A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,792
Currently Running With Scissors:
299 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Geek Swap Gallery Send outs Jan 30th  (Read 8254 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BigBangMomma

Addicted to Amigurimi, and afghans!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2013 08:39:34 PM »

My kiddos are huge Avatar fans....love the Appa pillow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

4x6 Art Swap Fall 2014
Toralune
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2013 09:53:35 PM »

I got my package from ceemonster today! I love absolutely everything so thank you so much for the geeky awesomeness! Anyway, on to the loot, and prepare your wisting fingers or pin it buttons!

First up, all the loot she sent. She really went all out and spoiled me on this one! She even tracked down some very tasty gluten-free cookies for me. <3 Everything was even individually wrapped, though I was too excited to dive in to get any photos of that.

First package I opened was this hoopla! Love the fabric she picked out. She says it's her first time trying embroidery like this, and I'd never have guessed! This will make a great start to my hoopla wall once I pick a spot (didn't pick one, but trust me, there's plenty of space on my walls to work with Tongue).

I also got her first real try at clay working, and it's the cutest thing ever! I finally have my own adipose, and best of all...

I can hide things inside! Right now there are a few pretty beads in there that I'll have to add to my stash.

Then there was a Chinese Fireball bookmark from Harry Potter. It's almost too gorgeous to use, but I'll definitely love using it with some of my gentler books.

Also from Harry Potter was this cool snitch necklace I had pinned. One of the jump rings fell off so I have it posed in place for now, but fortunately it's an easy fix and it'll be very cool once that's done. Cheesy

Also my very own magic wand! I've been too scared to try making my own so I'm absolutely thrilled about this! She used the standard hot glue technique, but she used an actual whittled-down stick and a varnished finish so it looks very cool and realistic.

Also a tiny journal complete with Elvish and some more lovely painting on the back (sorry I forgot to photograph that part, but it looks very nice!)

And finally some clip-on stitch markers! I'd gotten some nice markers in my last swap, but silly me forgot to ask for the clipping kind for when I crochet, so I'll definitely be able to make use of these!

Thanks again ceemonster, I loved it all! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ceemonster
Eccletic Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2013 02:51:08 PM »

I just received from my partner, Toralune and it is a fantastic package!

As you can see from above, we decided to spoil each other - and spoil she did!

Here's what she sent!

First up, a pygmy puff! Lookit how cute!

Second, the Kingslayer himself, Jaime Lannister from Game of Thrones!

Last but not least, a Jayne Cobb hat of Cunning!

Seriously, people, I have been wanting one of these hats for sooooooo long. I'm so thrilled to have one of my own finally!

She also sent some fabulous extras:

Steampunk Supplies!

Tea!

Thank you so so so so so so SOOOOO much, Toralune! Honestly, I was having a horrible day today and you package turned it right about.  I love everything and had lots of fun being your partner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cate

http://pinterest.com/ceemonster/
Private Swap Friendly
karizmatic
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2013 02:55:37 PM »

RECEIVED! First, you have to know what a patient and gracious partner I've had in this process. I signed up to my one and only swap of the year hoping to have some time to actually do a swap and I have just been SOOO BUSY with work that I'm afraid I may have neglected queenofmarigold a bit in the communications department. And yet, she managed to come up with this...

first of all, I have to show you the packaging because it's already so exciting!

in it, I found a Robot Charm Necklace, which I immediately wore to a meeting yesterday!

A custom nerdykittyonabike hoop (my husband calls me nerdy kitty on a bike, so VERY appropriate for my office)

and for my cold San Francisco Bike rides (YES!)

THANK YOU so much - i love everything... (now i'm just worried i didn't make enough for you :/)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.karizmatic.com
nerd. serial hobbyist. militant friendly.
1watermonkey
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2013 08:43:23 PM »

Great packages! The nerdy kitty is so cute! And the Jayne hat, Love! I have wanted a cunning hat forever but sadly cannot knit or crochet at all. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bobbysgirl
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2013 07:30:36 AM »

Everything looks wonderful so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
geekgirl1000100
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2013 11:04:58 AM »

I'm loving the gallery so far.
The Abhorsen book is awesome.  I love the Doctor Who shoes. The Totoro plushie is too cute. And I need an adipose box and a Jaime Lannister Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lylmousy
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2013 12:56:20 PM »

I got my box, I got my box and my stuff is AWESOME!!! the_essence Rocks!!!
First here is a picture of the whole group, please excuse the swifter, and the other stuff on the desk.

Here we have the first 8x10

Next we have a Tardis word cloud with some of my favorite phrases

Then we have an 6x8 of my last name is Gallifreyan, this is so going in my cube at work.

Last but not least my very on Dalek!!! My son has already tried to claim it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only exceptionally rational people can afford to be absurd.
MICHELEIGH34
Michele Raving Queen of the Freaks!

OH! I CAN be AWESOME!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2013 11:07:36 AM »

received from MaryColleen yesterday and all i can say is ...OMFG!!!!

yes a gigantic Star Wars Teesha Moore inspired bag...that's right be totally jelly

some extra patches (which means between what I already had I can possibly finish my purse...so WOOT)

and extra material
AWESOME!!
thank you very much!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ryn
Aim To Misbehave

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2013 08:26:35 PM »

I received a couple days ago but haven't been able to post. Here's what I received:

A pair of mittens for the cold winter days and some cool embroidered Claptraps.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Eggs in a Nest Recipe
Chocolate Peanut Butter Treat Recipe
Simple and Satisfying Sliders Recipe
Quick Easy Recipes for Busy Moms
Truffles Mac and Cheese Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...