A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,171
Currently Running With Scissors:
512 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Givers & Needers Round 11 Gallery!  (Read 15552 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ninaprettyballerina
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 21, 2013 02:37:40 PM »

Sadly i only took pictures of one of my Thank you gifts.  kbrison are you able to post piccies of my thank you gift? x
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thehappycrochetchic
« Reply #141 on: February 22, 2013 11:49:04 AM »

Here is my thank you gift, isn't it amazing!!!
 I love it Smiley
It is a handmade piece of Doctor Who fabric inspired by a piece on spoonflower. I think this one is much cooler, but I can't imagine how long it took to stamp it all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/jcarter462/

I love personal swaps!!
Message me...

Always looking to add to my hoopla wall...Wanna trade?
Koreena

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #142 on: February 22, 2013 01:23:44 PM »

haha Wow! I love all of the awesome Thank You gifts that people have been sending Smiley  This has been such a great swap!

Here is my sorted out, edited post!!

I must apologize to our organizers & my partners again for taking sooooooooooooo long to post...  Has been a chaotic few weeks!  I just managed to grab a quick break & take a few pictures of the awesomeness that bookstorebabe sent my way Smiley  

Here is the amazing sparkly blue crown that she made for my thank you gift Smiley

She was sweet enough to include a nice long note about the making process, which of course is at home & I can't remember all of the details.  I promise you, she put a lot of care & consideration into making it though and her effort is greatly appreciated!!  If you can believe it, this gorgeous piece began with vintage lace & leather!  My derby girls are going to be jealous when I break it out as "Queen Koreen" for the day  Wink  It actually matches my helmet...  you're either an amazing stalker, or I'm super lucky!  

She also sent a wicked old school roller skate pin, but it is currently pinned to the rear-view in my car...  I will add a picture of it when I update next. So awesome!!

*I found out that my sister "borrowed" the pin while I was away last weekend... Apparently it will be perfect for the outfit she's putting together for a murder mystery dinner... Pictures soon :/

And do you ever feel like you've made out like a bandit in a swap??  I certainly did when I discovered the 2 pieces of jewelry that she was kind enough to include as 'extras' for me...  Check them out:

This picture doesn't do them justice!  I'm using my BB playbook & there's no flash...  boo me.  I had checked out bookstorebabe's etsy page & wanted to buy these from her...  she was generous enough to send them along & refuse to let me pay!  Thank you so much!!!  It's been a lot of fun swapping with you & again, sorry for the delays.

My other partner, the lovely Ms. Lillyanka, is also a huge spoiler and was a great Giver. She sent me an awsome bag FULL of yarns, hooks, needles & a Stitch n' Bitch book (!!!).  The goodies came on a road trip with me last weekend, and unfortunatly this means I won't be able to provide a complete, untouched, group shot...  There are already a couple of WIP's that I am using her goods to make  Grin  I will post photos of the spoilage either tonight (if I can) or tomorrow at the latest. Here are some photos of the awesomeness:

All of the goodies:

My WIPs (knit phone cosy from the book, made-up hand heart warmers & beginning of a crocheted cowl)

Some fun variegated yarns (perfect for my crochet club projects)

Some hemp and cotton yarns

And the hooks & book Smiley

Lastly, the thank you gift that I received from pink-josy - Love this!!! I was just saying that I needed another keyring Smiley I love happy coincidences! Look at how pretty it is Smiley

Thank you so much for your patience with me & for such a great swap experience!  I've had a great time with it Smiley Now to wait for my new friend Lillyanka to receive the thank you gift that I made for her...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013 10:36:04 AM by Koreena » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2013 02:32:00 PM »

wow, I love the doctor who hand stamped fabric! That must have taken forever!

koreena, I'm glad you like your stuff! And it's sheer coincidence that the crown matches your helmet. All hail Queen Koreen! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50% both shops
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
Koreena

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2013 10:37:34 AM »

(I updated my post)  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arwenjade

I draw with a bar of soap...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2013 11:39:54 AM »

wow, I love the doctor who hand stamped fabric! That must have taken forever!

Thanks! It really wasn't too bad. It was the kind of project I could do while watching a favorite movie. Ok, more then 1 favorite movie. I seem to be incapable of making smalls. Everything turns into a big, epic project. lol  Tongue But it was fun to make and I learned a few things about fabric pattern design too.

Oh and I love the blue sparkly princess crown! I need me one of those.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deviate from the well-traveled path. Instead, take the narrow Way and discover the Truth for yourself...

Etsy ~ Pinterest ~ Flickr
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2013 08:58:02 PM »

Forgot to post pictures of my thank you gifts from SheepBlue and Ninaprettyballerina. Photo posting seems to be one of my weak points since I bought a new camera with a different systems program than the one I was using. Better photos but more of a headache to process the shots.

First the handcarved stamps from SheepBlue. Love them all, but the 'awesome' will probably make its way to school with me. I think my students will really enjoy seeing it stamped on their best papers, and the way they're mounted makes them very easy to use.

Next, a group shot of my thank you gifts from Ninaprettyballerina.

A close-up of the money note pad, bracelet, necklace, koala clip-on, and vintage napkin pouch. I love kangaroos and koalas, so the clip-on is perfect! The vintage pouch is much too nice to use as a pencil pouch, but I may make it my traveling crochet hook carrier. Really much too nice to use it for that, too.

And lastly, a close-up of one of the crocheted motifs on the scarf. Actual colors of the yarn are much closer to that of the first group photo. Don't think I have the determination to make and join that many motifs!

Thank you again, SheepBlue and Ninaprettyballerina, for the great thank you gifts!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
109/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
Quilt Block Swap 6 - sewing
Mini 12 Days of Christmas- collecting supplies
Ninaprettyballerina

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2013 02:38:11 AM »

What fantastic stamps!!  love the paper aeroplane one!! ( so much!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
arwenjade

I draw with a bar of soap...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: February 26, 2013 10:56:27 AM »

I received from Margiej!  Cheesy

She sent me 2 lovely bags. The bigger one is padded too. And I love the fabric she chose to use! Thanks Margie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deviate from the well-traveled path. Instead, take the narrow Way and discover the Truth for yourself...

Etsy ~ Pinterest ~ Flickr
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #149 on: February 26, 2013 10:58:57 AM »

oh, how pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50% both shops
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Look Fabulous in a Photograph
How to Get Good Nature Photos
ISO Adjustment
How to Tale Digital Photographs
The Rules of Composition
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...