A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 298,779
Currently Running With Scissors:
420 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweat Shoppe Swap Round 30 Gallery  (Read 33128 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #270 on: March 26, 2013 06:17:15 AM »

wow--I agree with mama24boyz--I am inspired now to try and make one!  I really like the male one as well!  The details are incredible...and, you made 10 for this swap?  wow...I think next round you should make just the shoes! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avesthel

<3 birds <3

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 26, 2013 10:10:03 AM »

Cool poppet!   Cheesy   Such attention to details too, great job!   Cheesy    You have me curious though... what's the fool proof way to sculpt abs?    Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #272 on: March 26, 2013 12:18:30 PM »

Hey, I just noticed, I've only seen 3 poppets!!!  Haven't more than that been recieved??  Come on, you gotta post the pics!!!  I'm beyond excited to get mine Isi!!  I've been looking into trying to make one myself, so I may be pming you with questions since you have the knack for it!!! Do you think a beginner sewer could make one?  I've ordered all the stuff I need I think

You could definitely make it Mama!  Ghilie has excellent step by step directions.  I'm a newbie sewer and had no problem with mine.  Smiley  I haven't tried the fingers that Isi did though.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #273 on: March 26, 2013 02:24:20 PM »

Hey, I just noticed, I've only seen 3 poppets!!!  Haven't more than that been recieved??  Come on, you gotta post the pics!!!  I'm beyond excited to get mine Isi!!  I've been looking into trying to make one myself, so I may be pming you with questions since you have the knack for it!!! Do you think a beginner sewer could make one?  I've ordered all the stuff I need I think

You could definitely make it Mama!  Ghilie has excellent step by step directions.  I'm a newbie sewer and had no problem with mine.  Smiley  I haven't tried the fingers that Isi did though.
DOOOOOO EEEEEETTTTTTTT alwaysinmyroom! I wanna see!!!!!!

5 of the poppets went out over seas. 3 to Australia (already sent), 1 to Germany, and 1 to Canada. That's why there aren't more pics in the gallery. I only have one more to mail in the USA. I'm pretty sure that bec99 should have received by now (if she was one in the USA) but she might be busy Smiley

Mama, they are so incredibly addictive! Cheesy Be warned!!  Grin Wink But yes, they're relatively easy to do. It really is all in the details of the prep work that make a really successful poppet. DOUBLE SEW all your seams is the most important advice I can give. Also also, when you stuff the body, make sure it's ROCK HARD. I mean---seams bursting/fingers hurting/I'm so sick of handling stuffing I can puke rock hard! That way you'll get a less wobbly/squishy friend Wink But they are oh-so cute. I just love them ^^ I'd be happy to guide you through the process! PM me anytime!

Those fingers are hard to do UTM, lemme tell ya  Undecided It took several dozen ruined hands to do them satisfactorily but between my husband's attention to detail and my patience we worked out a system to make them turn nicely. Pipe cleaners and suture tweezers are wonderful things, are they not? *smiles beatifically*

Avesthel---the trick to making yummy rock hard poppet abs is kind of a "stuffed" pillow technique---times six/eight  Grin You cut out two front pieces of the male poppet body and face one of them "right side" out--the fuzzy side. The other piece is behind it on the "wrong" side (on the silky side if you're using alova suede or craft velour). Then you draw directly on the spare fabric where you want the ab lines and sew it down, making a grid of one line down the middle and 8 or ten lines bisecting it horizontally, depending on if you want a six pack or eight pack Wink (Make sure the bobbin thread is the same color at the body skin or you'll end up with colored ab lines.) Next you take a small amount of stuffing and stuff it in between the ab lines, treating them like six/eight little pillows that need to be stuffed. Then you sew down the open sides and cut the spare fabric around the abs away. VOILA! ABS! So simple Smiley
   If need be I'll post a tutorial later when my camera works Tongue

Thank you, as always, for the nice compliments ladies. Everyone has been incredibly patient with me, especially our revered leader GatorWrangler. I'm the reason the next round is being delayed  Embarrassed Cry So embarrassing....

THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #274 on: March 26, 2013 02:35:22 PM »

I think the technique you use on the abs is called trapunto..it is a common technique used in quilting and embroidery...whudda thought you could use it for a poppet!!! Genius!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avesthel

<3 birds <3

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 26, 2013 04:06:59 PM »

Thanks, IsikkahJai!  That makes perfect sense, thanks for explaining it!   Cheesy   

Trapunto!  My new thing learned for the day!   Smiley   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nolansmomster

Yes. I am THAT mom.

« Reply #276 on: March 26, 2013 04:52:49 PM »

The technique for those abs sounds MUCH easier than sit ups.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz
« Reply #277 on: March 26, 2013 04:59:38 PM »

The technique for those abs sounds MUCH easier than sit ups.

hahahahaha, I agree!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #278 on: March 26, 2013 05:47:07 PM »

Those fingers are hard to do UTM, lemme tell ya  Undecided It took several dozen ruined hands to do them satisfactorily but between my husband's attention to detail and my patience we worked out a system to make them turn nicely. Pipe cleaners and suture tweezers are wonderful things, are they not? *smiles beatifically*  

I bet they are hard to do Isa...but they really make the doll even more awesome.  I really, really love the fingers!

Thanks for the abs tutorial too!  Very cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #279 on: March 27, 2013 06:37:02 AM »

I think the technique you use on the abs is called trapunto..it is a common technique used in quilting and embroidery...whudda thought you could use it for a poppet!!! Genius!

Oh my gosh! I love it! TRAPUNTO----Sounds like a magic word, "Bibbity bobbity TRAPUNTO cotton-o!!" and POOF! Rock hard abs  Grin BAAAHAHAHAHA!!! SO much easier than sit-ups although I wouldn't want to have it done to ME O__O
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Love and Theft Interview
How a Washing Machine Became a Percussion Device
Avatar Post Team - Episode 3 - Process and Flow
How to Play a Fermatta on Violin
How to Play at the Tip of the Bow
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...