A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
403 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Art Journal-along-CLOSED  (Read 17052 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013 07:44:46 AM »

I need a crafty re-boot/ kick in the posterior, so I'm absolutely in!
I think I'm going to try to focus this journal on what I want to be when I grow up too.  Roll Eyes

my art journal
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013 07:47:59 AM by Dragonflower » THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end, only kindness matters.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013 11:49:53 AM »

Linda's Long Life--What I Have Become in 60 Years!
Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Catrinau
Crocheter. Graphic Designer. Mother.

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013 12:53:51 PM »

I'd like to join in!  This will be my first time doing art journaling.  I need something to shove my thoughts and ideas into, though, so I think this will be good. Smiley

Catrinau's Art Journal
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjr107
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013 12:57:24 PM »

I really need to be in on this so I can get somewhere with my art.
I need a good kick in the pants to get anything done.  I need to stop having that yucky voice in my head telling me that I'm just one of the bottom feeders, I know logically that I'm better than that, i just have to play catchup emotionally.  I'm terrified of putting anything down because I've had too many things twisted against me to hurt me.  I need to scream and yell somedays and not have people be angry at me for doing it.

So if you guys can handle me trying not to be too down and depressed, I'd like to try Smiley  of course, right now I would just take not being sick.... yucky virus that turned into sinus gunk with asthma complications.... yucky yucky yucky!
-pj
THIS ROCKS   Logged
audio
Nobody could do that much découpage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013 02:40:41 PM »

I started working on this spread last night. It's not finished yet. I'm doing each spread with a quote to inspired me.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

leather and lace

I'm too 'XC' for my spikes!

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013 03:56:50 PM »

Wow, audio! Thats super cool. Is that bubble wrap looking bit a stencil?

In other news, I dug up an old diary from when I was a kid (can't tell you how relieving it is to destroy the evidence Tongue) and this is my first page. I absolutely hate it. I do a combination of art and regular journaling, and this was a stream of consciousness page. I'm going to try for something better once the glitter letters dry (I don't even like glitter. . . ?)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2013 2/50
2013 Art Journal-along

LV Charlotte Bee Marie's Blog: http://little-rabbit-on-the-prairie.blogspot.com/

Little Visitors Swap
Superhero & Comic Fan Swap
Fabric Printing Swap
KaoticKrafter
Creating handmade treasures from recycled materials.

Procraftination- the best way to avoid chores!

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013 07:42:18 PM »

Audio- I love the spread. The layers and texture make me want to touch the page to see what it feels like :0)

Leather and Lace- Are you creating over your previously journal pages? That's pretty cool. I've done a few spreads that way and it feels so good to cover the old and ugly with new and beautiful.

I am in the process of creating my journal. It's ending up to be more of a process then I thought. I am mashing together a few different pieces of cardboard for the covers (though that's done). I glued multiple layers of discarded book pages together to create the pages I will work on. I love the feel of gluing old book pages together. Makes them sturdy while keeping that old paper look and feel. I put a thin layer of gesso over all of the pages (which is a first for me). Right now I only have about 15 pages, but I decided to go with a 3 ring journal so I can add pages later, or take pages out to work on them while others are drying.

And now I am done babbling. I will get some pictures on here tomorrow (or the next day cause we are suppose to be going skiing tomorrow). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leather and lace

I'm too 'XC' for my spikes!

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013 08:07:40 PM »

Well, I didn't art journal until recently, but I am journaling over my old diary entries from when I was around 10 or eleven. Apparently I thought I was in love with a nameless boy who I can barely stand to speak to anymore, he's so annoying  Tongue It makes me grimace just reading them  Roll Eyes It feels amazing to cover all that up lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2013 2/50
2013 Art Journal-along

LV Charlotte Bee Marie's Blog: http://little-rabbit-on-the-prairie.blogspot.com/

Little Visitors Swap
Superhero & Comic Fan Swap
Fabric Printing Swap
Hazelhoneylove
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013 11:08:54 PM »

I want to start doing hand sewn appliqué designs that have a cute, kitch, kawaii, Japanese type style.  Instead of using published books I'd like to doodle inspiration from the world around me.  So now I need to go and buy a blank journal!

Hazelhoneylove's appliqué inspiration.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2013 09:31:35 PM by Hazelhoneylove » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft a little everyday.

www.hazelhoney.etsy .com
jenleahlynn
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2013 08:31:43 AM »

i found it very hard to write over an old book page. i had a copy of harry potter that was falling apart, so i took the leap and made some of it into book marks. my daughter was shocked that i was cutting up the cover, even though it had fallen off. she told me book should be repaired. even though we have multiple copies of this book already. i used some of the left over scraps to cover the first page in my sketch book, but taking my pen and writing over it.... gulp....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...