Here's my giganto list!
1. Would you be okay with a set of smaller items in place of one large item? I think I'd prefer the large as written
2. Would it be okay to send a specific(expensive)crafting kit as a large item? No thanks, I think I have enough crafts at this point!
3. What kind of music do you prefer? Pop, 90's grunge/alt
4. Are you a planner or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants gal? Planner! I love to make lists!
5. Do you have any favorite quotes? Just funny ones...anything from Scrubs or Friends (tv show) or How I Met Your Mother
6. If you could be world famous for one thing, what would you like it to be? For being really rich lol!
7. What are you currently reading? Re-reading the Harry Potter series for like the 20th time
8. What makes you laugh on TV? Sitcoms that are funny or awkward (but not too stupid)
9. What kind of games do you like and is there an image from a game you are particularly fond of? As far as video games, I am a huge Zelda fan, prefer Ocarina of Time era look over Windwaker look. My boyfriend and I are really into board games and I love Agricola. "Meeples" are a cute image/icon from lots of games
10. What are your preferred letters and font for monograms? Something clean/sleek. If it's cursive, not too curly or ornate
11. Are you an only child? Nope, I have a younger brother (he'll be 30 this year!) who has 3 sons
12. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon? Sewing all by myself with something good on Netflix and a great glass of hot or iced tea.
13. Do you enjoy edibile treats as extras? If so; sweet, salty, spicy? Yes, yes, yes. I love sweet and salty together, am on a huge salted caramel treat. In general I like crunchy things, even sweets I prefer to have nuts or some crunchy element
14. Any piercings? Tattoos? Weird hairstyles? Just a nose piercing which I have out most of the time. I am contemplating a tattoo some time. No weird hairstyles but I like to use decorated bobby pins and cute (small) clips
15. Are you a sports fan? If so, what? Also, what teams, individuals? Not really, I'd rather play a sport than watch one. I do like the Blazers and enjoy going to an occasional live game
16. What would you say your style is? Casual/preppy/modern
17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat? I'm usually on the warm side
18. Is it too late in the season to send outerwear? I can usually go for another scarf (am lusting after soft jersey ones) and I can always use fingerless gloves because of m arthritis
19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why? Um, present/future? I try not to dwell on the past, because that shit is done. I like to plan for the future, but not worry about it.
20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be?
21. What did you want to be whe n you grew up? Could you see yourself doing that now? I don't think I ever really had a clear idea! When I was really little I wanted to be a teacher so I could be the one that called on kids when they had their hands up lol! I guess I almost became that, I am a tutor.
22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? Any favorite movies? Would you enjoy crafts inspired by them? I enjoy comedies mostly but also some action films, I don't watch a lot of movies, I prefer tv series. I love Office Space, Clueless, Kate & Leopold and some others in my profile. Something based on any of those would be cool.
23. Would you be disappointed or happy to receive a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft? I think that would be ok, especially if it was a craft I didn't do (knitting) or don't do a lot of (embroidery)
24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name? NO jewelry please, I am very allergic to everything.
25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist? Probably my Pinterest would have a clearer idea of my style? A picture speaks a thousand words?
26. What are your favorite non-edible things to receive if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras? Craft supplies like Fat quarters of fabric, thread, sewing notions, hair bands or bobby pins, nail polish/nail art/supplies
27. Do you like practical only items that have a function? Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty? I prefer practical. I like decorative if it can hang on the wall, but don't have counter space for things that sit. Something like a cushion would be cool
28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large? I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean. I don't think it would hard to figure out a large for me, I've got a pretty big pinterst
29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer?
Kitchen:Living room:Craft room:BedroomKitchen: yellow or orange (any really), Living room: anything not green or white, Craft room: the brighter the better, bright purple, aqua and purple would be great, Bedroom: it is sage green, white, black, and light wood, so anything that would go nicely with that
30. What kind of soaps do you like? Do you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing? I'm a soap maker so I'm pretty picky, I started making soap because of my skin problems. No melt and pour please, but I would love to receive CP or HP soap. I love soaps with clay, oats, honey, goat's milk. I prefer clean scents, citrus, fruity. I dislike patchouli/amber/earthy smells.
31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing? I would prefer not because sizing has been an issue in the past.
32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik? heartily dislike
33. Do you drink tea or coffee? Any fav. types/flavours? Yep! I love tea, especially loose tea. Almond Oolong is my fave, I also like mint, and green teas that aren't too spinach-y. I'm a big coffee drinker too, I prefer flavored ones and recently got a Keurig!
34. Scrappy or matchy matchy? A little bit scrappy within a matching palette
35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff? It's ok as long as it's reasonably clean...I once received someone's dryer lint which kinda grossed me out. So as long as it doesn't contain your old hair and skin flakes it's good.
36. How do you go about swap research? Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? How far will you look into your partner? Do you pour over blogs/threads etc? I'm not obsessive but I'll probably look at their info quite a few times, make some lists, possibly a spreasheet
37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be? Simple, Modern, Classic
38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? I don't want to offend anyone, but I found an awesome saying that goes with my partner's likes. That would be ok on something I could hang up in my craft room, not on a t-shirt or purse or something. Also, I am kind of weird about puns, if it actually makes you groan I'm probably not going to like it. Adult humor is ok.
39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you? I'd kind of prefer to not have to do that. I would probably toss it in a corner with all the other things on my to-do list. Jim Gaffigan (who I LOVE) has a funny joke about giving gifts that are work for the giftee, kinds reminds me of that. "Oh, you gave me work!"
40. If you were to receive something in a frame, any preferences about the frame? Simple, clean lines, one bright or neutral color
41. Do you like beachy things? like shells and stuff? Only if it was done in a clean, simple way, that can get tacky pretty easily
42. How do you feel about dinosaurs? Not for me, but my nephews like them
43. If I were to make you something that you'd specified you wanted, and did it to the best of my ability - but to do it I had to learn a new craft - so it's not as good as an expert could do it - would you like it - or would you prefer me not to bother? I would like it if you put your best effort into it and it wasn't falling apart or anything But, in general I don't think swaps are the place to try brand new crafts
44.How do you feel about clothes or other things made of patchwork (collection of different color fabrics)? Is one solid piece of fabric better? I only like patchwork in quilts, maybe a bag
45.When thinking of a reveal, do you want a scavenger hunt type thing? Or is it cool if I just put little post its all over your parcel? Having to search for it is fun!