A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,112
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Skyrim iron helmet  (Read 2214 times)
Tags for this thread: helmet , skyrim , video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Anofeles
« on: January 13, 2013 12:36:29 PM »

Made this one for our class' maturita video. The topic is superheroes and I play the dragonborn.
I'll probably paint the details on the horns one day.. but I think I've had enough for now. Sooo many hours of work just because of 15 seconds in a video!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annchen
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013 01:02:26 PM »

Oh, neat! How did you make it? It's been a while since I made anything 3-d...

Also, it's nice to see Riki again! I miss having her around. Smiley

(and yes, I'm totally stalking everything you post thanks to the craftster buddy notifications!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Willing to knit for cloth pads Smiley
missmoppet
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013 02:21:46 PM »

That is really neat.  Would you be willing to share the process of making one?  I would love to make one similar for my Step Father.  I have a theme going-every year he recieved some sort of viking item from me.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
yoopidou

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013 05:53:25 PM »

impressive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Anofeles
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013 05:19:51 AM »

@Ann: Thanks! Smiley Riki looks a bit bored lately, I guess I should let her away soon. How's Pox? Smiley You're 3D modeling with wool Wink

Miss: Thank you. First I made a skelet by placing little pieces of newspaper soaked in water with flour on a melon (I tried a baloon first but after it went bang for the third time I just bought a watermelon a little bigger than my head). I left spaces for eyes. Remember to make many layers so it's hard enough. Then I used scissors, firm paper and glue gun to modify the shape of the helmet. Next step was making details of polyclay and sticking them on the helmet. Then I painted it with silver acryl paint. The horns were the worst part. I made a polyclay flat, then rolled it into these horns- they are hollow so it didn't take so much material. I painted them white, then glued them and wrapped them into polyclay at the base, than painted this silver. And voil. If any questions, just PM me Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annchen

Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013 06:39:53 AM »

Pox is hanging out in my craft room with my other plushies and microbes Smiley She's still rocking that bow you gave her!

Fair point... I do create 3d wool things! But I kind of miss getting down and dirty with some clay or sticky papier mache. It's fun too.

Did you eat the melon when you were done? Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Willing to knit for cloth pads Smiley
ThePenguinTheory
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013 07:10:35 AM »

This is fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cute and Quirky Handmade Items!

Etsy
Blog
Facebook
Pinterest
Anofeles
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013 09:17:38 AM »

Yup, but these winter melons aren't tasty :/ And it was kinda hard emotionally, because we spend so much time with it that we built an interspecific relationship Cheesy The melon was watching tv with us, wearing my helmet, staring at us when we were eating... Grin
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013 10:10:57 AM by Anofeles » THIS ROCKS   Logged

missmoppet
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013 10:25:15 AM »

Yup, but these winter melons aren't tasty :/ And it was kinda hard emotionally, because we spend so much time with it that we built an interspecific relationship Cheesy The melon was watching tv with us, wearing my helmet, staring at us when we were eating... Grin

Ha ha ha.  That makes me think of Tom Hanks in Cast Away and his buddy Wilson.  Cheesy  ANyways, thanks for the instructions on building it.  Im totally going to attempt one for my step dads birthday this year.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
Anofeles
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013 10:35:38 AM »

Yes, that's similar, but my melon wasn't as creepy as that bloody ball Cheesy (English is such a strange language...)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013 09:30:23 PM by Anofeles » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Using the SB600 Sync Port
How to Find Low Cost Flashes
Using a Shooting Tethered Rig
Finding an Affordable Softbox
Bat Bag For Light Stands
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...