A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,729
Currently Running With Scissors:
697 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Rd. 8 (Signups 1/18-2/14; sendouts 3/20)  (Read 56177 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lindyv321
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

That is sooo Craftastic!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #260 on: February 22, 2013 08:51:14 AM »

My musical tastes are all over the place!  The Lumineers, Mumford & Sons, Of Monsters & Men, Maroon 5, Train, Ellie Goulding, Neon Trees, Carrie Underwood, Matchbox 20, Taylor Swift, Green Day, most 90's music, yeah a bit of everything....

As for work I have been an insurance agent for 13 years.  Before this I worked a few random office jobs, worked at a bowling alley in the daycare and coordinated the birthday parties, and my first job was in a nasty Chinese food place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MaxParadise
« Reply #261 on: February 22, 2013 12:53:48 PM »

What's your favorite song and musician and kind of music? i like rock music mostly. my all time fave band is coheed and cambria (claudio sanchez has such an awesome voice!) and my fave song is "feathers", which of course, is by them =)

What kinds of jobs have you had and what was your favorite? i honestly really haven't had many. i took care/watched over my nephew, was a caregiver for my grannie =), and now i'm a stay at home mommy =)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #262 on: February 22, 2013 01:35:47 PM »

What an interesting bunch we have here!

quaggy - did you have to skate as the manager?  I loved being a skateguard, I did it while in college and I couldn't believe that I got paid to skate several hours a day.  What a fun job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Whistley

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #263 on: February 22, 2013 02:54:38 PM »

Oooh! more info! Love it!  Smiley

What's your favorite song and musician and kind of music?
At the moment my favorite:
Song - "You're the Voice" by John Farnham (I'm a beginning runner, training for a 10k and I've found that it's a great song to run to.) My long-time running favorite songs are "Come By Me" and "Hear Me in the Harmony" by Harry Connick Jr.
Musician - Yep. Harry Connick Jr.
Music - I love lots of different kinds of music. I do find that other than when I run I mostly listen to kids' music. My little ones get to pick and it's Disney, Backyardigans and Raffi for me...

What kinds of jobs have you had and what was your favorite?
Dishwasher at an ice creamery
Waitress (that only lasted a month. I wasn't any good at it.)
Camp Counselor at a summer camp for kids/adults with varying disabilities
Teacher at a Children's Theater School
Residential adviser at a school for Deaf and Blind kids
Teacher (2nd Grade - and really it was only my student teaching because I was pregnant with my first baby)

and my current and very favorite job ever... I'm a Mom! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: February 22, 2013 03:03:08 PM »

What an interesting bunch we have here!

quaggy - did you have to skate as the manager?  I loved being a skateguard, I did it while in college and I couldn't believe that I got paid to skate several hours a day.  What a fun job!

Started out getting high by gluing the padded soles into new skates.  Managed the Birthday parties we held, yes skated as a clown, rabbit at easter to name a few.  Ran sessions for day care's that came to us and my alma mater High school had elective PE classes which I also managed. I was there by myself during both, ran the music, handed out skates, and skated with them, a fun job at the age of 17 after I graduated at mid term.   This job landed me my job working in the law office as the Lawyer was the owner of the rink.  They sold it and now the building houses our TMS for the school district that I work for.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013 03:04:36 PM by quaggy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nolansmomster

Yes. I am THAT mom.

« Reply #265 on: February 22, 2013 03:05:01 PM »

My musical tastes are also pretty varied... I love that people are mentioning Weird Al- I definitely have a soft spot for him. Most of what I am listening to lately is of the Mumford and Sons/ The Lumineers/ Sweet Season feel or "fun" music  (like Abba or 80's pop or funk). I started college as a music major, so I spent a lot of time playing in wind ensembles, orchestras and jazz bands- so I still love to listen to those types of things. Overall favorites, though, would be Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers, They Might Be Giants and Hanson (seriously- anything they have recorded after 2000 would surprise you).
As for a single favorite song? If I have to choose single one (which isn't easy) it would probably be Hanson's Thinkin' 'Bout Somethin'

