A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
781 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP 22: Crafting with the Glitz! Signup Jan 12-27, Send March 4, 2013  (Read 41109 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #160 on: January 27, 2013 05:11:49 AM »

All your talk of sewing leather brought back memories of my mother-in-law.  She used to sew the craziest things, couch covers, boat seats, leather skirts (back in the day), huge leather duffle bags.  Well; my dear father in law, who really wasn't very in tune with his crafty wife, surprised her with the biggest most badass industrial sewing machine I had ever seen.  He paid something like 3000 for it in the early 90's.  I think that machine might have been willing to sew through sheet metal.  She was so happy and that dear man was forgiven for every forgotten birthday and anniversary for the past 40 years. 

Ah, nostaligia.  As for this swap, I claimed my IYP partner in the OWS for Harry Potter decorations too so now I'm figuring out what I'll make for that swap (one medium) and what I'll make for this one (we agreed on 5 points). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

« Reply #161 on: January 27, 2013 05:13:35 AM »

THanks for the input, wendiek!  I think my biggest problem is that I go too fast.  I also think my machine needs to be serviced -- I abuse it with all sorts of sewing experiments and it needs a checkup more often than I take it in.  I hate to be without it!  The closest Viking dealer is 2 hours away!  Well, that's not really true -- there is one closer, but I won't take it to her because the last time I was in there asking questions, she told me to go talk to whoever sold me my machine -- that really turned my crank since I don't live there anymore.  I will NEVER frequent her store again, and I will advise others to go to the store that is 2 hours from here.

Sorry.  Whenever I get on that subject, I rant about her!  Cheesy

What a lucky lady, gamemom!  I would LOVE an industrial machine.  Except I'd probably hurt myself.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wendiek

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: January 27, 2013 06:11:37 AM »

THanks for the input, wendiek!  I think my biggest problem is that I go too fast.  I also think my machine needs to be serviced -- I abuse it with all sorts of sewing experiments and it needs a checkup more often than I take it in.  I hate to be without it!  The closest Viking dealer is 2 hours away!  Well, that's not really true -- there is one closer, but I won't take it to her because the last time I was in there asking questions, she told me to go talk to whoever sold me my machine -- that really turned my crank since I don't live there anymore.  I will NEVER frequent her store again, and I will advise others to go to the store that is 2 hours from here.

You're welcome A2K!
I would take my machine to the other shop too, not very friendly nor good service in the nearest shop! My machine likes some sewing machine oil every now and then. I take all the parts of that come off easily and make it dust free. It works for my machine  Smiley

And a industrial machine sounds great,gamemom42 but I'm not willing to spend that much money. I don't think it would make me a better seamstress, hahahaha!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #163 on: January 27, 2013 07:39:45 AM »

Made good progress on some sewn goodies for Mama24boyz this morning!  Yay!  I guess I'm strange, but I need to be in a mood to do certain crafts because if I'm not things just don't work out.   Grin

Happy crafting all!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #164 on: January 27, 2013 07:45:54 AM »

I don't think thats strange at all utm.  I can totally relate to that!  And I'm going to get started (well, REstarted on your _______ tonight)  Its not possible at all to do this when kids are up, so I gotta wait  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #165 on: January 27, 2013 08:07:51 AM »

I'm the same way, utm. For example, I'm never in the mood to knit during the summer months but in the winter, I can't get enough of it!

I finished my first package for MissingWillow! I need to snap a few photos but then I'll be off to the automated post-office machine Smiley.

She sent me some beautiful yarn from her sheep Beatrice to work with for her next package. I've already started on one item and have plans for another one. I'm glad we still have over a month!! I have a lot of stitching to do Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #166 on: January 27, 2013 08:18:09 AM »

I'm almost done with Lime's first package, too.  In case anyone is wondering, we decided to do a modified Make a Friend swap with each other, which means you send twice.  The first package contains items about the sender, the second will be stuff crafted for the receiver.  I've had Beatrice's yarn for over a year.  I sent her fleece off to a commercial processor and got a bag of yarn and roving back in exchange for a ridiculous amount of money.  I can't knit, I'm so glad LimeRiot asked me if there was anything I've been dreaming of receiving! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #167 on: January 27, 2013 05:43:36 PM »

I don't think thats strange at all utm.  I can totally relate to that!  And I'm going to get started (well, REstarted on your _______ tonight)  Its not possible at all to do this when kids are up, so I gotta wait  Tongue

Gah, I'm dying to know what you are surprising me with Mama.  It's killing me even more knowing that Averia knows what it is too. 

Lime and MW, I love that you guys are doing it Make a friend style.  FUN!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
BigBangMomma

Addicted to Amigurimi, and afghans!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2013 07:44:39 PM »

I have finished all my crafting for Foxy Sam, I need to pick up a few extras, and then wait until payday so I have money to ship--thankfully, that's next week Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm taking a break from swapping through the summer.  If you'd like to follow my craft journey until my return, please visit any or all of the sites below. 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/EmalieAlexander
https://www.facebook.com/EmalieAlexander
Twitter: @EmalieAlexander
gamemom42

« Reply #169 on: January 28, 2013 02:52:52 AM »

I'm trying very hard not to be intimidated by all of this early finishing/sending.  I will definitely be sending very near the send out date.  Of course; it is fun not to have to wait so long for the gallery to have goodies on display isn't it?

The next few days will be the hunting and gathering phase of this swap for me.  I need to go to Hobby Lobby, Good Will, Target, my mom's house, Party City, and Home Depot to gather items for the things I plan to make for plaidpineapple then I can get down to business (after rounding it all off from my own extensive stash).
'
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Crystal Renn Talks About Hungry
Debbie Macomber Talks About One Simple Act
Richard Belzer Talks About I Am Not a Psychic
Davy Rothbart Reveals Where He Would Like to Be
Amy Reed Shares Some Advice
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...