I've been working on this one off and on since October. I kept having problems with the colour...than smudging and rouge paint.. trying to remember this right mix of colour.. I finally gave up just before finishing the last floating hello kitty.. I remixed a 'close enough' shade of pink [ALOT lol] and quickly repainted around each word and character but swished and rolled the brush strokes to give it a little bit of texture to cover up my boo-boos lol.
When did I finish this you ask? Well it was Christmas night at 9:30pm exactly when I added the last polka dot to the hello kitty balloon ..............I was finished at 8pm..but my hand went RIGHT into the fresh dots and smeared around the balloon.. so I had to repaint the balloons white [2 coats] and added single blobs of dots to avoid anymore mess ups! blah>.<
At least its done and my niece loves it. My sisters aunt thought I'd bought it online from etsy.. lol.. "No no.. I made it.. took a bit but it's done!" Everyone loves it.. yay!
Everything was traced from images I got online.. but shaky hands cause me to alter some shapes but.. I'm a perfectionist hence why it took so long.
So the wood I cut with my dad's help and sanded, shaped and primed myself in the summer when i was starting my nephews' sign.
All text and characters are traced on with carbon paper and each section was painted with about 10-20 coats of paint to get the right shade to come through [stupid pink!] with acrylic paint.
Thanks for Looking!