My list of jobs is extensive...
Pizza joint
Fast Food
Custodian in dorms
Upholstery shop/ campus maintenance
RA/ CA/ House Mother (every university has a different name...)
Intern in University News Services
AmeriCorps VISTA with Habitat for Humanity
Pharmacy tech
Telecom Goddess (I have been with this company for 11 years... we were "the phone company" when I started in customer service... now we do phone, Internet, TV, cell phones and who knows what else) I have been in several departments with the company, but now I work with call center attendance and scheduling.
Mom

Favorite is being mom, and I wish I could be the start at home mom, but right now that is my husband's job. Other than that, my favorite was with News Services or AmeriCorps where did a lot of writing and public relations.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: February 22, 2013 04:14:15 PM »

Fave music: No Doubt/Gwen Stefani, Marroon 5, lots of 90's alt rock stuff, current pop if it's not too whiny or annoying

Jobs: cashier/sandwich maker/everything at Wendy's, Wendy's shift manager and assistant manager, tanning salon worker, lab courier (for 8-9 years), Customer Service Rep at a freezer warehouse, English tutor, daycare for my nephs.

I tend to stay with a job for awhile so I guess I haven't had that many. Tanning salon and Wendy's overlapped while I was in high school, then after I got into management I realized I had better get my butt back into college. My "college" job was a lab courier but I stayed on long after I graduated because it was such an easy, fun job, I loved my co-workers, and I got paid really well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Eiseldora
« Reply #267 on: February 22, 2013 04:52:07 PM »

What kinds of jobs have you had and what was your favorite?  

I've not had much of a work history, but I did volunteer frequently before I became a full time employee with my current job.

As a teen liked to babysit, get paid to do peoples chores, and go door to door selling things like cookies, marigolds, and items out of catalogs.

I volunteered in Church Nursery's, Winterizing Yards, Helping in the library, tutoring elementary kids, and doing things to improve my community like picking up trash or weeding a community garden.

In Graduate School I volunteered in a professional organization. I helped organize events for annual conferences, wrote articles and blogs about new ideas in the industry, and hosted programs at local libraries to get experience in the field.

Work wise I've really only had one position within one organization.  I'm a librarian that primarily works with teenagers.
During my undergraduate degree I worked at the University Library and had two summer jobs. One year I was a day camp counselor at the YMCA and another summer I was a hostess in a restaurant.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 22, 2013 06:41:44 PM »

Fav song/musician/kind of music:  Depends on what type of mood I'm in...I like Pink, heavy metal, Eminem, Rihanna, Adele, etc...

Jobs ive had:  Secretary in several different places, babysitter, camp counselor, teachers aide, teachers assistant, cashier in a lumberyard, teacher, assistant for handicapped persons on a college campus.

I love being a teacher, but working in the lumberyard I had some of the funniest times ever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

« Reply #269 on: February 22, 2013 06:53:41 PM »

What's your favorite song and musician and kind of music? I love rock and metal most. Tool, Nine Inch Nails, Mudvayne, Shinedown, Smashing Pumpkins, Slipknot, Alice in Chains...pretty much anything along those lines. I also do love old swing music and Mannhiem Steamroller. Fave songs: 1. Tonight, Tonight 2. Stand Inside Your Love (both by Smashing Pumpkins), Brena (A Perfect Circle), 1. Nutshell 2. Rotten Apple (both by Alice in Chains).

What kinds of jobs have you had and what was your favorite? xx
5th grade: paper bead stand with my brother
7th grade: freelance newspaper writer and lemonade stand
9th through 12th grade: Dairy Queen!!
In college: Wal Mart one hour photo, Pacific Sunwear, Motherhood Maternity (all during breaks), librarian (at school), oral history accession, policy writing and exhibit design for a history museum (internship)
After college: waitress, sign fabricator
Current job: graphic design at a newspaper...been here 6 years. I call it the sinking ship

My fave? Um, DQ! My best friend's mom was the manager, the staff was half school friends and I got unlimited blizzards and texas toast. Ah, the glory days. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordpress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use an Egg Wash on Your Scalp
How to Do a Rolled and Plaited Updo
How To Properly Clip In Hair Extentions
Styling Curly Hair: From Wet to Set
Getting Salon Style Extensions At Home
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...