A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
475 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Old Fashioned Book Lovers Swap, send by Feb 26  (Read 27378 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

calixita
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

thought I heard a saxophone; I'm drunk on the moon

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2013 09:57:26 AM »

I also put Oryx and Crake on my swap list.  I haven't read any Margaret Atwood in quite a while but I remember enjoying The Blind Assassin and Cat's Eye.  I have read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy but it was eons ago and I don't own it!  So I felt compelled to put it on my swap list.
Some of my favorites off the lists were Catch 22, Beloved, The Bridge over the San Luis Rey, Midnight's Children, The House of Spirits, To Kill a Mockingbird, 100 Years of Solitude, and The Lord of the Rings  and Harry Potter series.
I'm taking Kavalier and Clay on vacation with me!  I'm looking forward to enjoying some good books and margaritas by the pool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RougeRaven
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2013 10:14:29 AM »

I also put Oryx and Crake on my swap list.  I haven't read any Margaret Atwood in quite a while but I remember enjoying The Blind Assassin and Cat's Eye.  I have read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy but it was eons ago and I don't own it!  So I felt compelled to put it on my swap list.
Some of my favorites off the lists were Catch 22, Beloved, The Bridge over the San Luis Rey, Midnight's Children, The House of Spirits, To Kill a Mockingbird, 100 Years of Solitude, and The Lord of the Rings  and Harry Potter series.
I'm taking Kavalier and Clay on vacation with me!  I'm looking forward to enjoying some good books and margaritas by the pool!

Oryx and Crake is one of my favorite books! Have you read the sequel, Year of the Flood?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
StickerChic87
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2013 11:07:50 AM »

I just joined Goodreads, if anyone wants to add me (havent quite figured out how to add others yet Roll Eyes). "bethwalker07"

I just finished the Maze Runner trilogy last night.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013 11:08:48 AM by StickerChic87 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2013 11:22:39 AM »

Oryx and Crake is one of my favorite books! Have you read the sequel, Year of the Flood?
yup Smiley I didn't think it was quite as good, but still excellent. my boy throught it was the other way around!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2013 11:50:21 AM »

oooh I think I may have to sign up for this!!! I will have to peruse the lists to see what's on there but I know I have a ton of books on my "too read list"

I am on Goodreads!  The link is either in my signature or my profile...

I like Neil Gaiman but my fave by him is Neverwhere.

As for favorite books hmmmm probably books no one has ever heard of before... Heart of the West, Swan Song, A Boys Life, 19 Minutes, She's Come Undone, The Harry Potter Series, The Outlander Series....Oh this list could get rather long! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mthrasher138

I ♥ personal swaps!

« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2013 12:11:05 PM »

I liked the sound or Oryx and Crake and included in my questionnaire - has anyone read that?

I haven't, but I have read The Handmaid's Tale. I really liked it so I put Oryx and Crake on my list, too.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

StickerChic87
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2013 12:16:01 PM »

I liked the sound or Oryx and Crake and included in my questionnaire - has anyone read that?

I haven't, but I have read The Handmaid's Tale. I really liked it so I put Oryx and Crake on my list, too.  Smiley

Same here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fancybutch

« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2013 12:50:19 PM »

The interesting thing about this was choosing books I haven't read.  I have so little time to read (and truthfully am addicted to newsy articles on the internet these days) that I read almost exclusively within my favourite narrow genres.  It was good to have to stretch and look at titles I haven't read but know I would likely enjoy, a little push for myself Smiley

Also, Atwood is the best.  The.  Best.  And she's Canadian. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2013 12:52:56 PM »

The interesting thing about this was choosing books I haven't read.  I have so little time to read (and truthfully am addicted to newsy articles on the internet these days) that I read almost exclusively within my favourite narrow genres.  It was good to have to stretch and look at titles I haven't read but know I would likely enjoy, a little push for myself Smiley

Also, Atwood is the best.  The.  Best.  And she's Canadian. Smiley

I read all the time but I also tend to stick to the few genre's that usually read.  I added 6-7 books off the Gilmore Girls list and the rest were from my to read list on Goodreads.  That way there is a bit of variety for my future partner...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2013 01:12:02 PM »

I listen to audiobooks instead of reading. I can share the experience with my DH, and listen to them in the car during my commute.

I signed up for a free class on Science Fiction and Fantasy. It was great and forced me to read and write essays on classics like Frankenstein, Dracula, Alice in Wonderland, and Princess of Mars. It was 11 weeks of awesome. The only week I didn't participate was on the Left Hand of Darkness. I couldn't find the book in audio and I could never find the time to sit and read it.

I think I'll sit this swap out since I don't actually read the books. I don't want to force my partner to buy me an audiobook.

It does look like everyone will have fun Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Curl Long Hair With a Curling Iron
How to Style Long Hair With Pierre Michel Salon
Accessory Trend: Hair Jewels
Why NYC Women Love Platinum Seamless Hair Extensions
How To Do Three Easy Hair Styles With Oscar Blandi Styling Pin
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...