A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
430 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hat-along -- 13 in '13!  (Read 13247 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mandyandbingley
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2013 09:18:29 PM »

So cute, yofi! I love spiral hats, I have to try one someday.

This is my latest hat (I really need that baby blanket yarn to get in stock, lol!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2013 08:29:18 AM »

That is a cute pattern!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 110/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
yofi
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2013 11:26:00 AM »

Nice hat, mandyandbingley -- is that your own pattern?  I love the way it frames the face -- very dramatic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandyandbingley
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2013 06:36:46 PM »

Thanks, no it's not my pattern, not quite to the point of designing my own hats. This is Lutine by Alex Tinsley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yofi
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2013 03:58:52 PM »

Sorry to be such a sluggardly poster -- I start a knit-along and then disappear.

Still working away on clearing out my stash with hats -- finally put down an ginormous skein of "Mixed berries" Sensations yarn with three smallish hats.  Kinda cute, if I say so myself!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2013 06:01:25 AM »

I think they are really cute!!  I love the colors of the yarn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PINTEREST
Will swap for art
indigo_roses
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2013 04:30:28 AM »

love the colors, yofi!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
yofi
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2013 05:45:39 PM »

Another stash bustin' weekend, this time with Ginny Sheller's 'Newborn hat with a touch of lace'.   (http://www.gsheller.com/2009/08/the-story-of-a-hat-pattern-included.html)

These are a little larger; more like toddler size, but I'd like to try a few more in really luxurious yarn.

This picture shows the lace in a little better detail:

I'm curious where your hats go -- do you decide to make a hat for a person and then search for the perfect pattern?  Or do you make the hat out of curiosity, and then search for the perfect vict... recipient?

For a few years a group of friends donated a large bag of hats - knit, crocheted and sewn - to an area homeless shelter in the fall.  Last winter when I was on the bus, I saw a little kid in a hat I swear was one of mine; a scrappy hat with lots of pinks and purples and oranges.  She dropped the hat as her mother was sweeping her off the bus, but she kicked up such a fuss that her mom had to come back and to get it.  The mother rolled her eyes and said something like 'god, she loves this hat.'  Made my day!

The kids hats I'm making this year are going to the Children's Hospital to be Christmas presents for kids.  I have fun, I clear out my stash -- and some little kid has a warm head.  Full of win!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013 06:18:25 PM by yofi » THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2013 06:26:53 AM »

Those are adorable! Thanks for the link.

Yofi--my hubby teaches drums to kids and usually wears a hat that I crochet or knit for him...sometimes a student will ask about his hat so my hubby volunteers me to make them one! Cheesy  Usually those are specific in style, color, shape...the most popular is a ribbed beanie with stripes in school colors, skulls, etc.

I also donate a lot to the homeless shelter in our city...I have seen my hats on various people but I have never said anything because I don't want to embarrass them in anyway...I did ask once where the person got his hat and he did say that he got it for free because some nice ladies make hats and donate them Cheesy  I did not tell him it was one of my hats, but I knew he like it! Cheesy

I have recently been donating hats to the cancer center where my Mom goes for treatment...they have a huge basket full of hats that patients can take home when they come in for transfusions or chemo...sad, but I rarely see any of the patients more than the one time... Sad

Sounds like kids make the best recipients because they really get attached to a favorite piece of clothing and they seem to be able to wear a hat for many years...they stretch!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PINTEREST
Will swap for art
yofi
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2013 12:54:52 PM »

sometimes digging thru your stash is like an archeological expedition.  I remember way-back-when, when  I was so in love with Fun Fur yarn -- made hats, scarves, felted purses and all sorts of things with it.  I found a bag of partial skeins at the bottom of a box, and decided to use them up for more kids hats.  They turned out nicely enough, I think I may buy more for a hat for me....

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Diamond Cable Stitch Part 9/9
How to Crochet a Diamond Cable Stitch Part 8/9
How to Crochet a Dish Cloth Part 1/9
How to Crochet a Diamond Cable Stitch Part 6/9
How to Crochet a Diamond Cable Stitch Part 7/9
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...