dye, but I like the fancy/classy batiks
33. Do you drink tea or coffee? Any fav. types/flavours? I drink coffee and use a K-Cup brewer, I like a sweet coffee rather than bitter, and often make a mocha rather than strait coffee.
34. Scrappy or matchy matchy?  matchy matchy
35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff? perfectly fine as long as it has no odours.
36. How do you go about swap research? Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? How far will you look into your partner? Do you pour over blogs/threads etc?  I keep a notebook and ponder over things for a while before I begin - I will read blogs and threads to get a better feel for the person if I need more ideas
37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be? casual, fun, flitting
38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? I don't want to offend anyone, but I found an awesome saying that goes with my partner's likes.  I'd prefer not, my rooms are frequented by my nieces and I don't want to have to hide items before they come or end up explaining when they find something with adult content.
39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you?  I can stuff and stitch if it saves up on postage
40. If you were to receive something in a frame, any preferences about the frame? black or colours to match my rooms decor, able to stand on it's own since I can't hang stuff on my wall
41. Do you like beachy things? like shells and stuff? Yes, and it sounds like a Flipper party for my Mom's 50th (the original movie came out the year she was born), and a Disney Princess (heavy on the Ariel) party for my nieces 7th birthday
42. How do you feel about dinosaurs? Not a big fan
43. If I were to make you something that you'd specified you wanted, and did it to the best of my ability - but to do it I had to learn a new craft - so it's not as good as an expert could do it - would you like it - or would you prefer me not to bother?  As a teacher, I always say as long as you've given your best, I will love it, so go for it, try something new:)
44.How do you feel about clothes or other things made of patchwork (collection of different color fabrics)?  Is one solid piece of fabric better? I would never wear patchwork, and am not sure about the whole colour blocking thing yet either.
45.When thinking of a reveal, do you want a scavenger hunt type thing?  Or is it cool if I just put little post its all over your parcel?  I like it to be a surprise as I open it, so I try not to look at the customs labels since they reveal so much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
texscrapper

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013 05:30:15 AM »

This looks fun! Once I am done with organizing for the Givers & Needers swap, I'd love to join in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.

2014 Crafts
50 Projects in 2014 - 15/50
De-stash Projects Completed - 25

Total Projects in 2014: 40
Swap Packages Sent: 14
A2K

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013 08:52:24 AM »

Oh, this looks fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whistley

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013 09:40:28 AM »

I'm still working on the questionnaire...but it's coming!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Loose Curls with a Flat Iron
Home Remedies For Hair
Modelinia Fashion Week TV Swim Edition: Episode 1
How to Style Your Hair Like a Movie Star
Herbal Conditioning Mixtures for Sparkling Hair
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...