A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,085
Currently Running With Scissors:
594 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: International Snack paws 6 (Signup Jan 14th- Feb 10th Sendout Mar 21th)  (Read 30377 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ninaprettyballerina
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2013 11:04:18 PM »

try http://www.aussieproducts.com/products.asp?dept=88

there are lots of websites that have australian only products listed

or

try this one :
http://about-australia-shop.com/index.php/cPath/42_51

if you google it you'll find it
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mata
« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2013 11:18:12 PM »

I broke down and signed up! I recently lost 50lbs just by changing my eating habits to healthy foods and here I am....lol
...be kind!

Wow congrats!! As long as you don't eat all your swap treats in one go you should be fine ^___^ I was thinking that I might be able to get a few "healthy" snacks here in Italy as well, although some may not be made in Italy or typical from here... but like from Germany. Not sure if that would be ok Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aisy
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2013 07:33:20 AM »

The one that I think would be hard would be Canada to US.  All I can think of there is Coffee Crisp......Aero??...Kit Kat??  I don't know.  There must be a site somewhere that should tell you what other countries don't have, but I do have a couple of ideas of my fave snacks that are local. 

I'm having this problem while I've been trying to pre-plan! I've got a little list of things that I can get here and I know I can't get in the States. I'm hoping I get a country that's a little farther away so it'll be easier, but I'm willing to bet there are enough Americans signing up that all us non-us people might get paired up with the States. If that's the case for me I'm really hoping for unique local items, because I only live about 15 minutes from the border anyway, Stateside shopping is a normal thing for me.

Oh well - I'm excited for anything though! Care/snack packages are great no matter what's inside them. Smiley

(Also I was told that Aero's were available in the States, am I wrong? Also YOU GUYS DON'T HAVE KIT KATS?)
you know, i never thought about the differences in snacks between canada and the US. whenever i think of canada i just picture maple sugar and syrup. oh, and those ice cube chocolates. my co-worker is canadian and occasionally she mentions snacks that ive never heard of. i lived in NY all my life before coming to korea and occasionally i found aero but it was always at fairway or big specialty stores. ive never seen a green tea kit kat though that sounds delicious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leather and lace

I'm too 'XC' for my spikes!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2013 08:48:51 AM »

Oh yes, we have KitKats. Just normal ones though. I would overthrow the government if we didn't. If I get a partner who is kind of close to me, I also know a great British foods store so I could send from there too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2013 2/50
2013 Art Journal-along

LV Charlotte Bee Marie's Blog: http://little-rabbit-on-the-prairie.blogspot.com/

Little Visitors Swap
Superhero & Comic Fan Swap
Fabric Printing Swap
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2013 08:56:03 AM »

Ooooohhhh, I never even thought of condiments!!!  I have a British store close to me too.  Wink Mmmmmmmm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2013 07:53:28 PM »

I sent a lot of pop tarts last round. It seems so weird to me that those are not just ubiquitous "breakfast" everywhere.

"healthy" is obviously in the eye of the beholder. I found a candy company that makes candy with no preservatives or additives and there are SO many amazing, local chocolatierres here in seattle. I obviously couldn't cut THOSE out of my diet....I just eat better dessert really!

I sent kool-aid last time, which was great since it was so light and didn't take up any space. The marshmallows were huge on space but not on weight, and I know that a lot of places don't have "plain" marshmallows.

I already started a goody pile!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts Spring Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too
Listessa

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2013 01:58:40 AM »

The one that I think would be hard would be Canada to US.  All I can think of there is Coffee Crisp......Aero??...Kit Kat??  I don't know.  There must be a site somewhere that should tell you what other countries don't have, but I do have a couple of ideas of my fave snacks that are local. 

I'm having this problem while I've been trying to pre-plan! I've got a little list of things that I can get here and I know I can't get in the States. I'm hoping I get a country that's a little farther away so it'll be easier, but I'm willing to bet there are enough Americans signing up that all us non-us people might get paired up with the States. If that's the case for me I'm really hoping for unique local items, because I only live about 15 minutes from the border anyway, Stateside shopping is a normal thing for me.

Oh well - I'm excited for anything though! Care/snack packages are great no matter what's inside them. Smiley

(Also I was told that Aero's were available in the States, am I wrong? Also YOU GUYS DON'T HAVE KIT KATS?)

You guys have way awesome candies that we don't really get here... Trust me.  (Yes on the Aero's!)  We totally have KitKats, but nothing too crazy.  Just the regular, white, and dark chocolate ones.  Maybe peanut butter too? 
Do you guys still have that stuff that is like a caramel spread for toast?  Last time I saw some there it was the early to mid '90s, and I have no idea what it was called.  It was packaged in a square clear container with a red screwtop lid kind of like peanut butter.   Or that could be a Quebec thing. 

I love the idea of getting stuff like tea, or random local food type things that will ship.  "Snack" is a loose term for me.  Wink  Different sodas (Irn- Bru!) are wicked great too, but they take up a ton of space. 

I'm so psyched- I get to go to Anchorage before the send out, so I can get some of the extra cool snacks for mailing too! 
I haven't bought much yet, I want to make sure my partner would like some of it.  I'm thinking of stuff like salmon jerky, or reindeer.  Maybe mini samples of different berry syrup, tea, local coffee... All sorts of ideas!  So many ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
Ninaprettyballerina

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2013 03:52:26 AM »

Oh mygosh listessa!! I totally want you as my partner!!! Salmon jerky?? Yes please. I like the way you're thinking!!!;). I'm gonna raid my local delis fr all this kinda stuff if my partner wants it!!!;)

You guys have way awesome candies that we don't really get here... Trust me.  (Yes on the Aero's!)  We totally have KitKats, but nothing too crazy.  Just the regular, white, and dark chocolate ones.  Maybe peanut butter too? 
Do you guys still have that stuff that is like a caramel spread for toast?  Last time I saw some there it was the early to mid '90s, and I have no idea what it was called.  It was packaged in a square clear container with a red screwtop lid kind of like peanut butter.   Or that could be a Quebec thing. 

I love the idea of getting stuff like tea, or random local food type things that will ship.  "Snack" is a loose term for me.  Wink  Different sodas (Irn- Bru!) are wicked great too, but they take up a ton of space. 

I'm so psyched- I get to go to Anchorage before the send out, so I can get some of the extra cool snacks for mailing too! 
I haven't bought much yet, I want to make sure my partner would like some of it.  I'm thinking of stuff like salmon jerky, or reindeer.  Maybe mini samples of different berry syrup, tea, local coffee... All sorts of ideas!  So many ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2013 04:01:32 AM »

Do you have Tang??? Or HP sauce or Jim Beam sauce??

I think I misunderstood. Lol I thought it was for items only available in Australia. I was all like "can't choose that as you can purchase it from the Australia food store here"

Now I get it. Blonde moment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
MissSadieMae
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2013 06:59:45 PM »

Okay I'm having an issue. Because we have only 5 international swappers, one willing to send twice. But I have a total of 12 USA swappers not counting myself. I would be willing to send to someone in states but I was wondering if anyone else would be willing to send in state. If that makes any sense
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Take Short Hair from Day to Night
The Best Ways To Master All Styles Of Curls
How to Do a French Twist With Short Hair
How to Create an Easy Braided Updo
Short Hair Makeovers For Fall
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet
Laundry Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...