A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
420 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing ATC Swap - January 2013 Gallery!  (Read 31342 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kwality570
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2013 08:54:11 PM »

I love all of them.  Especially the kitty by jillybeans. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cabaute

Fickle Crafter Extraordinaire

A loving heart is the truest wisdom. -Dickens

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2013 09:14:10 PM »

Is that awesome card from kwality570 3-d?  I swear I see some shadow on the horns.  So fun!

I love the cross-stitch fox; super cute!!!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013 09:17:03 PM by cabaute » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/cabaute/
Yay!  I had a featured project! Faux Taxidermy introducing Sheldon, the Shoebill Crane
I love personal swaps!
pilarfarmer
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2013 09:42:01 PM »

i got 2 cards in the mail today,
the first one is from oathkeeper for my idiom/expression theme
"time flys". i love it it is the 1st for this theme.

the 2nd one is from kwality570 i love her monsters and have wanted one since i first saw them.  Grin her shading is so good they look 3d.
thank you both i LOVE them!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There is a correlation between the creative and the screwball."
Kingman Brewster, Jr., educator

"Where there is fear, there is no creativity"
Christopher Lowell

would love to do small personal swaps
Sugar Rush
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2013 11:10:39 PM »

I've been on vacation for a few days and without internet access, but so glad to be back now so I can see the amazing work put into these cards. Wow! I think my favorites so far have to be the monsters... I love them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2013 12:13:32 PM »

I haven't been able to comment lately because I am using up all my break time updating the list of cards that have been posted, but I have been looking and this is an amazing gallery. The cards are really stunning this go around!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kwality570

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2013 01:34:28 PM »

Is that awesome card from kwality570 3-d?  I swear I see some shadow on the horns.  So fun!

I just looked at the photo and saw that too.  Unfortunately, I think it was just a bad glue job on my behalf.  I guess if it works, though, it's good. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leather and lace

I'm too 'XC' for my spikes!

« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2013 02:35:19 PM »

I got a card from fancybutch on Saturday, but things have been a bit hectic latey, so here it is now   Grin

For my 'interesting word' theme:

"Susurrus". It means a whispering or rustling sound. Isn't that cool? Fancybutch, that stripey thing you did is totally awesome. Did you use some kind of resist?

Thanks a lot, I love it  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2013 2/50
2013 Art Journal-along

LV Charlotte Bee Marie's Blog: http://little-rabbit-on-the-prairie.blogspot.com/

Little Visitors Swap
Superhero & Comic Fan Swap
Fabric Printing Swap
cabaute

Fickle Crafter Extraordinaire

A loving heart is the truest wisdom. -Dickens

« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2013 06:06:19 PM »

I love the first mail day after a holiday... I felt like I hit the jackpot, with two envelopes awaiting me!!

The first was from Sadie (Leather and Lace), an AWESOME card for my Animal Groups theme...  Wait for it...

An OOZE OF AMEOBAS!!!

How fun is that?!  So. Perfect.  I love the originality of the "animal" (are ameobas an animal?  how would you classify ameobas? Hm....) and the way that the word "ooze" is actually oozing Cheesy
And, it came in one of those awesome little slip covers (love that!).  She sent along an extra paper, too, which is really nice.
Here's a little shot with the extra in it:

Next are TWO cards from Alynna (Susie Apple), the one she signed up for and an extra!  The first one is for my SKULLS theme:

I love the sugar skulls - this is right up my alley, and I love these colors.

Here is the "extra" card - for my Vegetables theme, an Okra card.  I was just talking to John this weekend about how much I miss being able to grow okra.  I used to grow it when we lived near Atlanta, GA and it grew like gangbusters, but when I tried to grow it here in Virginia it took forever to produce pods, and then I only got one or two.  It's one of my favorite vegetables.

Alynna, on both of your cards I love the way you did the layering; it is perfectly balanced and gives the cards such dimension.  I don't know how well they show up in this picture, but the sparkles on the Okra card are really beautiful!

AND... I got more extras!!  Two more papers to use on future ATCs, and also everything came in an incredible hand-made envelope that I felt guilty about even trying to open, for fear of tearing it!  Once I got it open I was able to carefully peel off the addresses (which were on separate attached papers) and can reuse the paper now from that too Cheesy  Here's a pic - I didn't want to reveal the address information to everyone on the internet (took the pic before trying to save the paper), so you can just see the envelope in the back.

I realized from these past few envelopes that came in that I've been SO scroogy on my send-outs!  I didn't even think to toss in extras - it doesn't take much, and based on how much I have personally appreciated the ones sent to me, if I can do that for someone else, it is totally worth it!  So... Please accept my apology, to the 5 partners I already sent to!!!  And, lesson learned.  I'm excited to pick out some little goodies from now on (I am realizing as I think about it and start to get psyched about picking things out that it's part of the fun!).

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013 06:09:09 PM by cabaute » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/cabaute/
Yay!  I had a featured project! Faux Taxidermy introducing Sheldon, the Shoebill Crane
I love personal swaps!
grapeicepop
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2013 06:22:06 PM »

Wow, I got a total of 5 cards in the mail today! Smiley 4 from the January swap.
first for my fairy tale theme from cabaute, A princess and the pea card.

I also got a kwality570 monster for my cute monster theme. Smiley (since i started doing ATC swaps I've loved your monsters, so happy to receive one. Smiley )

I got two for my made up Holiday theme, first from KittyHerman, Talk like a pirate day. Its funny, I go to the pirate festival every year, and its always held the second weekend of September.

The second made up holiday is from leather and lace, Bubble wrap day, I had to resist popping the bubble on this card. Wink

Thank you all I love all of them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fancybutch

« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2013 06:45:12 PM »

more great cards!

I adore kwality's monsters

and the talk like a pirate and bubble wrap day cards are fantastic!

Glad you liked your 'susurrus' card Smiley  I painted the card, then glued on some filmy striped paper, then cut the butterfly stencil, inked around it, stamped on letters.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rock a Messy Milkmaid Braid
VF COLLECTIONS: Marni Spring/Summer 2015 - Milan Fashion Week
Celebrity Fashion: Hair Accessories
How Side Swept Bangs and Light Layers Can Reinvent Your Look
VF NEWS: Temperley London Spring/Summer 2015 - London Fashion Week
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...