A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,938
Currently Running With Scissors:
720 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Terry Pratchett's Discworld Swap  (Read 7786 times)
Tags for this thread: discworld  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Conley
I Poke You With Sticks

View Profile WWW
« on: July 03, 2005 07:42:48 AM »

OKay here goes:
This is a package that I got from quack:

It had 2 bookmarks, one w/ DEATH and one w/ a night watch badge:

In also included 2 magnets, one with Vimes (yay!) and one with Greebo:

It included a bunch of stickers of Vimes, Nanny Ogg, and the Great A'tuin (but try as we might the pics come out badly

Upon further inspection you see that the lovely little box is not just any old box:

It has a tongue..... AND

TEETH (that's the white under the lid)
Which could mean only one thing....... The Luggage!!!!!!

Also included were instructions about the luggage:

AND this was just package 1!!! quack is an awesome swap partner, if she swaps more in the future you'll be super lucky to have her!!!!!

And while hubby was taking pics, the babies swarmed him, I never knew that they were Pratchett fans as well:

Thank you quack!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog    http://stephieface.wordpress.com
Ravelry    http://www.ravelry.com/people/Stephieface

2/18/12 - I no longer have the directions for wrapped pens, I lost them several years ago. To obtain them for yourself, do like I did, contact DMC threads directly and ask for them.
quack
the wooley duck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005 10:52:46 AM »

quack is an awesome swap partner, if she swaps more in the future you'll be super lucky to have her!!!!!

Aw, you're too kind!

I'm glad it arrived safely. And, hopefully I'm not spoiling anything, but you may have noticed a definite lack of Nanny Ogg stuff - well, that's where the second package comes in. Ahem.

Anyway! I took some pictures before I sent it off, I'll see if any of the ones I took of the stickers turned out. And I feel like the DEATH bookmark was a bit plain but after I drew him I didn't know what else to add. Undecided

The last picture is so cute! It looks like the Luggage has met its match.

and you're very welcome! It was fun to make.

EDIT: Here are some pics of the stickers, though mine aren't too good either. But it'll give an idea.

And a couple more of the Luggage cause I took a ton of pictures of it.  Cheesy I especially like these two cause the first one looks like it's sticking its tongue out at the camera and the other looks like it's yawning:

« Last Edit: July 03, 2005 12:04:01 PM by quack » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005 01:57:30 PM »

the luggage rocks Smiley I had an idea to buy a little box and make feet for it... but then I realised I had no good way of making feet without it looking very very dead *sigh*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
ilonavg
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005 02:18:35 PM »

Thanks for starting the gallery!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In olden times when wishing still helped one...
quack
the wooley duck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005 11:22:59 AM »

the luggage rocks Smiley I had an idea to buy a little box and make feet for it... but then I realised I had no good way of making feet without it looking very very dead *sigh*

Thanks!
I considered the feet. In the end the only two ways I could think of were to either make the feet from clay and hope that I was able to get them all even on the bottom so it would actually stand, or buy a whole bunch of doll feet and hope they would actually hold it up. In the end I decided the Luggage only had feet when it was on the move and I wouldn't be able to recreate it correctly anyway (hundreds of little feet would be a bit out of my budget) so it's asleep/at rest. However, as I told Conley, if it should wake up I cannot be held responsible.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2005 03:50:35 PM »

Hehehe, yeah... I had the exact same thought. But then I couldn't find doll feet, and I realised I'm not that good at clay... Though I thought of a way to make it good (make a ton of feet attached to some platelike thing of clay, and attach the plate to the box... some of the feet should even it out.. Wink )
or just sow the feet out of felt, and have them spread in every direction, but then it'd look really dead
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2005 04:29:25 PM »

I was going to make the whole case, feet and all, out of clay, but Ilona didn't want knicknacks, so I guess I;ll just make one for myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kat_penguino

I'm a noble rabbit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2005 07:36:12 PM »

OK, so what is discworld? I'm kinda curious though, and I could probably google it, but thought I'd ask here first.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2005 03:24:24 AM »

OK, so what is discworld? I'm kinda curious though, and I could probably google it, but thought I'd ask here first.

o_O
Discworld is the greatest bookseries ever. Fantasy written by Terry Pratchett. Starting out as a not-to-well-kept-together book that parodies fantasy in it's entirety, he has evolved it into a "well working", quite absurd fantasy world. It's comedy and more. It's mostly parodies of everything and anything. For example Wyrd Systers, a parody of Shakespeare's MacBeth, or Moving Pictures, a parody of hollywood.
But it's more, it's a well developed world with places readers by now know by heart. The characters grow and evolve with the books, and appear even in those books they do not "belong" to (like the books where they are the main characters themselves).
It's not common fantasy, with the normal "evil god-like-being, let's kill it" or "let's travel an incredible distance to find something". For example all of the books starring Vimes are, or tend to be, common crime novels. They're just set in a very different place. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2005 04:37:48 AM »

:] Kat obviously hasn't received my July swap package yet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author Mike Dooley
Meet Author Lisa Lutz
Ann Pearlman Reveals Her Favorite Books
Tom Rob Smith Talks About The Secret Speech
Meet Author Nathan McCall
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...