A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,186
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Art Journal-along-CLOSED  (Read 18905 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spookygrrrly

glitter glue addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 05, 2013 10:59:44 PM »

Welcome to the 2013 Art Journal-along! One of my goals for the new year is to work on my art journal everyday...even if it is as little as 5 minutes....I'd love it if I have some company on this journey. Smiley

This is a craft-along to help inspire, encourage, and help you create your own art journal. Collage, draw, paint, altered art...all forms of art journals are welcome to join.

You don't have to wait for a page to be done in order to post. In progress photos are welcome too. What to share a technique that you liked? Post that too! The idea is to cheer each other on as much as possible, share ideas, keep each other motivated, and have fun.

To help keep things organized I'm going to post news, links, and a link to your finished journal on page 1. Update your journal thread as you complete pages so that at the end of the year we can see all the journals. Though feel free to make any in progress posts in the main thread too.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014 09:37:24 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

spookygrrrly

glitter glue addict

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013 11:01:30 PM »

Reserved for Links, News, and Participant List

Participant List:

Spookygrrrly
Trinalocakary
Libertine49
Jenleahlynn
KaoticKrafter

Need some help getting started? Here are some Prompts to get you going:

January Promts:

1. Claim your book! Like any piece of art one of the most important parts...is the signature otherwise how does anyone know it is yours? I like the technique used by Sarah Whitmire in her Soul Journaling series for claiming your journal. I know use this basic idea as the start for all of my journals. Other ideas: Who are you? Make an "about you" page for your journal. What are all the names you've had or names you always wanted to have?  Make a page about how you feel about your name.

2. New Year's Resolutions. On my first day of winter classes last week one of my art professors shared a list of New Years Resolutions for the Artist. What would your artist resolutions be? To try an new technique? Craft something each day? Try to sell your work? Make all your Christmas gifts this year? Other ideas: Don't do resolutions...then make a page about why not!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013 07:28:38 PM by spookygrrrly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

spookygrrrly

glitter glue addict

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013 11:02:47 PM »

Reserved for Spookygrrrly's Finished Journal Pages
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013 07:17:20 AM »

I need to work on my journals more often, thanks for the motivation

First project of 2013 was this art journal page to practice my lettering, it is my quotes journal , black cardstock in a 6x6" scrapbook without sleeves, this page is Prismacolor pencils and gel pens.

1. Be with somebody
2. You are far too smart  
3.  Need to want less

I am taking 10 weeks and documenting my attempt to make changes
I decided to make this ongoing so changed the cover
This is the journal for that.
1. Cover
2. Pg 1
3. Pg 2. List
4. Break to go coffee habit
5. New ongoing changes cover
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013 02:47:16 PM by trinalocakary » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
jennythor
crafty where it counts

crafting and swimming will save the world

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013 07:30:47 AM »

I'd love to participate in this
i do a mix of art journaling and regular journaling
but motivation and community is great!
how does this work tho? by saying i want to be in means I'm in?
thanks

well January and Feb so far have been much less productive then i would like and i haven't journal ed as much
i trying to gt back into the saddle and get the negative out of my head
but these mandalas are something Ive worked on over the years and a way of bringing myself back to the present
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013 01:42:58 PM by jennythor - Reason: added pics » THIS ROCKS   Logged

love to take part in personal swaps, I would love a poppet of my very own, or a doll like the ones made by Poppets & Lace
trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013 07:58:36 AM »

Yep... I plan to just keep modifying my first post to include thumbnail images of my finished work and as the craftalong goes on I will post stuff like 1 or 2 (or 4) full sized pics of finished and in process stuff and comment on other people's stuff.
That gives us a place to consolidate everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
spookygrrrly

glitter glue addict

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013 09:42:18 AM »

I'd love to participate in this
i do a mix of art journaling and regular journaling
but motivation and community is great!
how does this work tho? by saying i want to be in means I'm in?
thanks

Pretty much what trinalocakary said. Smiley 

All you have to do to "sign up" is participate. Just use your first posting as a place to update with pictures as you work on your journal. It's up to you how much or how often you want to post. Once you start having a thread you are updating I'll post a link to it so that it is easier for people to find each others journals. It's sort of like your own mini gallery. Smiley 

Though if you are wanting to participate please make a new post for your journal page to update so that we can keep this info here for others. I can't wait to see your journal pages. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

libertine49
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013 10:06:05 AM »

Well, I think I am going to claim yhis spot and finish a page Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenleahlynn
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013 05:52:23 PM »

sign me up!
Jenleahlynn's Journal Pages
January 6, 2013

I started doing atc cards last fall, and that open me up to sketching again. I had taken art classes in college, but had spent little time on it since then. I do scrapbook, spending hours on the perfect page, and take tons of photographs. The idea of creating something more abstract, just for me is appealing. My drawings tend to be more realistic, or geometric. Mixed media is a challenge, i would like to explore.

I did the name prompt today, and i'll try and scan and post it soon.  

i've been working on my journal, but usually away from home so i haven't been taking pictures to post, so here's a quick catch up. hopefully the ipod pictures are clear enough

i'm using an old sketchbook, and working over some doodles and notes i did 10 years ago or so...

this one is my favorite, i covered some of the skeching i didn't like with book print, and incoporated the face that i did like into the flowers. i also journaled some very negative feelings from the past in pencil, then stronger more positive feeling from now in larger print and in on top, then added color with watercolor pencil. i like that you can still make out the writing underneath.

these are still unfinished. i get an idea to start a background, but then i don't know how to continue adding depth from there.

this watercolor of my grandmother is a study for a larger project. i found it really interesting to study her face, all the wrinkles, and a started to see similaritys between me and her that i hadn't noticed before.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013 10:44:52 AM by jenleahlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn
-i love to try new crafts, and learn new techniques. my strength is color pencils, but i also scrapbook, stitch, crochet, bead, any excuse to head to the craft store!

harry potter craft along
teesha moore patch swap
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
KaoticKrafter
Creating handmade treasures from recycled materials.

Procraftination- the best way to avoid chores!

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013 06:54:13 PM »

I finished making my table in my creative space today, so I have somewhere to work in my altered journals now! I have been feeling a little lost lately, so I plan to create an entire altered journal about who I am and who I want to be.

Looking forward to seeing what others come up with!

KaoticKrafter's January 2013 Altered Journal

More photos at my flicker site.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013 01:48:59 PM by KaoticKrafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creating a Multiple Exposure Image in Photoshop
Tips For Positioning Ambient Light in a Portrait Session
Panning With High Speed Flash
Photographing Carnival Rides at Night
Off Book: Light Painting
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...