A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,747
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Naturally my first puppy needed his own cool bed!  (Read 1306 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MadHatteh
Don't touch that

Or that

View Profile WWW
« on: January 12, 2013 05:02:52 PM »

And not just any bed from the store would do. I knew I wanted it to be like a large floor pillow, it seemed most comfortable for a larger breed dog. I thought about the fleece tie blankets and figured I could put stuffing inside one and wah-la, pillow. Since it is for a puppy who will probably be very curious I knew he would find the fuzz if I left it at though so I also put stitching all around it right underneath the knotting. It turned out very lovely and professional looking. The underside which I did not take a picture of is just a solid dark gray. I am betting that the fringe will be used as a toy which is fine by me, dual purpose. This one is about two and a half feet long by two feet wide. When he either gets bigger or tears this one up I will make him another bigger one. Smiley Enjoy!

I get to go pick this little guy up on the 20th, friends of craftster, meet Malfoy! Named after Draco Malfoy it seemed fitting for him to have this fabric for his bed, I also picked him up a doggie toy that is a stuffed dragon!

Please excuse all the unnecessary puppy information, I am 21 and was never allowed a puppy. I moved out and the very first thing I did was find him. He has everything I wanted in the breed (Siberian Husky) he has the red and white fur combo that I find adorable, blue eyes, and an evil looking mask.

Edit: Since posting this I also made a leash, I didn't know where would be the best place to post it so I am adding it here and hopefully someone can point me in a better direction for future things of this nature. Smiley

I almost bought a leash and harness set made from ACU fabric off of etsy. I had never made a harness and didn't want to make it and Malfoy break it and run away so I felt it was best to get it from someone with practice. The leash I almost got but realized I had all the things I needed to go ahead and give it a go myself. It was really easy. It was just like making straps for a purse. Instead of a traditional hook I chose to use a climbing hook, I thought it went with the military theme a lot better.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013 10:44:30 PM by MadHatteh » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013 12:14:25 AM »

Malfoy is very pretty. I'm sure he'll love all the bits and things you've made (and will make I'm sure) for him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
titancia
Are you a good twin or a bad twin?

It's Thistle with a Bobo on her head!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013 10:56:44 AM »

Malfoy is awesome! His bed is adorable. I might have to give making one a go for my fur baby. I love that you made his bed dragon themed to go with his name, that is too cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013 07:07:17 AM »

I was looking for a new bed for my BIG dog...love this one...

I was just wondering if your puppy chewed off the fringe?  I am thinking of making mine without it as my dog loves to chew everything! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HappyCompleteHome
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013 01:58:01 PM »

Gorgeous little puppy. So cute!

- Camilla
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013 02:02:08 PM by MareMare - Reason: to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photographers Capture Urban Decay
Rineke Dijkstra: When Art Reflects Art
Bob Gruen LIVE
How to Get the Best Shot on Your Digital Camera
Tailor & Shoemaker - The Sartorialist for AOL On
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...