A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 306,053
Currently Running With Scissors:
323 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Novelty Fabric Fat Quarter Swap Round 2 (Sign Ups CLOSED, Send Outs 3/9/13)  (Read 23117 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

donniesgirl
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2013 09:25:21 AM »

"Novelty" classification question

I know I'm organizing, but I wanted to put this to a poll.  Wink  I have a quilt shop near me that has a bunch of batiks.  Some of them are really cool & have things like sailboats or sea turtles on them.  Does this qualify as "novelty?"  Not the plain batiks, but the ones with batiked images of things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting cotton Hawaiian fabric scraps for a quilt if you wanted to send any my way!
http://www.pinterest.com/donniesgirrl
sloth003
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2013 09:38:17 AM »

i think if it would appear as something to spy in an eye spy then it would be novelty. but im not in charge. Smiley

i just hope theres more like me out there that want random and wacky. i was scouting out the fabric store last night.  and there are tons of strange ones out right now.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013 09:44:53 AM by sloth003 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
chelseahavoc
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2013 09:44:35 AM »

my store has a "novelty" section so ill be shopping there for my fabrics....

but i think any thing with a specific item print (cats, grapes, wine, sail boats) and that is 100% cotton would fit....... but im also not in charge Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

costuming isn't just for haloween
erica_tattoos
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2013 09:55:43 AM »

i think my biggest concern about the batik as a fat quarter would be the size of the prints? i mean is the pattern going to be small enough that it's going to repeat often enough that you will see several on a fat quarter? i ran into that problem last round with a regular print - i ordered something off the internet and when it came in the pattern was so large that a fat quarter didn't even include a whole repeat of the design... i've never seen a batik with actual images in it (i so love batiks tho i think they're gorgeous) but i reckon if the images are small enough and on a regular repeat they ought to count... =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2013 10:02:29 AM »

I have a couple of batiks that would definitely qualify with little and regular images.  Can't think off hand what they are, and I'm too lazy to go dig them out, but I know I wouldn't mind receiving batiks -- novelty or otherwise! I think a fq swap of batiks would be AWESOME! Let's think about that for another fq swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scarlet_nights
You laugh because Im different, I laugh because your all the same.

Eh what, no Im a f@$&ing squirel

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2013 04:57:47 PM »

I cant decide if I want wild and wacky or cute. I have an odd love for cupcake fabric. But I also love stuff like eyeballs and tattoo fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cabaute
Fickle Crafter Extraordinaire

A loving heart is the truest wisdom. -Dickens

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2013 05:55:33 PM »

Are we ready to swap yet?  I have been eying several fabrics that I want to order, but want to get my partners first (taps foot impatiently)...!

Also... I love batiks.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013 05:55:54 PM by cabaute » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/cabaute/
Yay!  I had a featured project! Faux Taxidermy introducing Sheldon, the Shoebill Crane
I love personal swaps!
Smmarrt

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2013 06:33:50 PM »

Even before I signed up for this swap, I ordered fabric from Joann.com because I had some coupons. And I am working on a project for my parents. So today I received ruler fabric - ooooh - and dominoes - ahhhhh - and traffic signs - I gave it away to someone already because she made me chocolate chip cookies - and some car/truck/train fabric.

I will leave at school so it stays odor-free and wait impatiently for partners in 10 days.

Grin Grin

And yes, we HAVE to do a batik FQ swap because I am also a batik-aholic. In addition to my other vices!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013 06:34:37 PM by Smmarrt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Page Swap - Crafting
Pocket Letter Swap - Round 1: Crafting
4 x 6 Art Swap - end of May
donniesgirl
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2013 06:59:16 PM »

I can't wait for partners & I'm the one doing them!  lol  I have a crazy spreadsheet going, to try to figure it out.  There are about 50 different themes people have picked, but I'm trying to group the similar ones.

But I will say there is a group of us looking for boy friendly fabrics & I may group us together.  It is so hard to find good boy prints!!!

As for the batiks in question, they are small prints with lots of repeats.  Like the sailboats I think were only about an inch & a half tall.  And the colors were like a wash of sunset.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013 07:00:27 PM by donniesgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting cotton Hawaiian fabric scraps for a quilt if you wanted to send any my way!
http://www.pinterest.com/donniesgirrl
zeivin
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2013 07:10:02 PM »

I also can't wait for partners to be released, but shall start the countdown now and impatiently wait as well. I've been resisting visiting all my fabric places so I won't be tempted to buy material I don't need just yet. Although I must admit when you work at a place that sells a ton of material, it's very hard to resist!

I absolutely LOVE batiks!! They always brighten up my day and go with just about anything so I do hope that there will be a batik FQ swap looming in the not-so-distant future.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest: http://pinterest.com/jessiebrannan
deviantArt: zeivin.deviantart.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Stenciled Table
Tute Tuesday: Mrs. Weasley Inspired Burrow Afghan
Creative Craft Supplies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...