A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
381 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Art Journal-along-CLOSED  (Read 17444 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

I am not your carpet ride; I am the sky...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2013 07:56:51 PM »

Goddessgarb's Art Journalings:

(reserved for my artistic meanderings...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theartfuljourney.wordpress.com
Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
Open to Personal Swapping, esp. mail art, supplies, and ephemera
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2013 08:03:29 PM »

I really need to be in on this so I can get somewhere with my art.
I need a good kick in the pants to get anything done.  I need to stop having that yucky voice in my head telling me that I'm just one of the bottom feeders, I know logically that I'm better than that, i just have to play catchup emotionally.  I'm terrified of putting anything down because I've had too many things twisted against me to hurt me.  I need to scream and yell somedays and not have people be angry at me for doing it.

So if you guys can handle me trying not to be too down and depressed, I'd like to try Smiley  of course, right now I would just take not being sick.... yucky virus that turned into sinus gunk with asthma complications.... yucky yucky yucky!
-pj

I find dark art very compelling and extremely courageous, personally!  I hope you feel better soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2013 08:04:35 PM »

I started working on this spread last night. It's not finished yet. I'm doing each spread with a quote to inspired me.

I absolutely love those red bubbles like that.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013 08:11:28 PM by goddessgarb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2013 08:11:27 AM »

only recently started to book bind, and would love to do a leather bound book. As hunting doesn't happen over here (I'm UK) I'm scouring the charity shops for an old leather jacket or skirt to cut up Tongue
I have some leather remnants I can send you if you like? They're upholstery offcuts I was given so they're thicker than clothing leather so they are pretty good for books (I've made mini books with it). Smiley

Oh my! That would be wonderful!

The generosity of crafters never ceases to amaze me - the generosity of spirit, of support and sharing. 

Thank you to everyone for keeping those of us who struggle to trust and believe in humanity going.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2013 08:27:51 AM »

I was going to join this craftalong as I am working on an art journal- But reading the posts my art journal won't fit in it is drawing heavy with occasional accents of ephemera and background techniques-and lots of actual journaling- I will be stalking thou for ideas

I don't see why this won't 'fit-in' - everyone does art journals differently - just as everyone does art differently. You use art and journalling, so it's an art journal, so join!

You're going to be stalking us for ideas - but I'd like to see what you do for ideas & inspiration too Smiley

I really need to be in on this so I can get somewhere with my art.
I need a good kick in the pants to get anything done.  I need to stop having that yucky voice in my head telling me that I'm just one of the bottom feeders, I know logically that I'm better than that, i just have to play catchup emotionally.  I'm terrified of putting anything down because I've had too many things twisted against me to hurt me.  I need to scream and yell somedays and not have people be angry at me for doing it.

So if you guys can handle me trying not to be too down and depressed, I'd like to try Smiley  of course, right now I would just take not being sick.... yucky virus that turned into sinus gunk with asthma complications.... yucky yucky yucky!
-pj

pjr - tell you what we'll do - we'll meet up and have a screaming and yelling session together, then have a hug, a tea/coffee/hot chocolate and a laugh at the rest of the world, then we'll both tell our internal critics where to go and get on with the great crafting we are both capable of, even though we don't believe we can.

Hope you feel better soon x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leather and lace

I'm too 'XC' for my spikes!

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2013 08:49:39 AM »

I was going to join this craftalong as I am working on an art journal- But reading the posts my art journal won't fit in it is drawing heavy with occasional accents of ephemera and background techniques-and lots of actual journaling- I will be stalking thou for ideas

I'm the same way. I go for more of a sketchbook, but that is what this is all about--- trying new things. You should join!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2013 2/50
2013 Art Journal-along

LV Charlotte Bee Marie's Blog: http://little-rabbit-on-the-prairie.blogspot.com/

Little Visitors Swap
Superhero & Comic Fan Swap
Fabric Printing Swap
KaoticKrafter
Creating handmade treasures from recycled materials.

Procraftination- the best way to avoid chores!

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2013 01:46:44 PM »

I think the  more diversity we get to see in artistic type journals, the better!

I've been pretty busy lately in the craft room. Here is one spread I have finished. I have a few backgrounds I have started if you check out my photo hosting.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2013 02:41:44 PM »

I do Have a couple of pages finished and a couple in progress- I just "got" drawing people- an area I need to improve on so my pages a re people heavy

"I Hate you"  is the first page  I created venting my anger directed at someone who  has a way of bringing the worst in me. I plan to create another page of things I like about this person but right now it's a little too soon- I used colored pencil and ink

"Dream Man" embodies qualities I am looking for in a man also done with colored pencils and ink

"a conversation with my fear monster" a work in progress

"Goals for my Life" also a work in progress
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2013 03:57:09 PM »

Kaotic - Love the pages you've finished and the backgrounds.

And teag - wow. I may have to try sketching people but it's hard and scary. I mostly make fingerprint critters when I need to insert a body.

Can't wait to see more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3 - Done
Altered Puzzle Pieces - Done
Ninni Swap in late August
Fall Dotee Swap - Sign ups NOW!
leather and lace

I'm too 'XC' for my spikes!

« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2013 04:48:28 PM »

teag, I love your drawings and the layouts! I may have to steal that goals idea, and maybe the dream man one. Well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2013 2/50
2013 Art Journal-along

LV Charlotte Bee Marie's Blog: http://little-rabbit-on-the-prairie.blogspot.com/

Little Visitors Swap
Superhero & Comic Fan Swap
Fabric Printing Swap
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ponytails of Summer: Twist and Turn
Ponytails of Summer: Fishtail Ponytail
How to Get an Undone Updo
Like A Pro Hair Tips From Ken Paves
Voluminous Barbie Ponytail Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...