A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,073
Currently Running With Scissors:
516 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP 22: Crafting with the Glitz! Signup Jan 12-27, Send March 4, 2013  (Read 45304 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's a long story.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #150 on: January 26, 2013 06:38:42 AM »

Wellll in all fairness, Calabaza and I decided to partner up again once the discussion for this round started (at the beginning of December) so I had already been working on items for her over the past month. Usually she beats me in sending though. Wink
Yeah, turnabout is fair play, right?  Cheesy So excited! And swap-anxious about what I'm filling your cereal box with...which is only about half full still! SlackerChic you are not.  Smiley

I finished the costume I was making for a community theater and one more thing for you, Sticker. I started on something else too. Got supplies for my other swap last night and as soon as I finish that one up it's all Sticker-crafting all the time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyMamaBee
Dreaming Bigger than my Ability!

I'm A Craftster Best of 2013 Winner!

« Reply #151 on: January 26, 2013 10:48:29 AM »

Well this week really just flew by... I had some personal things to take care of and I am hoping to finish up another project today so that tomorrow I can really just begin focusing on this swap! I have some great ideas and am ready to get them off the paper and into reality!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my crafty Blog!

Shop My Esty Shop! Check it out!

Swaps:
Embroidery Hoopla Rd 12(S/O 10/15): Awaiting Partners!
Mug Rug Swap Rd 6 (S/O 10/20): Sent in Questionnaire!
gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #152 on: January 26, 2013 02:21:28 PM »

My husband has a huge tool cabinet full of wondrous things. I had never opened it before....until now. LOL! Needless to say I got a few new ideas for partner. That is until he gets a lock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2013 02:42:43 PM »

Started on a few things for each of my partners, it's going to be a bit of dabbling here and there for a while. I hate waiting for things to dry!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2013 04:37:14 PM »

I stitched a purse together today, but decided there were too many construction problems to send it to LeapFeetFirst.  I also decided to use it myself.  Cheesy  I have been experimenting with leather recovered from old handbags and coats  for the bottoms and some of the trim on my bags-- I think I broke 6 sewing machine needles today!  Good grief!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2013 06:11:08 PM »

Wow, you must have some machine to even attempt that. But I heard you have to have special needles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
BigBangMomma

Addicted to Amigurimi, and afghans!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2013 06:43:47 PM »

I've finally finished all the embroidery pieces I needed  to do to make the sewing machine cover I'm working on for Foxy Sam. She also wanted two different shawl patterns, which, since she and I also had been talking about this swap well before sign ups began, I have already finished.  So...once this sewing machine cover is finished being pieced together, then sewn, and probably picking up some little trinkets for her since we live many continents away from each other, I'll be able to send!  So excited, as she's seen so many in progress pictures and is really anxious to wear her new shawls!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Frugal Living Swap Rd 6: Sent!
A2K

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2013 07:21:30 PM »

Wow, you must have some machine to even attempt that. But I heard you have to have special needles.

Light leather is pretty manageable.  The needles for leather, in my opinion, break just as easily as any other needles.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2013 09:51:44 PM »

Light leather is pretty manageable.  The needles for leather, in my opinion, break just as easily as any other needles.  Cheesy

Yeah, special isn't aways better  Smiley
Good luck with your experiments!

I made a good start on my last item for another swap and got something else done for this one. Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wendiek

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: January 27, 2013 01:50:12 AM »

I like to use jeans needles for the heavier stuff! Maybe it will work for leather too?

Oh and if you get to a thicker piece, you can level (so your foot is levelled) by placing a piece of cardboard under the foot before you reach that thicker part. Ha, that sounds very vague! Hard to explain! The idea is that when you level it, your machine won't have to work harder and you can sew that part just as slowly as you want to. Hope it makes sense  Cheesy

And if the leather is too "sticky", you can use tissue paper. Simply sew over it and tear the paper of when you're done.

Maybe you already know or tried, then don't pay attention to my twaddle  Roll Eyes

Oh I forgot: CMB that sounds good!! I started on a smallish for Abby Smiley

And OH MY! A sender already! I'm amazed, glad you gave us an "explanation", Sticker!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013 01:52:13 AM by wendiek » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Halloween Treat Toppers
Pumpkin Spice Madeleine Recipe
Paula Deen’s Caramel Apple Cupcakes
How to Make Savory Caramel Apples
How to Make No-Fuss Pastry Cream
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...