A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,155
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Old Fashioned Book Lovers Swap, send by Feb 26  (Read 28258 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RougeRaven
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2013 09:45:36 PM »

Any comicbook/graphic novel fans?

I love the Walking Dead, Y the Last Man, and Locke and Key! I just started getting into comics/graphic novels this past year, but they are so fun and relatively easy to breeze through. My best friend got a Y the Last Man panel tattoo on her arm and toyed with the idea of getting a whole sleeve based on comics.

That comic sleeve sounds awesome. Those are three of my favorites too  Grin I also love Fables and Scalped, plus Adventure Time, as well as Fionna and Cake.

Flyraeven- I am relieved to hear I'm no the only one who listed only books they haven't read. I own books I love so I don't need copies. I hope my partner is willing to make something based on a book I've read but didn't add to my list (Like Oryx and Crake)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2013 03:57:11 AM »

I've read a few comic books . graphic novels, and really enjoyed them. But not many - the choice i so broad, and they're kind of expensive (even second hand they're not cheap) so I guess I'm a bit overwhelmed where to start. I have read a few that were given to me - Neverwhere, Ghostworld, Watchmen, V, and I'm part way through the Sandman series (I do love gaimen). Any recommendations?

I only listed books I've not read, too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
kriSmith
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2013 05:23:15 AM »

I have never read any of the books on my list either. I've never even heard of the books that are being discussed now. I pretty much stick to my favorite generes, mystery/suspense and chick lit as they call it on Good Reads.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/krismith/

Would love to do personal swaps - collection items for my Duck's Unlimited women's raffle
psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2013 06:56:31 AM »

I only listed books I haven't read (and of course, don't already own) as well.   I have a GoodReads account that is mostly defunct, but I think maybe I'll get into it again. I track my to-read list through a system of Amazon wishlists (by genre or topic), and track my books-read list in Word documents, which I summarize on my blog sporadically. . . .

I love apocalyptic/post-apoc. fiction. I just finished the 1959 novel Alas Babylon and I enjoyed it. It reminds me of Walking Dead in the sense that the male protagonist assumes responsibility for the group/becomes the figure of justice and the plot is character driven.

I'm a big post-apoc fan too, and I've been "reading" Alas, Babylon as an audiobook during my commute. I don't usually do the audiobook thing, but I listen to podcasts all the time, so I figured I'd give it a try. But I've actually been listening to it since September, so maybe the audios aren't really my thing. Wink But I'm enjoying the story! (though the voices the male reader does for the women make me laugh - which brings a totally different tone to the book, but amuses me).

I'm not a huge graphic novel person - I generally find them too quick - but I've read a few. Y the Last Man and Persepolis are two that come to mind.

And unrelated to that, I also read a lot of urban fantasy, paranormal romance, and historical romance. Any other mass-market paperback type fans? Smiley (Just of of curiousity - my wish list for THIS swap is still full of books from the two lists!)

« Last Edit: January 18, 2013 06:57:49 AM by psyche » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2013 01:31:38 PM »

I have never read any of the books on my list either. I've never even heard of the books that are being discussed now. I pretty much stick to my favorite generes, mystery/suspense and chick lit as they call it on Good Reads.

I read lots of mystery and I also enjoy some good chick lit every now and again!

And unrelated to that, I also read a lot of urban fantasy, paranormal romance, and historical romance. Any other mass-market paperback type fans? Smiley (Just of of curiousity - my wish list for THIS swap is still full of books from the two lists!)

I think that you just summed up my favorite genre's right here!  I read for enjoyment these days rather than for an education and so I tend to read more "fluff" than anything
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mthrasher138

I ♥ personal swaps!

« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2013 01:41:38 PM »

Kim Harrison, Gail Carriger, Laurell K. Hamilton, Charlaine Harris, and Patricia Briggs are my favorite authors so I read paranormal/fantasy all the time. Cheesy The great thing about this swap is that I got to pick some books I've wanted to read, but aren't necessarily in my favorite genre.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2013 02:52:38 PM »

I'm a dystopian fangirl. I like Hunger Games, Uglies, Cinder, Ready Player One, and I love me some Cory Doctorow.

I also love me some Science Fiction Fantasy, and was happy to read the Souless graphic novels. I tried listening to the books and could never get into, but I really wanted to know the story so I was very pleased to read the GN. Sad I have to wait until the summer to get vol 3 however.

When I took my Science Fiction and Fantasy Class Oryx and Crank was recommend, and now its waiting for me at the library! Maybe I'll listen to it this weekend.  

I also like Fractured Fairytales and Harry Potter.

Strangely most books are coming in pairs and it is driving me a bit crazy. Before I read so many books about Urban Fairy's I can't tell them apart. Now I can't keep Matched and Delirium separated. They merge in my head and each part of the trilogy seems to come out at the same time.

One of my current pet peeves is the Zombie Romance Fiction. I keep picturing in my head the couple making out and the zombie's jaw falling into his/her lap. None of the Zombie's that I've read were actually zombies. I think they were more ghosts. However I am intrigued by that new movie where a zombie falls in love with a human. I'll have to see it, and figure out if rotting flesh can ever be sexy  Roll Eyes

I'm on good reads, and I've friended some of you.

I just counted how many books I read/listened to last year. 72! That is more than one book a week. How exciting Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013 03:03:05 PM by Eiseldora » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jfer007
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2013 04:19:31 PM »

Today I went to a used book store and got even more excited for this swap! They had two levels of books and all in like new condition! I can't wait to go back when we get partners!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2013 05:12:43 PM »

http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/4907854-shawna-troyer?format=html&shelf=to-read

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4907854-shawna-troyer

I love paranormal/fantasy books too (Hamilton, Briggs, Harrison are some of my fav's too). Really want to read Cinder. I kinda kept my list to classics more than "Want to read like crazy".
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013 05:19:17 PM by Eclectic Dreamer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
RougeRaven
« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2013 05:53:48 PM »

I only listed books I haven't read (and of course, don't already own) as well.   I have a GoodReads account that is mostly defunct, but I think maybe I'll get into it again. I track my to-read list through a system of Amazon wishlists (by genre or topic), and track my books-read list in Word documents, which I summarize on my blog sporadically. . . .

I love apocalyptic/post-apoc. fiction. I just finished the 1959 novel Alas Babylon and I enjoyed it. It reminds me of Walking Dead in the sense that the male protagonist assumes responsibility for the group/becomes the figure of justice and the plot is character driven.

I'm a big post-apoc fan too, and I've been "reading" Alas, Babylon as an audiobook during my commute. I don't usually do the audiobook thing, but I listen to podcasts all the time, so I figured I'd give it a try. But I've actually been listening to it since September, so maybe the audios aren't really my thing. Wink But I'm enjoying the story! (though the voices the male reader does for the women make me laugh - which brings a totally different tone to the book, but amuses me).

I'm not a huge graphic novel person - I generally find them too quick - but I've read a few. Y the Last Man and Persepolis are two that come to mind.

I was thinking about audio books voices the other day. It really is hard for men to pull off the female voices. I prefer it when they just read with emotion rather than trying to talking in a squeaky pseudo girl voice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Colorful Centerpiece
How to Make a Chest of Drawers from Recyclable Materials (with subtitles)
How to Make a Chest of Drawers from Recyclable Materials
Simple Balloon Clover Tutorial
How to Arrange a Tulip Bowl Centerpiece
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...