Calling all book lovers! Let's swap books and craft something bookish!CLICK HERE
to go to the gallery
You will choose at least 10 books that you would like to read from one of the following lists (you will only receive one of them, your partner's choice; and if you can only come up with 8 or 9, that's okay!):Modern Library 100 Best Novels
(there are actually 2 lists there with 100 books each, but many of the same books are on both lists)Gilmore Girls Book List
(this is a list of books that were mentioned in the TV series "Gilmore Girls". It has nothing to do with the show, though, so if you are like me and have never seen the show, it doesn't matter! It includes a broader range of books than the first list.)
When you are assigned a partner, you will choose ONE of the books that your partner wants to read, and purchase the book (can be new, or used in good condition). Read it before you send it if you want to! Then craft two things:
--a medium-ish item based either on the book, or books/reading in general
So you will be sending your partner one book, one crafted bookmark, and one medium-size crafted item. And since you will be receiving a book in return, you could actually read two new books by participating in this swap.
If there is a book you've been longing for that's not on the list, just mention it in the thread and I will make a list of "craftster picks" that can be chosen from too.Details of swap:
--You will purchase one book from your partner's list, and send it along with one bookmark and one medium crafted item.
--You will have 5 1/2 weeks to craft, from January 19 to February 26
--Please post in this thread (or the gallery thread) at least once a week so we know you are still crafting with us.
--Extras are allowed, but you should mention it to your partner if it's anything substantial.*PLEASE READ THIS!*
- No one like to be flaked on, so if you aren't sure if you can do this swap, don't sign up.
- You must get delivery confirmation if sending within the U.S., or a mailing receipt if sending elsewhere.
- If you must send late, let the organizers and your partner know ASAP.
- Good communication is very important. Please stay in touch by posting weekly in the swap thread.
- PM both organizers and your partner when you send and when you receive.
- Please post photos of the package you receive in the gallery, and take pictures of what you make before you send it.
- HAVE FUN!
Limited to a certain number of people? Yes, 40
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
Additional age requirement? No
Craftster members who are organizing this swap: Leslieshappyheart and susanab
Sign-up date range: January 11-January 19
Date to send by: February 26, 2013
Swap Co-organizers themselves meet these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: Yes
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: Yes
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: Yes
- Is at least 18 years old: Yes
Swap Co-organizers will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: Yes
- Has posted at least 15 times: Yes
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: Yes
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: Yes
- Does not have any negative feedback: Yes
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: Yes
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: Yes
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: Yes
If you have any questions about this or anything else, please ask your co-organizers .
If you want to participate, send the questionnaire below to both "susanab", and "Leslieshappyheart"QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Old Fashioned Book Lovers Swap
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country in correct shipping format:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that you are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval (YES/NO)
1. Do you have any allergies that are strong enough to prevent you from being partnered with certain people?
2. Do you have any other allergies or things to avoid (such as nickel or animal products)?
3. Do you have any allergens (pets, smoke) in your house (please be specific)?
4. Name a few of your favorite themes that your partner might use in your crafted items:
5. Are there any themes your partner should avoid?
6. What are your favorite colors, or color combinations?
7. Are there any colors your partner should avoid?
8. Are there any crafted items that you would especially like to receive?
9. Are there any crafted items that you do not wish to receive?
10. What crafts do you do?
11. Please give a link to your Pinterest, wist, etsy favorites, etc:
12. Please add a few more details about yourself, your style, and your tastes. The more information you give, the better your partner can craft for you.
And now, list at least 10 books you would be happy to receive:
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR QUESTIONNAIRE TO BOTH “susanab”, AND “Leslieshappyheart” VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE; DO NOT POST IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap