A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,794
Currently Running With Scissors:
784 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Old Fashioned Book Lovers Swap, send by Feb 26  (Read 27383 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

when_im_sixty4
Perpetually awkward

Craft Big, Dream Bigger!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2013 07:58:04 PM »

I just recently (like, days ago) signed up for Goodreads. My problem is that I'm so into reading my book that I don't think to get on the internet and update something like that.  Roll Eyes  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"[crafting] fills my days,
not to mention the living room, bedroom, and closets."
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2013 08:50:41 PM »

Kim Harrison, Gail Carriger, Laurell K. Hamilton, Charlaine Harris, and Patricia Briggs are my favorite authors so I read paranormal/fantasy all the time. Cheesy The great thing about this swap is that I got to pick some books I've wanted to read, but aren't necessarily in my favorite genre.

That's exactly how I'm thinking about it. Reading some more outside my genres. Charlaine Harris, Patricia Briggs, Kresley Cole, & Kelley Armstrong are some of my favourites. I've just started the Gail Carriger books, and they are great.

Strangely most books are coming in pairs and it is driving me a bit crazy. Before I read so many books about Urban Fairy's I can't tell them apart. Now I can't keep Matched and Delirium separated. They merge in my head and each part of the trilogy seems to come out at the same time.

I just counted how many books I read/listened to last year. 72! That is more than one book a week. How exciting Cheesy

Oh, the YA books are especially bad for that. The Melissa Marr and Holly Black urban, gritty fairy books seemed like such a similar tone I couldn't tell them apart.

And I did my annual numbers-breakdown and genre roundup for book in 2012 a couple weeks ago - check it out if anyone's interested: http://jessicapeter1.blogspot.ca/2013/01/books-in-2012.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wdicwg

Remember that life is beautiful!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2013 11:11:46 PM »

I was hoping to do this swap, but now I won't be able to but I will be stalking to see all of your awesome book related crafts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is a drug I cannot live without." ~Cecil B. DeMille

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. ~Robert Brault

http://pinterest.com/swaffe08/
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2013 06:24:49 AM »

HAPPY PARTNER DAY, EVERYONE!!!

Partners are now listed on the first page. I must say, this was the hardest swap that I've ever had to partner, because in addition to trying to match crafting and personal interests, I was also trying to match reading interests, and I discovered that all those things don't usually match up!  So you will probably find that your partner has different interests and/or taste in books--I hope that our love of reading will make this fun for all, even if you have to go outside your comfort zone when choosing a book or craft for your partner.

Questionnaires will be arriving shortly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
mthrasher138

I ♥ personal swaps!

« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2013 06:31:29 AM »

I'm a dystopian fangirl. I like Hunger Games, Uglies, Cinder, Ready Player One, and I love me some Cory Doctorow.

One of my current pet peeves is the Zombie Romance Fiction. I keep picturing in my head the couple making out and the zombie's jaw falling into his/her lap. None of the Zombie's that I've read were actually zombies. I think they were more ghosts. However I am intrigued by that new movie where a zombie falls in love with a human. I'll have to see it, and figure out if rotting flesh can ever be sexy  Roll Eyes

Ready Player One is on my "to read" list. Is it any good?

I've been reading the white trash zombie series by Diana Rowland. I like the stories and her take on zombies. As long as they keep eating brains they stay "human", if they stop they start to rot and act like classic zombies. It's different, but I like it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jfer007
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2013 06:46:19 AM »

I've been reading the white trash zombie series by Diana Rowland. I like the stories and her take on zombies. As long as they keep eating brains they stay "human", if they stop they start to rot and act like classic zombies. It's different, but I like it.

White Trash Zombie sounds great. I've never heard of it, but it really does sound glorious. I'm going to have to look for when I go to the library.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2013 07:05:20 AM »

Questionnaires have now been sent.  If you did not receive one, or if there is any other problem, please let me know ASAP so I can fix it today.

Have fun stalking, everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
Staar84
« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2013 07:39:07 AM »

Sorry about the extremely long post, I want to comment on everything!

First, here's my goodreads, I'm sending friend requests as we speak: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2799927-erin

Any comicbook/graphic novel fans?

I love the Walking Dead, Y the Last Man, and Locke and Key! I just started getting into comics/graphic novels this past year, but they are so fun and relatively easy to breeze through. My best friend got a Y the Last Man panel tattoo on her arm and toyed with the idea of getting a whole sleeve based on comics.

