A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,482
Currently Running With Scissors:
420 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cricut machine alternatives  (Read 592 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

I see the fire, I see the end.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 09, 2013 07:15:56 AM »

I received a Cricut machine for Christmas but will be returning it, since I learned that I cannot cut my own images, which was the only reason I wanted it. I wanted to use it mostly for stenciling (especially designs with smaller pieces) and would probably use it for some other things, but I really don't scrapbook and I don't want to be limited by their predetermined shapes. I know about the Silhouette Cameo, but that's $270 (on SALE on Amazon right now). That one looks good, but does anyone have any experience with it or any other machines?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They had not brains enough to be introverted and repressed." -Catch-22
etsy shop & faves
sometimeshomemade
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013 07:58:46 PM »

I have the same question. I mostly want a machine for cutting my own images and doing word art. I'm going to borrow my mom's Cricut to see if it will work for the word art at least. Sounds like the Silhouette Cameo is better for doing your own images though from the reviews I've read. I'm keeping my eye on Craig's list for the Cameo. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LauraM
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013 10:30:28 AM »

This is exactly why I got a Silhouette! I have had the SD for a couple years and I LOVE it!! I have no interest in using cartridges or prepackaged things. I specifically got it so that I can design my own things and have it cut them for me.

It has been fabulous!! And I don't see any reason to go for a cameo now, I'm still happy with the SD. Just in case you're interested in saving a couple bucks! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Open for personal swaps! | http://pinterest.com/lmillerphotos/ | Ongoing ATC Swap - Crafting & Sending

If there was a patch for ATC addiction, I would probably try to decorate it and mail it to someone.
haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

I see the fire, I see the end.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013 10:25:39 AM »

This is exactly why I got a Silhouette! I have had the SD for a couple years and I LOVE it!! I have no interest in using cartridges or prepackaged things. I specifically got it so that I can design my own things and have it cut them for me.

It has been fabulous!! And I don't see any reason to go for a cameo now, I'm still happy with the SD. Just in case you're interested in saving a couple bucks! Smiley

Thanks - not sure they still sell the SD model though. I searched it on Amazon, and all that came up was the Cameo and SD accessories. Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They had not brains enough to be introverted and repressed." -Catch-22
etsy shop & faves
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Quick Remedy For Hair Static, from Katia Beauchamp
How To Keep Your Lipstick On All Day,from Katia Beauchamp
Tips To A Healthy Glow In The Winter, from Katia Beauchamp
How to Get Catwalk-Inspired Autumn Glitter Makeup
How to Rock Vampy Dark Eyes and Lips Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...