A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
751 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 90-92 gallery  (Read 27384 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #180 on: March 18, 2013 10:43:40 AM »

I love the Queen Anne's lace hoop!  That is my second favorite flower, right behind thistle (no, they aren't weeds).  I need a hoop like that badly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: March 18, 2013 12:02:57 PM »

Cross my heart, hope to die,
Stick a needle in my eye.

You are gruesome! Smiley

I really thought the queen anne's lace would be a real quick thing to stitch up Cheesy ya know a few simple stitches and a bunch of french knots, how long can that take? But it kept looking like it needed more and more and more knots. I did enjoy making it very much. I completely had in my head that the pincushion should be a normal sized pin cushion, but after I made a normal sized version I got to thinking... the tutorial was for an actual eyeball sized pin cushion... I loved the tutorial. You can make one of those so quickly. The big one is a huge pain in comparison.

hehehe gamemom42, put it on your list! I would love to make another.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

« Reply #182 on: March 18, 2013 01:33:43 PM »

Yeah, that stick a needle in your eye thing is gruesome, which I am not usually a big fan of, but the whole concept makes me laugh right out loud!  I use that rhyme with kids sometimes -- I think it's gone out of fashion because they all look at me like I have three heads.  Cheesy  It's one of those childhood things I learned to love, I guess!

gamemom, the hoop is even prettier in person and deserves its own space -- for now it will have to hang on my chicken wire frame -- I have to get rid of some things to make space for stuff like this!  I like thistles, too -- I told my hubby that if he took roundup to the patch by the river, I'd have a canary!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: March 18, 2013 01:57:02 PM »

Hehe I love those eyeball pincushions Smiley They always make me want to sing that little needle in the eye thing and giggle like when I was little and would hum it. I wasn't a weird kid now was I? lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Video Game Swap: Crafting

Can't swap? I do commissions too Wink
gamemom42

« Reply #184 on: March 18, 2013 02:00:48 PM »

Averia, consider it on my list.  For now I'll pin it.  Listed or pinned, I would be so amazingly happy to have one.  And I just bet it was more work than you thought it would be.  Recently, I made a teeny french knot shamrock as an extra for Monica and was shocked at the hours that went into that teeny tiny hoop.

A2K, I would have a canary too (actually, I'm prone to having cows instead of canaries).  My daughter lived in our basement apartment for a year and half or so.  Right outside the door, she was lucky enough to have an enormous and oh so purple thistle growing.  That beautiful thistle made her so happy.  Well, when my husband was going through chemo/radiation and couldn't do yard work, his brother came over to tidy the yards up and chopped her beloved thistle right down!.  She cried, I cried, and my husband almost cried because we were distraught.  We never told my brother in law how much heartache his good deed caused that day.  You just don't see a big beautiful thistle pop up right by a door like that very often.

Speaking of thistles, I need a thistle hoop in the worst way.  I'll pin one of those too Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

« Reply #185 on: March 18, 2013 07:11:28 PM »

Yeah, that stick a needle in your eye thing is gruesome, which I am not usually a big fan of, but the whole concept makes me laugh right out loud!  I use that rhyme with kids sometimes -- I think it's gone out of fashion because they all look at me like I have three heads.  Cheesy  It's one of those childhood things I learned to love, I guess!

gamemom, the hoop is even prettier in person and deserves its own space -- for now it will have to hang on my chicken wire frame -- I have to get rid of some things to make space for stuff like this!  I like thistles, too -- I told my hubby that if he took roundup to the patch by the river, I'd have a canary!  Cheesy

first comment-the stick a needle in your really isnt to bad.  No worse then the old song "ring around a rosie, pocket full of posies, ashes, ashes, we all fall down."  The rhyme began in 1347 and was about the black pluage.  ring around the rosie stood for the red ring a person would have as the first sytptom.  pocket full of posies refers to people bringing the person infected flowers-and thought of it as protection.  the ashes- refers to the corruption and sounds made by the person and the 'we all fall down' is basically saying that they died.  Yup, so after that reference to a childs song, it really makes the stick a needle in your eye child ryhme seem much more happy. 

Anyways....on another more happier note-thistles.  I agrre the purple flower part of a thistle are pretty.  But spend your summers on the farm chopping and spraying for them and well.....a person doesnt like thistles anymore.  Smiley  Yup, I was a farm kid and I hated chopping thistles in the field.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #186 on: March 18, 2013 07:20:26 PM »

Stunning embroidery (as usual)!  And those eye pincushions are great!!  Though I do feel a bit squeamish when I think about putting a pin in them.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
A2K

arf arf!

« Reply #187 on: March 19, 2013 10:25:20 AM »

Thanks for the history lesson, miss moppet!  I am starting to get worried that Averia's package from me has been lost in the mail!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

texscrapper

« Reply #188 on: March 19, 2013 02:37:14 PM »

I received two great pacakges!

First from OWS 91 from Lo{ve} a set of awesome crocheted pouches!

And from Cerebral Atrophy in OWS 92 - an awesome First aid Roll

AND two chapstick coozies Smiley

Thank you ladies - I love everything!!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013 02:38:11 PM by texscrapper » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.

2014 Crafts
50 Projects in 2014 - 15/50
De-stash Projects Completed - 25

Total Projects in 2014: 40
Swap Packages Sent: 14
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2013 05:23:09 PM »

Thanks for the history lesson, miss moppet!  I am starting to get worried that Averia's package from me has been lost in the mail!

My hubby walked all around the house today to see if maybe it was left someplace odd, but no package Sad

Hey, i could use one of those pouches for my ipod, and another for my phone... my screens are so scratched up.

I love the colors on the chapstick cozies, did the true colors come through?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Coleslaw Sandwich
How to make Pot Roast in a Dutch Oven
How to make BBQ Pork Roast
How to make Boiled Peanuts
How to make Collard Greens
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...