A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
460 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Terry Pratchett's Discworld Swap  (Read 8345 times)
Tags for this thread: discworld  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2005 03:59:41 AM »

Bah, I see this topic has been updated, I see ilona has posted, I think "yay, pictures!" and get all excited, just to be let down *mutter* Wink

Anyway, just thought I'd post a pic of what I sent Jadey. It's a bad pic, so I was kinda hoping that Jadey would post a pic, and I still hope she will, even after posting my own Grin

They're glass coasters (10x10 cm) with rubber foam stencils which I cut out with my little knife... The librarian was more difficult than I'd expected, whatwith the foam being 1mm thick and all Wink

From left to right, top to bottom:
A'Tuin with the disc on his back (stencil from The Discworld Mapp) - yes the ocean is green
Granny Weatherwax (from a witches illustration by Paul Kidby)
Death (from Soul Music where he's riding the skeleton bike, also by Paul Kidby)
The Librarian, from a general illustration of said character by Paul Kidby
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2005 04:38:40 AM »

Bah, I see this topic has been updated, I see ilona has posted, I think "yay, pictures!" and get all excited, just to be let down *mutter* Wink

Anyway, just thought I'd post a pic of what I sent Jadey. It's a bad pic, so I was kinda hoping that Jadey would post a pic, and I still hope she will, even after posting my own Grin

I'm sorry I disappointed you, melladh. I've been really ill (which I don't really want to go into on this forum).

I do love what you sent and I'll post more photos when I get a chance, along with the photos of the beautiful things Ilona sent me once you have received yours.

Sorry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ilonavg
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2005 04:51:25 AM »

*pats Melladh on the shoulder*
Patience is a virtue, my dear Swedish friend Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In olden times when wishing still helped one...
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2005 05:28:17 AM »

I didn't mean it like that Jadey Smiley I heard you were ill from someone else, when I got a bit stressed that I hadn't heard from you. I'm just a very stressful person (and paranoid to the verge of it being a disease), but that's MY problem, nothing that you have to worry about Cheesy So please don't mind me. I just meant that it'd be fun if you did post a pic, when you find the time, even if it takes a month more, 'cause usually if the sender posts pics the reciever won't, and it's oh so much fun to see the items photographed by someone else Wink

Um I don't know how to express myself about this really. Smiley I can just get a bit "hey, it's been five minutes since someone posted in that topic lately, why isn't anything happening!" partially 'cause I don't have much to do. And I kinda operate on the belief that everyone will take whatever I say with a smile Wink

You haven't disappointed me, don't think stuff like that Smiley

And ilona - I do sin more than virtue.. Wink

I'll stop blabbering now, cause I have to go, but I may be back later to once more point out that people shouldn't mind me being paranoid and overly caffeinated. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 05, 2005 05:59:24 AM by Melladh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2005 03:51:01 PM »

No photos ilona? Huh *curiosity can't be beat*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2005 11:41:16 PM »

*still waiting for a package to arrive*
humdidum...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cutout
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2005 04:46:32 AM »

Oh man, discworld crafts.. so cool. I wish I'd had the presence of mind to join craftster earlier instead of just watching, so I could've been in it! I hate to admit to being quite such a nerd, but I have frequent dreams featuring Vimes and Sybil. Ahhh I think I need some real life friends to dream about, huh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Rocky Road Fudge
How to Make Delicious Summer Peach Sandwich Cookies
Love at First Bite Cookies with Chef Marcel Cocit
How to Make Geek Themed Desserts
How to Make Superfood Popsicles
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Solar Light Garden Mushroom

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...