A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,316
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 90-92 gallery  (Read 48893 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

A2K
« Reply #210 on: March 23, 2013 06:20:02 AM »

I love those key rings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42
« Reply #211 on: March 23, 2013 07:59:42 AM »

I know we are all feeling quite sympathetic toward our dear organizer right now, so I thought I would post photos of the package I sent her so that she wouldn't have to take the time herself.  I think dealing with relentless winter weather and nasty mold, in addition to a seemingly lame military housing authority who doesn't seem to care at all ... well, she's just got enough on her plate.

Speaking of the relentless snow, I made Monica a hoop to express exactly how she feels about the stuff:

along with a little voodoo snowman (she'll have to supply the pins, apparently you aren't supposed to mail them unless they're sealed in the original packaging)

I also made my very first Teesha Moore style patches for her and I'm hooked!  These things were so much fun to make and I absolutely love how they turned out.

Monica did pm me and let me know she rec'd this package and that she liked it.  

I always love to make things for you Monica!  (Oh, I forgot to take a picture of the little paisley hoop)

« Last Edit: March 23, 2013 04:52:23 PM by gamemom42 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

GlassKicker
« Reply #212 on: March 23, 2013 10:12:06 AM »

@CerebralAtrophy - I am sooooooooooo embarrassed!  A jump ring failure?  Geez.   Embarrassed  It sounds as though the package must have tumbled around a bit before it got to you!  I had tucked the keyrings into the fat quarters so that they wouldn't bounce around.  Maybe the other ring is insider of one of the fat quarters.  If not, I'll send another jump ring/key tag combo out to you right away!

@underthemountain - I didn't weld or solder these.  This was the first time that I tried riveting pieces together.  I had a bit of a learning curve and a few practice pieces - found out it's not quite the same as riveting cardstock, but it came along nicely once I figured out the process.   Grin   One thing that I really like about swapping is that it's been a good way for me to challenge myself to get out of my comfort zone and try new techniques - some successful, some not so much!

Thanks, A2K!

@gamemom42 - what a perfect package to send Babalina58!  Love that your work uses humor to address an icky situation!  So fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K
« Reply #213 on: March 23, 2013 07:02:31 PM »

I sent Averia a bag.  I'm posting pictures to help her out.

The bag uses zippers and a shoulder strap from a thrift store purse as well as a leather bottom (recovered from a leather coat).  The inside has pockets along each side.  The front has a zipper pocket and the back has two open pockets.  

You'll notice a label on the right front bottom of the bag -- the label was made for me by Averia in OWS a couple of years ago!  Hope you enjoy your bag, Averia!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013 07:03:56 PM by A2K » THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #214 on: March 23, 2013 09:06:41 PM »

Thanks for posting photos for me Gamemom Cheesy I did hang them today and got some photos. I will post tomorrow. I have some great ones of a few packages....

Today was a ME day!! I locked myself in my room and did a little cross stitch project for a friend here. Well Heck I forgot how long it takes to stitch even small things..OR I am really slow but I do not think so... But could be.... I watched well~ listened to and glanced up here and there 5 eps. of Downton Abby.. OK HOOKED!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! And the complete season 8 of Weeds Cheesy I did take a break to cook dinner but did not eat it I ate cake LOL.. It is that day that I just needed to be away from all the family and the snow has melted for the most part... CRAP UNTIL MONDAY Cry OVER IT!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
Averia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 24, 2013 05:58:57 AM »

Thank  you for posting pictures for me Tonya!

I love this bag! The fabrics are ideal for me! The suede bottom is beautiful and the fabrics complement each other perfectly. I love the way you put accents of the lighter blue patterned fabric onto the bag. Did I mention you have amazing zipper skills? I really appreciate all the pockets! Thank you for making me such a useful and beautiful bag!

Not pictured are a bunch of fabric strips for my scrappy quilt Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I was so happy to see the labels in use! Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K
« Reply #216 on: March 24, 2013 10:57:27 AM »

Oh I'm so bummed -- you didn't mention the evenweave fabric which means they were lost in the mail!  There were 2 rolls of 28 count and one roll of navy aida cloth!  Dangit!  I'm glad you like your purse, though!  I'm good at zippers because I've installed 90 million of them!  Cheesy 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

plaidpineapple
« Reply #217 on: March 24, 2013 02:42:37 PM »

gamemom42- LOL love the hoop.  I feel the same way about snow.  I am Not a cold winter person.
A2K Love the purse- great colors and it looks so well made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #218 on: March 25, 2013 07:29:40 AM »

I recieved from underthemountain last week.  She claimed me for sock yarn and old spoons.  The spoons look so vintage-they will make great jewelry.  And the sock yarn-so pretty!  No one ever told me that sock yarn and sock knitting would be this addicting.  I think making socks is my favorite thing to knit.  And the sock yarn-the stipes-gorgeous!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn to crochet or knit?  I have a ton of extra crochet hooks & circular knitting needles.  Will throw in some pattern books and yarn for anyone interested in a swap.
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #219 on: March 25, 2013 07:33:13 AM »

Yay!  Can't wait to see more of socks from you Missmoppet!
The silverware is some that I got from ehinders in a personal swap.  Have fun crafting with them! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bronzed Look and Bold Lashes Tutorial
How to Get Cool Girl Eyeliner
How to Cover a Blemish
How to Use Scotch Tape to Perfect Liquid Eyeliner
Laura Mercier: How to Flawlessly Apply Your Foundation
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...