A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,961
Currently Running With Scissors:
429 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hat-along -- 13 in '13!  (Read 14899 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #150 on: November 01, 2013 07:45:42 AM »

hmmm...where are you stuck? I am betting that the whole thing comes together in the end...there is a lot of picking up stitches in that hat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coulsenl
« Reply #151 on: November 02, 2013 09:50:02 PM »

I've finished my first 3 hats, all infant sized beanies. I'm pretty pleased with how they all turned out.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi
« Reply #152 on: November 03, 2013 05:59:23 PM »

Lovely beanies, coulsenl; they look nice and warm!

Pleased to say the Max Hat finally did come together.  I was stuck on the part where you attach the I-cord brim to the body of the hat.  As it turns out, you have to fold the brim up -- and then roll it back a bit.

You're right, always, there is a lot of picking up stitches -- not one of my favorite things!  I also discovered I don't care for knitting "in-the-round" on two needles, and there's a ton of that on the ears, the crown points and the ear flaps.  My sister suggested I try using two circulars next time. 

This is going to the daughter of a friend of mine for her birthday, along with a copy of "Where The Wild Things Are"

And then, just because I've got sooooo many scraps to knit up....

I may end up keeping this one for me.  I should get at least one hat out of this adventure, don't you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #153 on: November 04, 2013 06:45:27 AM »

Wonderful job yofi!!  I knew you could do it!  It looks great and you have encouraged me to try it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

that1girl
i want to learn every craft there is

crafting for the fun of it

« Reply #154 on: November 05, 2013 05:54:32 AM »

no pattern, made just like the last pink beanie just smaller
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi
« Reply #155 on: November 05, 2013 01:46:09 PM »

Love the colors -- like candy sprinkles!

Good luck with the hat, always; it's a pretty cool pattern.  I'm looking forward to trying it again in a slightly larger (adult) version.  the designer seems to recommend needles 2 sizes smaller than the yarn suggests, to make it stiffer.  I started with the recommended #6 for Vanna's Choice yarn, altho' I admit I inadvertantly picked up #8 when I picked up the rown, and scaled back to #7's when I realized the error.  Can't really fault the designer for anything, after that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loveofcuteness
« Reply #156 on: November 07, 2013 12:25:43 PM »

I love the scraps hat. Such a good idea. I will have to eventually attempt it. I also like the baby beanies, and crown hat, and the bright striped hat. Ok I like everyones hats. Truly. Somehow others's always look nicer.

I am stuck on the last hat, also known as the husband hat. Lol. He keeps changing his mind even though he clearly saw the pattern picture and approved it beforehand. I cut out the inside tag of a shirt of his favorite soccer team and sewed it on the brim. He now wants a longer brim so apart it all goes.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2013 12:31:10 PM by loveofcuteness » THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi
« Reply #157 on: November 07, 2013 07:02:34 PM »

Now *that's* a kindly knitter!  Especially since those look like tiny needles....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #158 on: November 08, 2013 06:31:48 AM »

Thanks for the tips, yofi...I just found a beret pattern that my friend Limeriot sent to me that I want to cast on this weekend.  She also sent me some lovely grey wool to make it with...I think the needles might be size 2...Grin...she knows I love working with tiny needles the best...

loveofcuteness--you are very accommodating...I would have ripped off the tag and put it on a newly knit one...uh, no I wouldn't have...I just realized that just last week I ripped out a huge shawl that I knitted a few years ago because I wanted the yarn for something else...lol Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loveofcuteness
« Reply #159 on: November 10, 2013 02:57:46 PM »

Last hat done. Now the Mr doesn't like the brim of the hat at all after all the trouble I went to making it longer. Lol. I am giving hats a rest for the rest of year. Ok maybe just one more.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Highlight Your Hair Without Any Damage
Hair Takes Spotlight in Anti-Aging Boom
4 Best Ways to Use Hairspray
How to Combat Thinning Hair
Hair With Hollie: Anne Hathaway Short Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...