Who is rather fond of all the terrarium love on the interwebs these days? Me! In the spirit of DIY-ing the majority of our holiday decor and saving money, while hopping aboard the terrarium-loving-train, this craft was born.
* Glass containers, as many as you desire.
*Air dry clay.
*Miniature figures for your displays.
*Glitter and glitter paint.
*A paint brush, or q-tip, or your fingers...
1. Prepare your snow! Knead in some silver glitter to the clay. I did this using probably 1/8 tsp of glitter at a time until the snow achieved a sparkly effect.
2. Press the snow into the bottom of the glass container, adding more glitter on top if desired (who wouldn't desire that?!).
3. Press your miniatures into the snow.
4. Using the glitter paint, paint around the sides of the container, where the whiter snow is visible. Painting on the top rim is also fun! DAB it on, do not brush it on.
5. Let it all dry, clean off any fingerprints/smudges on the glass (I used straight-up white vinegar for this), and ENJOY!
I spent $7.50 plus tax on this craft. If I had had to buy all the supplies, it would have been around $25.50 plus tax (possibly less, if you used cheaper supplies). Not too bad for decor you can keep up after the holidays...mine is still up and staying displayed until spring comes!