I've just started getting into comics too. Of course the first series I loved isn't running anymore :/ But I'm reading Walking Dead and want to start Sandman or Fables next. I'm looking forward to the all female X-men issues coming in March though.

And unrelated to that, I also read a lot of urban fantasy, paranormal romance, and historical romance. Any other mass-market paperback type fans? Smiley (Just of of curiousity - my wish list for THIS swap is still full of books from the two lists!)

Kim Harrison, Gail Carriger, Laurell K. Hamilton, Charlaine Harris, and Patricia Briggs are my favorite authors so I read paranormal/fantasy all the time. Cheesy The great thing about this swap is that I got to pick some books I've wanted to read, but aren't necessarily in my favorite genre.

I LOVE Gail Carriger! I haven't read the others yet, I started the first Sookie Stackhouse novel but I couldn't get into it. I might try it again now, since I've become addicted to True Blood. I'm just not a big fan of detailed love scenes in novels

One of my current pet peeves is the Zombie Romance Fiction. I keep picturing in my head the couple making out and the zombie's jaw falling into his/her lap.

This is the greatest visual ever. Thank you!

I'm a dystopian fangirl. I like Hunger Games, Uglies, Cinder, Ready Player One, and I love me some Cory Doctorow.

Ready Player One is on my "to read" list. Is it any good?

I'm interested in Ready Player One as well. I've heard good things about it. I love dystopian books too, although I haven't gotten to Maze Runner yet (that and Forest of Hands and Teeth are literally buried in my to-read pile right now). And White Trash Zombie sounds interesting, I may have to check it out.

Partners are now listed on the first page. I must say, this was the hardest swap that I've ever had to partner, because in addition to trying to match crafting and personal interests, I was also trying to match reading interests, and I discovered that all those things don't usually match up!  So you will probably find that your partner has different interests and/or taste in books--I hope that our love of reading will make this fun for all, even if you have to go outside your comfort zone when choosing a book or craft for your partner.

Questionnaires will be arriving shortly.

I am VERY excited about my partner and have a few ideas already! You did a great job, thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist

Hi, my name is Erin and I'm addicted to swapping...

International Snack Swap
Star Trek V
One Tiny Monster Swap
flyraeven
« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2013 09:29:47 AM »

Yay, PARTNERS! I am stoked to stalk my partner now!

I totally forgot I even had a GoodReads account! Its somewhat out of date, but I will be looking everyone else up and friending, so if anyone is interested, here's mine:http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/10714242-amber

I am going to update that today as well.

Happy crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My great grandchildren came to me in a dream and asked me what I did while the world was unraveling. -Marcia Starck

My WISTful thinking...http://www.wists.com/flyraeven
flyraeven
« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2013 09:39:55 AM »

One of my current pet peeves is the Zombie Romance Fiction. I keep picturing in my head the couple making out and the zombie's jaw falling into his/her lap. None of the Zombie's that I've read were actually zombies. I think they were more ghosts. However I am intrigued by that new movie where a zombie falls in love with a human. I'll have to see it, and figure out if rotting flesh can ever be sexy  Roll Eyes

I'm on good reads, and I've friended some of you.

I just counted how many books I read/listened to last year. 72! That is more than one book a week. How exciting Cheesy

I was surprised at how much I enjoy dystopian stories/books. When I first heard about the Hunger Games my initial reaction was "What the heck is this? Why would anyone want to read about children killing each other?" But then a friend convinced me to read it and I was instantly hooked. I really want to read Ready Player One, too. I was also relieved to see I am not the only one on here that indulges in paranormal romance!

I don't even really remember the books I put on my questionnaire but they were all books that I have wanted to read but probably wouldn't have picked out for myself, so I am excited to see what my partner does!

Also, YES! I completely agree with the zombie love sentiments. It doesn't sound sexy in the least!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My great grandchildren came to me in a dream and asked me what I did while the world was unraveling. -Marcia Starck

My WISTful thinking...http://www.wists.com/flyraeven
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Stripes Are The Hottest New Spring Trend
5 Ways To Wear Suspender Tights
Ways To Wear Trendy Statement Suits
Featured Blogger: Mayte Doll
80s Fashion Dance Video: New Leaf by Samir
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...