A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 299,136
Currently Running With Scissors:
408 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Terry Pratchett's Discworld Swap  (Read 7759 times)
Tags for this thread: discworld  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2005 03:59:41 AM »

Bah, I see this topic has been updated, I see ilona has posted, I think "yay, pictures!" and get all excited, just to be let down *mutter* Wink

Anyway, just thought I'd post a pic of what I sent Jadey. It's a bad pic, so I was kinda hoping that Jadey would post a pic, and I still hope she will, even after posting my own Grin

They're glass coasters (10x10 cm) with rubber foam stencils which I cut out with my little knife... The librarian was more difficult than I'd expected, whatwith the foam being 1mm thick and all Wink

From left to right, top to bottom:
A'Tuin with the disc on his back (stencil from The Discworld Mapp) - yes the ocean is green
Granny Weatherwax (from a witches illustration by Paul Kidby)
Death (from Soul Music where he's riding the skeleton bike, also by Paul Kidby)
The Librarian, from a general illustration of said character by Paul Kidby
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2005 04:38:40 AM »

Bah, I see this topic has been updated, I see ilona has posted, I think "yay, pictures!" and get all excited, just to be let down *mutter* Wink

Anyway, just thought I'd post a pic of what I sent Jadey. It's a bad pic, so I was kinda hoping that Jadey would post a pic, and I still hope she will, even after posting my own Grin

I'm sorry I disappointed you, melladh. I've been really ill (which I don't really want to go into on this forum).

I do love what you sent and I'll post more photos when I get a chance, along with the photos of the beautiful things Ilona sent me once you have received yours.

Sorry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ilonavg
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2005 04:51:25 AM »

*pats Melladh on the shoulder*
Patience is a virtue, my dear Swedish friend Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In olden times when wishing still helped one...
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2005 05:28:17 AM »

I didn't mean it like that Jadey Smiley I heard you were ill from someone else, when I got a bit stressed that I hadn't heard from you. I'm just a very stressful person (and paranoid to the verge of it being a disease), but that's MY problem, nothing that you have to worry about Cheesy So please don't mind me. I just meant that it'd be fun if you did post a pic, when you find the time, even if it takes a month more, 'cause usually if the sender posts pics the reciever won't, and it's oh so much fun to see the items photographed by someone else Wink

Um I don't know how to express myself about this really. Smiley I can just get a bit "hey, it's been five minutes since someone posted in that topic lately, why isn't anything happening!" partially 'cause I don't have much to do. And I kinda operate on the belief that everyone will take whatever I say with a smile Wink

You haven't disappointed me, don't think stuff like that Smiley

And ilona - I do sin more than virtue.. Wink

I'll stop blabbering now, cause I have to go, but I may be back later to once more point out that people shouldn't mind me being paranoid and overly caffeinated. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 05, 2005 05:59:24 AM by Melladh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2005 03:51:01 PM »

No photos ilona? Huh *curiosity can't be beat*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2005 11:41:16 PM »

*still waiting for a package to arrive*
humdidum...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cutout
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2005 04:46:32 AM »

Oh man, discworld crafts.. so cool. I wish I'd had the presence of mind to join craftster earlier instead of just watching, so I could've been in it! I hate to admit to being quite such a nerd, but I have frequent dreams featuring Vimes and Sybil. Ahhh I think I need some real life friends to dream about, huh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...