A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,536
Currently Running With Scissors:
577 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Novelty Fabric Fat Quarter Swap Round 2 (Sign Ups CLOSED, Send Outs 3/9/13)  (Read 13068 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

donniesgirl
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2013 09:25:21 AM »

"Novelty" classification question

I know I'm organizing, but I wanted to put this to a poll.  Wink  I have a quilt shop near me that has a bunch of batiks.  Some of them are really cool & have things like sailboats or sea turtles on them.  Does this qualify as "novelty?"  Not the plain batiks, but the ones with batiked images of things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2013 09:38:17 AM »

i think if it would appear as something to spy in an eye spy then it would be novelty. but im not in charge. Smiley

i just hope theres more like me out there that want random and wacky. i was scouting out the fabric store last night.  and there are tons of strange ones out right now.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013 09:44:53 AM by sloth003 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
chelseahavoc
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2013 09:44:35 AM »

my store has a "novelty" section so ill be shopping there for my fabrics....

but i think any thing with a specific item print (cats, grapes, wine, sail boats) and that is 100% cotton would fit....... but im also not in charge Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

costuming isn't just for haloween
erica_tattoos
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2013 09:55:43 AM »

i think my biggest concern about the batik as a fat quarter would be the size of the prints? i mean is the pattern going to be small enough that it's going to repeat often enough that you will see several on a fat quarter? i ran into that problem last round with a regular print - i ordered something off the internet and when it came in the pattern was so large that a fat quarter didn't even include a whole repeat of the design... i've never seen a batik with actual images in it (i so love batiks tho i think they're gorgeous) but i reckon if the images are small enough and on a regular repeat they ought to count... =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2013 10:02:29 AM »

I have a couple of batiks that would definitely qualify with little and regular images.  Can't think off hand what they are, and I'm too lazy to go dig them out, but I know I wouldn't mind receiving batiks -- novelty or otherwise! I think a fq swap of batiks would be AWESOME! Let's think about that for another fq swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scarlet_nights

You laugh because Im different, I laugh because your all the same.

Eh what, no Im a f@$&ing squirel

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2013 04:57:47 PM »

I cant decide if I want wild and wacky or cute. I have an odd love for cupcake fabric. But I also love stuff like eyeballs and tattoo fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cabaute

Fickle Crafter Extraordinaire

A loving heart is the truest wisdom. -Dickens

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2013 05:55:33 PM »

Are we ready to swap yet?  I have been eying several fabrics that I want to order, but want to get my partners first (taps foot impatiently)...!

Also... I love batiks.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013 05:55:54 PM by cabaute » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smmarrt

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2013 06:33:50 PM »

Even before I signed up for this swap, I ordered fabric from Joann.com because I had some coupons. And I am working on a project for my parents. So today I received ruler fabric - ooooh - and dominoes - ahhhhh - and traffic signs - I gave it away to someone already because she made me chocolate chip cookies - and some car/truck/train fabric.

I will leave at school so it stays odor-free and wait impatiently for partners in 10 days.

Grin Grin

And yes, we HAVE to do a batik FQ swap because I am also a batik-aholic. In addition to my other vices!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013 06:34:37 PM by Smmarrt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3 - Done
Altered Puzzle Pieces - Done
Ninni Swap in mid September
Fall Dotee Swap -Visit the gallery!
donniesgirl
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2013 06:59:16 PM »

I can't wait for partners & I'm the one doing them!  lol  I have a crazy spreadsheet going, to try to figure it out.  There are about 50 different themes people have picked, but I'm trying to group the similar ones.

But I will say there is a group of us looking for boy friendly fabrics & I may group us together.  It is so hard to find good boy prints!!!

As for the batiks in question, they are small prints with lots of repeats.  Like the sailboats I think were only about an inch & a half tall.  And the colors were like a wash of sunset.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013 07:00:27 PM by donniesgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

zeivin
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2013 07:10:02 PM »

I also can't wait for partners to be released, but shall start the countdown now and impatiently wait as well. I've been resisting visiting all my fabric places so I won't be tempted to buy material I don't need just yet. Although I must admit when you work at a place that sells a ton of material, it's very hard to resist!

I absolutely LOVE batiks!! They always brighten up my day and go with just about anything so I do hope that there will be a batik FQ swap looming in the not-so-distant future.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest: http://pinterest.com/jessiebrannan
deviantArt: zeivin.deviantart.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Korean Beef Stir Fry Recipe
How to Make Shrimp-Udon Soup
Classic Vietnamese Pho Recipe
Crispy Sweet & Sour Battered Chicken Recipe
How to Make Thai Fishcakes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...